Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals

I've just started wrestling about 10 weeks ago and Friday just past I had my first match. It would be great if you guys could stop by my Facebook page and have a look around and give me some feedback so far? Also give the page a like if it's not too much trouble! Thanks.

Kenny Maclean

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
I think you should change your name.

Firstly, it reminded me of Kenny 'The Cleaner' Omega, then I typed the name into Google and the name already belongs to a musician...

It isn't a good start when your name belongs to someone with a higher profile. You should try and be at the top of the page on Google.

I checked out your Facebook page and your look is very generic. It's like a wannabe street thug. Your shoes are hideous. I'm sorry, but they are.

You could also work on your body a bit, obviously.

Good luck!

EDIT: Are you trying to be like Dean Ambrose?

·
Banned
1,353 Posts
I hope you don't think I was being nasty. My brother thinks my message was nasty.

I just feel like you're not going to improve if people don't give you some constructive criticism.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

·
Banned
411 Posts
I think you should change your name.

Firstly, it reminded me of Kenny 'The Cleaner' Omega, then I typed the name into Google and the name already belongs to a musician...

It isn't a good start when your name belongs to someone with a higher profile. You should try and be at the top of the page on Google.

I checked out your Facebook page and your look is very generic. It's like a wannabe street thug. Your shoes are hideous. I'm sorry, but they are.

You could also work on your body a bit, obviously.

Good luck!

EDIT: Are you trying to be like Dean Ambrose?
Jesus, the guy isn't a WWE superstar! He only started training 10 weeks ago and has had 1 match. So it's not really fair that you compare him to the guys at the top of the industry.

I think he looks really good for his first match. Certainly he's taken a lot of inspiration from Dean Ambrose. But's it's going to take a bit of time and more experience before he properly develops into his true character! There's nothing stopping him from changing his name, his gimmick, his attire and from improving his physique over time!

Keep up the good work Kenny!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I certainly wasn't offended by your message, I wouldn't of asked for opinions if that were the case. I thank you for your constructive criticism and like the guy above said I'm only 10 weeks into training and still trying to build on where I'm taking my character. Yes I took some inspiration from Ambrose but it's also how I am as a person.. A loner a bit unpredictable and hot headed.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Are you at a training setup & who is the Trainer(s)? 10 weeks and you're in a match(!) were you happy with how match went down? Wish you all luck getting where you aspire to be, stay real and enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm at a setup in my local city training twice a week and trained by a local wrestler also. Yeah got some great feedback from some of the pros that were on the show.. One was from a big British promotion so I was pleased with it. They usually put you in a couple of rumbles for your first outing in the ring but they thought I was good enough to go straight into a proper match up so again they must have confidence in me. Got a seminar and a show with too cool in a couple of weeks, looking forward to picking their brains

1 - 7 of 7 Posts