Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
There's only one of me
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, I used to paint my face like Warrior and Sting, and wrestle with my Hogan and Savage wrestling buddies (yes, true story). It was pretty cool when wrestlers painted their faces. Even Luger and Savage wore face paint for a storyline, when teaming with Sting. The Road Warriors (Legion of Doom), the Great Muta, Demolition, Goldust, Papa Shango, Doink...and many others down the road...have used it for long periods of time. Even Jeff Hardy painted his face at one point.

My girlfriend was asking about it, and it got me thinking: on the active roster, there isn't a single wrestler that has a painted face. In fact, since Goldust, I can't think of another...and how long has it been since Goldust was an active wrestler on Raw or Smackdown?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't remember anyone since him...makes me wonder if the paint bothers a lot of guys. I recall Demolition needing to get paint out of the corners of their eyes many times during matches...they really caked that stuff on there.

Would you paint your face if you were in the WWE? What kind of design would you have? Why do you think it's less common in the WWE today?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yoshi Tatsu has started to wear face paint as of late looks pretty cool but without any kind of promotion i don't think most of the WWE fans even know of the change

I do miss the facepaint though, Sting looked like a total badass in the late 90's

·
There's only one of me
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Undertaker wears women's make up, does that count?
Haha...he does. I'm not going to count that because it could very well be an everyday thing for him, in and out of the ring, lol.

Yoshi Tatsu has started to wear face paint as of late looks pretty cool but without any kind of promotion i don't think most of the WWE fans even know of the change

I do miss the facepaint though, Sting looked like a total badass in the late 90's
I've never seen Yoshi Tatsu wrestle, haha. Yikes.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Aha, I bet it was bloody awesome to wrestle with your mates impersonating your favourite wrestlers. If by some chance I got into the WWE one day, I'd probably have a gimmick with face paint if they allowed me to do it, since nobody really does it anymore.

I don't really know why, maybe because there would have to be a real, solid gimmick to be introduced with if you had face paint. Face paint pretty much says who you are and what path you've chosen, stuff like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts