Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just asking myself who is the most over where besides their Hometown and who got the biggest Heat in certain Countrys or States. The obbvious ones:

Bret Hart was hugely over in the UK and even more so in Germany
The Rock always was over in Canada
Shawn Michaels was hated in Canada, Heel or not
..Who else is there?

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Canadians in Canada.

Angle got cheered and Eddie got booed in their match in Canada.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Earl Hebner and Vince McMahon always gets heat in Canada, for the same reason as HBK.

Randy Orton is alway cheered in Australia, heel or face.

I heard Christian is massively over in the UK.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/smackdown/536088-alberto-del-rio-interview.html#post9300869 Apparently Undertaker is massively over in Mexico.

Anyone who worked in ROH (Punk, Danielson etc.) are usually over massively in NYC, iirc.

On the flip side Khali always gets "you can't wrestle" chants in The Big Apple, as does Cena (as a face).

I know it kind of bends the rules a bit, but I remember once when Kurt Angle was in Pittsburgh, he was a heel and tried to get heat by insulting the city's sport teams, celebrities etc. but no matter what he said everyone still cheered for him. I remember a similar thing happening in Miami with MVP.

JBL got heat everywhere he went but I'm not sure if that counts.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Wade Barrett got a fairly decent pop in Manchester, but I was surprised it wasn't as good as it was, you know kids don't care that he's from the same city as him, because he doesn't like SuperCena.

William Regal however is massively over in the UK, obviously, gets a huge pop nationwide.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah he played the Racist and you know busted up their Hero, so he got threats people killing him and stuff, riots etc.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
LOL! Is this true? I wouldn't be surprised. I know he can't go to Germany, after the Hitler salute thing.
Yeah, partly because of his feud with Eddie, partly because of the time he stood on the Mexican Border and chased potential immigrants back into Mexico

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
^ I remember that Mexican Border promo I was basically sitting in front of my TV going; :shocked: can they get away with that!?

Did Bradshaw really get death threats though? I mean it is all kayfabe in the end.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some People still take it for real.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Heel Edge v "Face" Cena in the TLC match in Canada. Edge got massive pop and Cena got jeers. I forget which ppv it was..

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like i said Hometowns don't count.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Yeah, partly because of his feud with Eddie, partly because of the time he stood on the Mexican Border and chased potential immigrants back into Mexico
:lmao This is seriously one of the best things WWE has ever done. It cracks me up every damn time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts