Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing that never fails to hype me for Mania is WWE's yearly Road to WM video package. WWE is so damn good at video production.

Nice choice as theme song this year. It's Tinie Tempah, "Written in the stars" for those that didn't know. I quite like Tinie Tempah personally, so cool to see his song featured. I've added the youtube link to the song below.

Thoughts on the theme song choice?

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
It is by far the most different theme for Wrestlemania I can think of in quite a long while. It's not what you immediately associate with Wrestlemania themes--they tend to be visceral and ridiculously catchy with a beat you can't get out of your head--but I'm sure some of that effect will take place with this one after WWE plays it fifty billion times between now and April 3.

I can see it being a slightly controversial choice because it doesn't fit the most basic template as easily as the past few Wrestlemania themes in particular...

However, I admire the breadth of the song, and I can't help but think that it was partly chosen for this year's Wrestlemania because of the aptness of the lyrics. Especially lines from the chorus like, "Seasons come and go/But I will never change/I'm on my way," it's a very fitting appropriation of where WWE is at this very moment with a passing of seasons/changing of the guard, so to speak, in its upper echelon, but with the reassurance that fundamentally WWE will never "change" at least in its quest to entertain ya (or, Wrestlemania as an institution being represented as a life form, which is kind of bizarre thinking, I must admit).

Anyway, I like it. And I like that it's not so "hooky" as most Wrestlemania themes. "I Made It" was very appropriate last year but by the time Wrestlemania was upon us, I felt like I wanted to take a flame thrower to the song, as it gets stuck in your head and honestly it's one of those themes you can get sick of. This year's Wrestlemania theme is more subdued and sweeter to the ears, so even when they play it thirty-five zillion times between now and April 3, it'll probably still not get on my nerves much.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
Don't really think it's an old song in North America. Had never heard it before in fact. It's on my iPod now though. Good shit.

· Registered
10,291 Posts
Never heard the song before last night, but I love it, it's stuck in my head now, and I've but it on repeat on my iPod. I'm sure by the time WM27 comes around I'm gonna hate it just from the amount of times I play it but it's still an amazing song, and it just fits the majesty and pageantry of Wrestlemania.

I just love the chorus "Written in the stars, a million miles away....Seasons come and go, but I will never change, and I’m on my way"

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
9,503 Posts
As someone else pointed out, its new here in America. Its a decent song; tbh it sounds identical to I Made It and Light It Up, but I never listen to that entire pop subgenre, so what do I know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.