Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in reply to an old thread I would like to chime in it was on this site - wwe-wrestlers-real-heights.612968/

Since I couldn't reply to this old thread as it's locked , I would like to make a new thread on the subject :) , as a height obsessed guy ( I know pretty sad lol ) who has done years of research into it and also with a huge fascination with the WWE I would like to point out some mistakes in this thread.

@batistah Batista is actually than Brock, Batista is about 6'2 1/2 where as Brock is around 6'2 ( measured by K1 and the NFL dynamite), Sheamus is also not 6'4, he is in and around 6'2 maybe a hair taller.

@DoubleAwesome Brock was measured at 6'2 1/4 by the NFL combine at his time with the Minnesota Vikings and is more than likely 6'2 at night.

@Andromeda79 Batista is taller than 6'1!! he is about 6'2 1/2, Hogan is no where near 6'4 even in 2012 at the time of the thread, he is about 6'3 max current and peak was in and around 6'6. prime HBK was probably 5'11 he was slightly shorter than 6'0 Bret Hart

@suit_up Kane is about 6'7 and was probably in and around 6'8 prime

I'd love to hear your opinions and your estimations!

* my original thread was removed for some reason, I didn't break any rules so I'm not sure why, maybe it was in the wrong section? hopefully this is the right section, if this is in the wrong section please tell me , I'm not trying to break any rules.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Just from a few I've met. I'm 6'

Rusev looked to be pretty much the same height as me and he's billed at 6' and that seemed about right.

Trent Seven is billed at 5' 11". Seemed to be a bit shorter than that I would guess 5' 9" or something. I got a pic with him and had people comment that I'm noticeably taller than him.

·
Illegitimate child of Robert 'Glorious' Roode
898 Posts
I believe they use the same measuring tape for their heights as most men do your their penis

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Orton and Cena are 2 you can use to compare to others to find out how tall they are. Since these 2 are making lots of media appearances, and usually are around lots of people they can't go overboard with their stats. We would easily be able to tell if they did. Cena is just over 6', and Orton is around 6'3 maybe 6'4 on good day.

Brock, Goldberg, Reigns, Batista, Sheamus are 6'2.
Angle was like 5'9 at best in his prime, nowadays even shorter.
Taker, Kane are 6'7-6'8.
Strowman, Corbin are 6'6.
Drew is 6'4-5 (he mentioned himself he is legit 6'5 and in his boots 6'7, and 270 pounds, very weird that he is not billed at like 6'7-8)

Guys like Samoa Joe, Rusev are 5'10, Zayn maybe 5'11, Cesaro 6'3, Gable is like 5'6-7, Brian prob 5'7, Bray Wyatt is like 6'1, Lashley is shorter than Batista so prob 6'0.5, Rollins around 6'1, Dean Ambrose (probably most over billed wrestler in modern era, wasn't he billed at like 6'4 and looks to be under 6' most of the time) is maybe 6' at best, Rowan is big dude prob around 6'6-7 at least, Luke Harper prob around 6'4, I honestly don't even remember who was/is on roster in past few years that's how much I watch or care about current WWE lol. Basically if you are 6' you are billed at 6'2, if 6'2 and normal build 6'4, 6'2 and monster like Batista, Sheamus, etc at least 6'5-6'6, if you are 6'5-6 then 6'8, and if 6'8 usually 6'10 or they even try 7' claim.

I always found it funny how Orton back in the day was billed at like 6'4 and clearly taller than HHH (who was billed at 6'4), and Batista who has 6'5 or even 6'6 (by JR), they didn't think that one through lol.

Kane was billed at 7' yet clearly few inches shorter than Show who was billed at 7' for most of his career (with short 7'2-4 period). There is no fucking way Show is "only" 6'9 like most people claim these days. He made Kane and Taker look short, it would mean they are only like 6'5 and there is no way they are that "short". He was legit 7'.

I've recently watched a match between Taker, Reigns and Drew, Shane. Taker was billed at like 6'10.5 and sometimes 6'9 yet barely taller than Drew who was billed at 6'5 (with his boots 6'7).

Thing about these guys is they are fucking huge, even someone shorter like Rusev/Big E are big ass dudes. Rusev stands next to Cena, you see Cena is big guy, Cena stands next to HHH, you see HHH is big guy, HHH stands next to Batista you see Batista is big guy, Batista stands next to JBL, you see JBL is big guy, JBL stands next to Kane, you see Kane is big guy, Kane stands next to Nathan Jones, you see Nathan Jones is big guy, Nathan Jones stands next to Show and you realize Show is fucking mountain, he makes all these monsters look average sized. This dude should've been undefeated for most of his career at least, but instead he was made into a joke.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Its kinda scary how much height Hogan lost to age/surgeries.

In 91-92 he was almost as tall as Sid.

Sid is pretty much the same height as 6'8-ish Undertaker.

And years later. Hogans only as tall as 6'3-6'4 The Rock.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,196 Posts
rock is certainly not 6'5 lol

jericho is well under 6'

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Peak Hogan was 6'5, but due to age and multiple back/knee surgeries, he's around 6'3-6'2.5 today.

Peak Show was probably 7'1, he was about an inch shorter than 7'2 Shaq when they did the staredown.

Peak Jericho is no taller than 5'9.

Lesnar is around 6'2.

Orton and Edge were legit 6'5fters when they were younger.

Angle is 5'8, he used to be 5'10.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I think as far as height goes, you subtract two inches to get their actual heights. For weight, subtract twenty pounds.

Crazily enough, they billed Kurt Angle as 6'2" at one point, it was on the Tale Of The Tape for a No Way Out PPV. I'm 5'8.5 and we're basically the same height. Same with Chris Jericho. Finn Balor is 5'9 when he's billed at 5'11. Met them all at Axxess a few years back.

·
Angry at refs
3,510 Posts
Some people may not know this because he looks shorter on TV for some reason, but Hornswoggle is around 7ft tall in real life.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
I doubt Edge was ever 6'5. Probably 6'3 peak.

Orton I met in 2004 during Wrestlemania 20 weekend in WWE hotel. He was 6'3.5-6'4.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Some people may not know this because he looks shorter on TV for some reason, but Hornswoggle is around 7ft tall in real life.
It's well known fact that WWE uses camera tricks to make him appear smaller than he actually is. They use same techniques to make Show appear 7' when in reality he is 5'7 MAX.

·
Registered
11,962 Posts
I remember reading that Andre was only like 6'10" - 6'11"
6'10. He was billed that in France and UK in 1968-69 before going to Japan. It wasn't until he got to Canada did he get the 7'4 Billings.

6'10 is still extremely tall in real life. Kane and Taker in reality peaked at 6'7 in the 1990s, Taker is probably 6'6 max these days. Strowman is about 6'6 legit. Even Kevin Nash who looked huge this past Friday on SD is probably 6'8 max these days

Wilt Chamberlain was NBA listed 7'1, Andre was shorter clearly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hogans back surgeries and age have knocked a good 3 inches from his peak height, Hogan was a monster back in the late 80's

Sid was also huge, may have had the best look out of any wrestler in history too bad he was awful in the ring.

·
Registered
402 Posts
WWE billed Big Show as 7ft 2 even heel Big Slow himself referred to himself as 7 ft 2.

Masked Kane was billed as 7ft when he debut with Paul Bear

Michael Cole on Commentary said Braun was legitimately 7 foot. So much shorter in real life at 6 ft 6

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You can knock off 2-3 inches and 20-40lbs off almost all billed stats. Their are some exceptions, but that's the standard.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts