Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm in the middle of reading Shawn's auto-biography (which is a great read by the way) and I came across a story regarding his and Vader's Summerslam match in 1996.

He goes on to tell that he wanted to try something special, and therefore planned a spot where he would go for the top rope elbow drop and Vader would roll out of the way and HBK would then catch himself on his feet at the last moment but then still drop the elbow on Vader who was laying in his new postion.

However, Vader failed to move and HBK landed on his feet for no apparent reason and looked like an idiot as a result.

Immediately this pissed off Shawn and he legitimately lost his cool and kicked vader and screamed at him to move.

The part in question is at 8:35 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jKzLDIUb3c

This moment reminded me of the infamous Orton/Kofi moment, "Stupid! Stupid!" where Kofi didn't do as planned and thus led to Orton flipping his cool like, "WTF are you doing?!?"

I thought it'd be a cool idea for a thread if anyone else remembered any other moments like these where a wrestler legitimately got pissed at another performer for blowing a spot, and verbally lashed out at them in front of the live crowd. And if so maybe provide a link if you can find one.

And yeah I know it's probably been viewed to death but just in case someone hasn't seen it here's the Orton/Kofi video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kxxFjiD6s

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

And we all wonder why Gail Kim never gets her push..........

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Flipping out over a missed spot is extremely unprofessional. Randy Orton is always at it..

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Orton never actually got mad at Kofi, he's stated it already that he was just going crazy like that after his rko because he wanted to add more to his character(and the moment) and that sometimes it worked(like when he did it to miz) and other times it didn't(when he did rko to kofi)

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
I watched a botchamania video a while back and it showed Perry Saturn losing the head with another wrestler (cant remember who it was) but he gave him what looked like a few legit punches and kicks and then Perry tossed him out of the ring and the guy landed right on his head!
Plus there was the time Randy got pissed at Kennedy after a supposedly botched backdrop.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
This is a recent one. I'm not 100% sure but I remember there being a whole big thing about Cena being late coming out and Shawn and Trips obvious frustration which is something you normally don't see from them. The cue guy seriously messed up lol. It's from like 0.20 where HHH starts stalling and then just walks away while HBK kicks up a fuss.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I watched a botchamania video a while back and it showed Perry Saturn losing the head with another wrestler (cant remember who it was) but he gave him what looked like a few legit punches and kicks and then Perry tossed him out of the ring and the guy landed right on his head!
Plus there was the time Randy got pissed at Kennedy after a supposedly botched backdrop.
Beat me to it. But, it was some guy named Mike Bell...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mike Bell got his bell rung..... corny pun
gail kim had a concussion she was out of it and no1 flipped out. that was just a botch.
i remember the eddie one, i was like did i just hear what i think i heard? lol

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Shawn stomping Vader for not being in the right spot for his elbow drop.

See the new "VaderMainia" for the omega fight over a mistake that resulted in an eye being knocked out

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the Ultimate Warrior DVD, there is a funny anecdote about the Warrior no selling to Andre the Giant during several consecutive shows. Basically one night Andre decided to lay him out on a rebound off the ropes, and he sold quite nicely after that show.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Anyone remember the Undertaker Vs. Masters incident? (Was it at a house show?). Masters quickly disappeared after that I believe.
I don't think it was Masters, I'm pretty sure it was Heidenreich, but I'm not certain. Basically a few years ago at this house show Undertaker was in this tag match and he was getting pissed at Heidenreich for not selling and starting yelling pretty loud at him.

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
I don't think it was Masters, I'm pretty sure it was Heidenreich, but I'm not certain. Basically a few years ago at this house show Undertaker was in this tag match and he was getting pissed at Heidenreich for not selling and starting yelling pretty loud at him.

Maybe Heidenreich too but Masters was definitely the guy. A thread was made about it, Masters got humbled by Undertaker.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts