Wrestling Forum banner

WrestleMania XXIX (29): TORONTO DESERVES WRESTLEMANIA. I'll Tell You Why

13876 Views 112 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  KYSeahawks
WrestleMania, One of the greatest shows of the year. In its 27 year history it has only left the United States Twice. WrestleMania XI & X8 were both in Toronto. They were held in The Skydome which is now called (Rogers Centre)

For The Past 2 years, it has been rumoured toronto would get WrestleMania in 2012. Links shown below

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...in-toronto-new-gina-carano-fight-photos-83093

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/11/20/11830811-sun.html

The year of 2011 has come and annonced in Feburary, that WrestleMania 28 will be held from Miami Florida.

Look i understand potential reasons why they are having it there
- The Rock: Its his hometown, he could get inducted "Maybe the rock said he would consider a return match if it was in his hometown
- One Of The Greatest Tourist States. Disney, Universal, etc. Even a short drive to TNA IMPACT.

But Didnt florida just have a wrestlemania 4 years ago, its not fair to other cities.

Toronto deserves this because of this
- They have not had a PPV since 2006 which was Unforgiven
- The Crowd, you guys know how great Canadian Crowds
- The things you can do in the City: CN TOWER, Watch A Leafs, Raptors Game, etc. Musuems, Niagra Falls, SO MUCH TO DO, Downtown, entertainment district everything is good in TDOT..

SO IF YOU THINK TORONTO DESERVES WM 29 express your feelings :)
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
Re: WrestleMania XXVIV (29): TORONTO DESERVES WRESTLEMANIA. I'll Tell You Why

WrestleMania, One of the greatest shows of the year. In its 27 year history it has only left the United States Twice. WrestleMania XI & X8 were both in Toronto. They were held in The Skydome which is now called (Rogers Centre)

For The Past 2 years, it has been rumoured toronto would get WrestleMania in 2012. Links shown below

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...in-toronto-new-gina-carano-fight-photos-83093

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2009/11/20/11830811-sun.html

The year of 2011 has come and annonced in Feburary, that WrestleMania 28 will be held from Miami Florida.

Look i understand potential reasons why they are having it there
- The Rock: Its his hometown, he could get inducted "Maybe the rock said he would consider a return match if it was in his hometown
- One Of The Greatest Tourist States. Disney, Universal, etc. Even a short drive to TNA IMPACT.

But Didnt florida just have a wrestlemania 4 years ago, its not fair to other cities.

Toronto deserves this because of this
- They have not had a PPV since 2006 which was Unforgiven
- The Crowd, you guys know how great Canadian Crowds
- The things you can do in the City: CN TOWER, Watch A Leafs, Raptors Game, etc. Musuems, Niagra Falls, SO MUCH TO DO, Downtown, entertainment district everything is good in TDOT..

SO IF YOU THINK TORONTO DESERVES WM 29 express your feelings :)
I cant believe anyone is complaining they've only had Wrestlemania twice. I come from the UK and we've never had wrestlemania, we've never even had a meaningful PPV. There are just as many things they could do in London as they could do in Toronto, and believe me it would sell, when they come over here for the Wrestlemania revenge tours, they sell out in minutes. The crowd would be electric for a PPV over here. Of course, because of the time differences it seems impractical, bu people stay up late to watch Raw and PPVs so they'd stay up for that. All I'm saying is don't complain about only having had two wrestlemanias when loads of places have had none.

· Fear Me!
3,413 Posts

What about Wrestlemania 29 in Vancouver? They've never hosted a Wrestlemania, and I wouldn't mind seeing Wrestlemania 29 take place in Vancouver. Not to mention, it's a 12 hour drive for me from Calgary, so there's a chance I could make it to my first Wrestlemania. :D

Toronto has held two Wrestlemanias, so if they bring a Wrestlemania back to Canada, have it take place in a different city.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What about Wrestlemania 29 in Vancouver? They've never hosted a Wrestlemania, and I wouldn't mind seeing Wrestlemania 29 take place in Vancouver. Not to mention, it's a 12 hour drive for me from Calgary, so there's a chance I could make it to my first Wrestlemania. :D

Toronto has held two Wrestlemanias, so if they bring a Wrestlemania back to Canada, have it take place in a different city.
i have heard vancouver is trying to bid for it. But Look They Just had the olympics...i would even prefer calgary..But For Me Its Either Toronto or Montreal. Montreal would be great

But LOOK 10 years ever since wm 18.. it would have been if they had wm 28
they had icon vs icon at 18 and once again at 28 they would have icon vs icon

· Banned
353 Posts

No he's right. 29=XXIX, not XXVIV. FAIL!

· Registered
5,432 Posts

I have a feeling wrestlemania 29 will be on the west coast.They usually switch between east coast and west coast after a few years and I am expecting LA

Just for your info Wrestlemania 29,30 will be held in one of the following locations as these are the cities which have officially bid to host mania over 28,29 and 30. We all know Miami got 28 and 30 will probably be new york so you can take them off the list

Miami (got wm 28), Los Angeles, New York (probable location for wm 30), Detroit, Toronto, Tampa, Vancouver, New Orleans, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Orlando and Houston

You can probably rule out Orlando and Tampa off the list for WM 29 because WM 28 will be in florida. Not sure WWE will head to the dirty south of new orleans or st louis again for a few more years after Atlanta this year so maybe you can rule that out although I wouldn't put it past wwe holding wrestlemania at the superdome in new orleans.

For me it's between LA (favourites), Vancouver and Toronto

In reality wrestlemania should take place at Wembley stadium in London but I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately as most american fans are selfish and will complain that it's on at an inconvenient time even though it will be on in the afternoon and they don't care UK fans have to stay up till 12 am or 1am here in the UK to watch ppv live.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts

DUMB IDIOT
XXV=25
IX=4
SO SMD Troll

This is hilarious.

Anyway, I agree with Toronto. It will have been 11 Manias in between 18 and 29, so its time to give them the show again. Its a great city, and it will have a huge feel the year before Mania returns to MSG

· Registered
3,391 Posts

UK deserves WrestleMania more than anywhere but since that is unlikely I wouldn't mind one in Canada. In fact if it's not in the UK it could be in Alaska for all I care.

· Registered
962 Posts

In reality wrestlemania should take place at Wembley stadium in London but I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately as most american fans are selfish and will complain that it's on at an inconvenient time even though it will be on in the afternoon and they don't care UK fans have to stay up till 12 am or 1am here in the UK to watch ppv live.
To be honest I wouldnt care if they started it at 12am and had it going to 4am over here, I'm convinced people would go and I sure as hell would be willing to have it at that time, if it meant getting a WM in the UK.

· Registered
67 Posts

Jesus, why do so many UK fans bitch about WWE not holding a pay-per-view event in London? It is an American product, and although foreign markets get more important every year, WWE makes most of their money in North America. US and Canadian fans are still the most important factor when it comes to buyrates. And the LIVE event factor is of huge importance to wrestling fans - Or why do UK fans have to get up in the middle of the night to watch sports entertainment? They could simply catch a replay. Talk about selfishness!

· Registered
182 Posts

I think it should be in the UK

May i suggest here where i live on the isle of wight? would save me a load on travel fees

· Know Your Worth
14,429 Posts

Vancouver deserves a Wrestlemania over Toronto. It has been voted as the best city in the world by many for countless of years, which would make it a tourist attraction with plenty of things to do. Like you said, the last PPV held in Toronto was Unforgiven 2006, but Vancouver hasn't even had a live event since 2003. Not only that, but BC Place is being renovated currently with a new roof and can easily hold 60,000+.

· Banned
4,476 Posts

DUMB IDIOT
XXV=25
IX=4
SO SMD Troll
Canada just lost all credibility.

Reactions: METTY

·      
4,018 Posts

As much as I hate the west coast. BC Place should get it.

The city is no stranger to big events. They just hosted the Olympics in 2010. The BC place isn't going to get you any WrestleMania attendance records but they could get 55,000 people. Not only is Canada starved for WrestleMania to come back, but the west coast will be after it being on the east coast for two years.

· Fear Me!
3,413 Posts

i have heard vancouver is trying to bid for it. But Look They Just had the olympics...i would even prefer calgary..But For Me Its Either Toronto or Montreal. Montreal would be great

But LOOK 10 years ever since wm 18.. it would have been if they had wm 28
they had icon vs icon at 18 and once again at 28 they would have icon vs icon
I'd love if Wrestlemania 29 was in Calgary. Unfortunately, we don't have any big indoor stadiums. Plus, given how crazy our weather can be around Wrestlemania time, I don't think McMahon Stadium would be a suitable place to host it. The only way Wrestlemania comes to Calgary is if they hold it in an arena, the Scotiabank Saddledome, and considering they've been having it at big indoor stadiums, I can't see it happening.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.