Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Can someone just tell me please me and my friend were having this discussion last night

Do wrestlers get told exactly what to say on the mic or do they get told what to talk about and they make it up as they go along?

My friend thinks they got told exactly what to say but i dont?

can anyone tell me? haha

thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some are given bullet points to address, then given latitude to improvise accordingly.

Others who lack the skill to improvise are given pure scripts.

This is atleast what I believe goes on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, the more experienced stars go over talking points with the writers, whereas lots of the younger guys are given words to repeat verbatim.

Which completely sucks, because it means they can't even ride with the crowd.

Look at Dolph Ziggler on shows, for instance, in contrast to something like Long Island Iced Z. Where he's absolutely hilarious. #HEEL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah as above. It's obviously when you see someone like Punk on the mic that he a lot of license (at the moment) - picking up on the anti-PG crowd and using his knowledge of wrestling as a whole.

Take Mark Henry at NoC for example - he had to use initiative after he won to get the crowd back down after they started cheering him, because he knows he has to stay heel.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Isn't it mostly scripted these days? Especially the more important promos. In the past guys like The Rock, Flair and Foley could just go out and do it, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts