Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
Wwe pays for surgery. They pay for your rehab if you're using their trainers. They also still pay you he pro rated amounted of your downside. Yes they may not pay for the stop st s doc for the common cold but they and wcw are the only companies that took care of their guys medically.

Low Ki got hurt in njpw and was told tough like, just like when Shelly broke his neck. Bryan admits to hiding concussions in njpw and roh because if you don't work you don't get paid, so you can't be hurt there. TanA told Daffney too bad and they didn't even pay for Angle or the Hardys to enter rehab, wwe did while they worked for the competition

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Yea this kind of stuff seems a little bit more complicated than what whatculture can handle, let alone most of this forum. If there was a glaring problem with how the healthcare in WWE was run, or wrestlers' wellbeing, then more than CM Punk would come out and complain about it when they're released or begrudged like Ryback.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but don't wrestlers have to pay for most of their own transport (Minus flights) and accommodation? If you're going around the US all year round booking into hotels every night, that's going to get pricey. Don't know how much of that 100k they'll keep after it all, well the lower card guys who get $100k.
Pretty sure they don't. WWE pretty much arranges all travel and schedules in order to optimize talent time. If you have someone like a Bella, that goes double given they have to work with camera crews for Total Divas to make everything work out.

You don't want the star to be one place, the cameras to be in another, and everyone was supposed to be at an arena half an hour ago. The logistics are all planned out in advance and managed, or it wouldn't work. I'm sure that goes for room reservations and what not also. They don't leave much to chance.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
Are you telling me that a business whose employees are at constant risk of serious injury won't pay its employees health insurance premiums? This is the most unsurprising thing in the world.

WWE does foot the bill for a lot of its wrestler's medical bills if those bills are for care thanks to WWE-related injury or illness. This almost certainly costs less than paying for health insurance plans directly for all the wrestlers and that is why WWE does it. If you have 10 guys and 3 get injured and it costs $100,000 each to heal them up, that's sixty grand less than paying $3,000 a month in health insurance for all 10. And yes, health insurance premiums for people who are at high risk of serious injury (or employer plans that cover the employee's family too, which are common) can easily get that high.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts
Travel is also handled in different negotiations. Some people have per diem, some have their own bus, some fly air McMahon, some get first class tix, etc.

For instance when a nxt person travels with the main roster but isn't set to be there full time it's already said wwe pays for food, rents their rooms, books heir flights, and rents their car.

How good are your lawyers and what's your worth to the company? Not everyone flies first class and they shouldn't. Not everyone will have every meal paid for but they get good rates etc. Hell I remember reading lashley had made over a million dollars with wwe in his short time on the main roster for instance. It all comes down to what your bring to the company and how you are going to spend it?

Like when nxt tours, the A team of nxt and not the Florida crew who only have to drive a couple hours (learning experience). They get a hotel booked just for them and a tour bus so there are no rentals necessary unless if they want to site see on their own. They basically do nothing but shop and eat with their money

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
most WWE stars get over 100 grand a year , so i'm sure they can cover it, UFC fighters and boxers pay for there own too.

also WWE is pretty right wing so thats likely why they dont

UFC fighters are some of the worst paid athletes for an organisation of that size.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
People have been calling for a wrestler's union for years. That said I think if there was a major problem you'd have guys speaking up and not just the guys that are looking to make trouble.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
If you ask me the whole system in the WWE sounds really archaic.
Just like their mindset and show's presentation.

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
Vince aint gonna pay for everyons health care

·
Team Narcisse
7,941 Posts
As long as there is a monopoly this will never change but at the end of the day the wrestlers agree to it when they sign that contract to work for them.

·
Banned
16 Posts
This.

The McMahons are really just hypocrotical two faced pieces of shit that use dying kids to soften their brand, whilst treating their workers like shit.

They are Republicans so of course they think everyone who isnt rich is some sort of parasite that should be hapy to have a crappy paying and crappy treatment in their job.

WWE could easily find a way to insure them. Hell, they may even get it cheaper as a group than a collection of individuals.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts