Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot about how the WM XXIX should be The Rock vs Brock, Undertaker vs John Cena and maybe CM Punk vs Steve Austin. But I think that the WWE Championship should be given the importance it once had and I also think that CM Punk still can be the face of the company. There are also other matches that I want to hear what you think about them:

Thats why I think the WM XXIX should be as follows:

CM Punk vs John Cena for the WWE Championship - I think this can potentially be something similar that what SCSA vs The Rock was on Wrestlemania XVII, to "faces" going at it for what is supposed to be the top price in the business, the highest of goals. This shouldn't be a friendly riverlry, shouldn't be about smiles and jokes. Have them cost each other matches, do the whole roster giving an opinion on who they think would win, the whole nine yards. The finish can be clean, but it also opens the door for the much awaited Cena heel turn

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar - Another intriguing matchup that has to be seen as a Big Event, which would se Brock challenging Rock to see if he can beat who was supposed to be the Next Best Thing. I would have Lesnar go over Rock cleanly on this one if the decides to stay full time, and have him dominate the WWE as a heel in 2013. Maybe another incarnation of the Two Man Power Trip with heel Cena and Brock.

Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan - I know, it seems far fetched...but who can really carry Taker to a better match at this stage of his career? After seeing what Bryan did with Sheamus and how credible he looked beating a big man up with smarts and strategy, suddenly you have a credible opponent. Taker would go over of course, but it would be at least a 4 star match.

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Rock shouldn't be losing to Lesnar after putting him over at SummerSlam.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
If Rock/Brock go at it at WrestleMania 29, and I hope they do, then it should be The Rock winning. A potential storyline for that match would be Lesnar saying The Rock claims he's done it all by beating Hogan, Austin and Cena at WrestleMania, but Lesnar reminds everyone he beat The Rock at SummerSlam in just the first few months of his career to be WWE Champion and sent The Rock packing for Hollywood and that The Rock's legacy is nothing until he beats Lesnar. It's definitely a potential storyline for a possible match at WM29 with Rock/Brock that would have The Rock winning.

That being said, I don't think we get Punk/Cena at WM29 either. I think the top two matches at WM29 are going to be Rock/Brock and Cena/Taker OR Rock/Cena II and Brock/Taker.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i just knew it would be a matter of time until a random daniel bryan mark would even suggest having undertaker vs daniel bryan at wm. Don't take this the wrong way though bryan's one of my favorite wrestlers in wwe and going against taker would ruin brya'sn momentum in terms of the overness with the fans.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Taker is legit on his last legs. Next year's Mania could possibly be his last. He's, at this point, just doing Wrestlemania matches and a WM with Bryan will never happen. If I'm wrong, them I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident that it won't happen.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan? fpalm

Bryan is NOWHERE NEAR, and I repeat, NOWHERE NEAR Undertaker's level. He doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as him, especially at Wrestlemania. If Bryan faced Undertaker at 'Mania and WON, that would be one of the lowest moments in WWE history.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
would love punk/cena at wm. the two guys with the best chemistry in the company.

Reactions: Firallon

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Weird. I was just thinking today that Punk/Cena at WM is maybe the last picture perfect way for Cena to turn heel. Big Johnny (whose grand introduction, really, was being punched in the face at MitB) books the two biggest thorns in his side to fight each other, and Cena cracks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan? fpalm

Bryan is NOWHERE NEAR, and I repeat, NOWHERE NEAR Undertaker's level. He doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as him, especially at Wrestlemania. If Bryan faced Undertaker at 'Mania and WON, that would be one of the lowest moments in WWE history.
Bryan "the character" in terms of credibility is not on the same level. But Bryan "the professional wrestler" is on his level inside a ring.

If they raised the characters cred and built him up for the match it could work. If Taker wanted to put Bryan over, he would be making Bryan a star. Not likely though. Just being booked strong in defeat and proving you can hang however can go a long way for a character.

You can call it whatcha like but this business is, was and should always be built on paying it forward, willingness to put others over, making others look good win or lose and going out on your back when you go.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
Yeah, I don't think D-Bryan vs Taker is happening. Now this would be my ideal Wrestlemania card.

Rock/Brock for the WWE championship
Taker/Cena in an I Quit match
Austin/Punk
Sheamus/Wade Barrett for the World Heavyweight Championship
Bryan/HHH (HHH needs something to do at Wrestlemania, why not wrestle D-Bryan?)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Punk vs Cena for the wwe title sounds good but Bryan vs Taker......HELL NO. Maybe if they started pushing him like a Kurt Angle character then maybe but thats way in the future and by that time Taker would have been retired.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.