Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is not a bad match on the WM XII Card.

The Free for All Match with the BodyDonnas vs The Godwinns for the Tag belts was good
The Opening 6 Man Tag with Camp Cornette vs Ahmed/Jake/Yoko was good
Austin vs Savio was really good
The Hollywood Backlot Brawl with Goldust and Piper was classic
Warrior vs HHH was a good way to get Warrior over and bring in the Marc Mero/Sable duo
Undertaker vs Diesel lived up to expectations
Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels - Iron Man Match was a classic and one of the best ever.

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
I think it's a good show with some high points, but I think where people rank it depends greatly on how they saw the iron man match. I've always seen the iron man match as overrated (but still very good), but I still really liked the Piper/Goldust stuff, Warrior/HHH, and Taker/Diesel. It's definitely not a bad one.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It's funny you posted this OP because I just posted a thread about the Ironman match. Almost no love for that thing man! Very solid card! It's funny how you have one absolute dud (WM 11) in between two pretty great Wrestlemanias! (WMs 10 & 12)

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
I'm gonna have to rewatch it. Don't think I've seen the whole show since 96. Love the Bret / Shawn match though.

I know an hour match put limitations on the card, but gah, I think Bulldog and Owen were wasted here.

It's a shame Razor failed the drug test and one of the Smoking Gunns were injured. Piper - Goldust was good, but Razor missing the show felt a bit empty.

·
The Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations
14,852 Posts
It's pretty average. Nash/Undertaker is surprisingly awesome and match of the night. The rest of the undercard matches are decent but unmemorable. Bret/HBK is one of the most boring matches I have ever witnessed. I've tried so hard to like it too. It's gotta be the most overrated match in WWE history.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It holds a special place for me because it's the one Mania I watched the hell out of as a kid. Not technically the best, but it's a fun show with a lot of memorable moments. Especially the ending to the Iron Man Match.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
As I said in the other thread, Bret vs. HBK should've been a normal match.

Could've improved the undercard with more time added on to the rest of the matches, added more matches (Marc Mero making his WWF in-ring debut against The 123 Kid, that would've been awesome).

Don't get me wrong, it was a good Wrestlemania, just could've been better when it comes to the booking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.