Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over two weeks remain until WrestleMania XXXI takes place at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Coming off the most demanded Royal Rumble on the secondary market, this year’s WrestleMania is on pace to follow suit.

According to TiqIQ, the average secondary market price for WrestleMania tickets is currently $429.37. That would be the most expensive average price for a WrestleMania since TiqIQ began tracking data in 2010. Prior to the March 29 event, the most expensive average came during WrestleMania XXIX at MetLife Stadium with an average price of $396.75.
While WrestleMania is drawing high ticket demand, it is not the only WWE event doing so. The company recently announced that 2015’s SummerSlam will be held at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. It will be the first time in the past six years that WWE’s second biggest event of the year will not be held at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

A general on-sale for SummerSlam tickets starts on Saturday, but the event has already been in high demand. A limited pre-sale was available for fans last Saturday and tickets quickly sold out.

After the pre-sale, tickets started to hit the secondary market at a high price. The current average price for SummerSlam tickets on TiqIQ is $248.08 with a get-in price of $85. That price is 19.8% above the average of last year’s event in Los Angeles. The previous year had an average price below $200 on the secondary market.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessela...s-seeing-record-demand-on-secondary-market/2/

very surprised that mania 31 tickets are going for more on the secondary market than 29 especially given 29 was new york market

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,319 Posts
Yeah, Solomonster was talking about some average seats going for over $300 at Summerslam. They're doing it because it's New York and they can.

·
Registered
713 Posts
This has nothing to do with who they're pushing it's just funny because people think they're going out of business. If anything it validates a certain someone's claim a few years back that the event sells itself and a certain other someone shouldn't get all the credit.
THIS!!

·
Registered
8,320 Posts
Not surprised since Wrestlemania and Summerslam are very high demand events and people are going to buy tickets for regardless on what goes on TV. The Royal Rumble sold out in minutes before the matches were even announced.

·
Registered
795 Posts
This has nothing to do with who they're pushing it's just funny because people think they're going out of business. If anything it validates a certain someone's claim a few years back that the event sells itself and a certain other someone shouldn't get all the credit.
Yet last year was the worst drawing Mania since the last Rocky-less Mania
So yeah.. Draws itself

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Dam I'm getting a little worried now. I need to get 3 tickets tomorrow for summerslam and there's no way I want to pay that much on the secondary market

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yet last year was the worst drawing Mania since the last Rocky-less Mania
So yeah.. Draws itself
last year was the second highest gate in mania history (second only to mania 29). you can't compare a show on ppv only to one on ppv and available for $10 on the network

even with the network in place mania 30 drew more on ppv than mania 19 did which is incredible and 19 had hogan, lesnar, vince, angle, rock and austin wrestling so its not always about starpower.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
The event sells itself. Although, this close, it could be anything.

Maybe some folks just want to see the train wreck main event? Who knows? I had a long time friend of mine in the Miami area for 28 just text me the day of like "I think I'll go to that wrestlemania thing" and he's not even a fan lol.

Maybe some people honestly didn't have money for WM until tax returns got in? I was almost in that boat and I certainly wasn't going to buy the tickets for Roman Reigns lol.

The short of it is, it's almost impossible to accurately measure what about Wrestlemania 31 is drawing. Yet I predict this is going to be a 10 page smark war in a few hours haha.

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
You could tell me how it is selling out the 1st of May stadium......doesn't change the fact the product is still bland as hell.

Even the roster makes a lot of negative comments about what goes on behind the scenes on social media and other public forums, haven't really heard of that kind of stuff happening since the end times of WCW and during TNAs bad times. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
795 Posts
last year was the second highest gate in mania history (second only to mania 29). you can't compare a show on ppv only to one on ppv and available for $10 on the network

even with the network in place mania 30 drew more on ppv than mania 19 did which is incredible and 19 had hogan, lesnar, vince, angle, rock and austin wrestling so its not always about starpower.
You still have international numbers to go by
Plus I'm pretty sure the numbers released for subs gives u the American audience

1 - 20 of 47 Posts