Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
If you are going to go by marketing then Becky/Ronda II is probably the biggest match they can do. The Rock I highly doubt will get back in the ring and Cena/Reigns is a match Vince McMahon's ego will want to do at WM at some point.
women's wrestling
biggest match by marketing standards

Why did they ever have Foley and the Big Show as part of the Wrestlemania main event in 2000? Everyone knew it was Rock vs HHH that was the big deal. Big Show and Foley were first eliminated. Half the match was just Rock vs HHH. They should have just had it be Rock vs HHH.
Meekmen in every corner, pal!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
As others posters like @validreasoning have said previously Ronda Rousey is probably the biggest name they have at the moment unless they get The Rock back (which probably won't happen imo), and if she wasn't a draw then they wouldn't have had 70,000 plus stay in Metlife Stadium to watch her main event a show which had already gone one six and a half hours or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So it wasn't about the wrestlers so much as the McMahons? I hear the fatal 4 way did not get good reviews. But I guess with Vince coming back they had to get him back in the spotlight.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
So it wasn't about the wrestlers so much as the McMahons? I hear the fatal 4 way did not get good reviews. But I guess with Vince coming back they had to get him back in the spotlight.
It got panned for those same reasons. Rock increased his babyface value by supporting Foley after HHH and Steph fired him, as well as for winning the Rumble. HHH beating Foley twice and "retiring" him increased his value as a top heel, in addition to being Steph's then-kayfabe spouse.

Naturally, fans assumed that the most logical direction would be Rock vs HHH (with Steph) main eventing Mania in a singles match for the WWF Championship, since many factors justified their mutual hatred for one another, with HHH retiring Rock's friend in Foley being the most obvious reason. But creative thought that involving Big Show and unretiring Foley into the match itself, as well as saturating the now-convoluted feud with McMahon bullshit, was going to make Mania a must-see PPV.

Boy, how wrong they were.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why didn't they just have Linda McMahon in Jericho's corner and not made it an elimination match? That way it would not boil down to half the match being the Rock vs HHH, the other half being elimination.

Why would Foley unretire for one match? HHH had beat him at the last two Pay Per Views, in addition to pinning him in the 4 vs 4 tag match with DX vs the Rock and Acolytes. So HHH had to pin him again at Wrestlemania to finally retire Foley, only to have Foley come back and finish HHH off with a barbed wire to make the fans happy before the Rock and HHH finished the rest of the Wrestlemania match. Foley coming back and attacking HHH at Wrestlemania was cheating in a way to give the Rock an unfair advantage, which doesn't make sense since the Rock was a face.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well while reading it seems like the arena wrestlemania was supposed to be at next year likely won’t be ready in time. So what if they announce we will get WrestlemaniaMania 37 in Florida!! You could have Title vs Career John Cena in his home state of Massachusetts putting his career on the line against the Fiend for the Universal Title at Summerslam, he loses and officially retires. And then goes into the 2021 hall of fame !!! In addition to this my daughter goes in as the warrior award winner in Florida !!

Then Rock could return at the Rumble win it and challenge his cousin Roman Reigns for the Universal or W.W.E.World title at Wrestlemania ,he wins Roman shakes his hand and they embrace, but then he attacks him turns heel and destroys him, next night he forfeited the title and Reigns gets it, This year Survivor Series is in Florida with Rocks 25’th year anniversary, and Rock goes all in for a rematch Rock puts his career on the line in a rematch . He loses and announces his retirement and in January it’s announced the Rock will be the hall of fame headliner in Hollywood on the 20’th anniversary on Hollywood Rock.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well while reading it seems like the arena wrestlemania was supposed to be at next year likely won’t be ready in time. So what if they announce we will get WrestlemaniaMania 37 in Florida!! You could have Title vs Career John Cena in his home state of Massachusetts putting his career on the line against the Fiend for the Universal Title at Summerslam, he loses and officially retires. And then goes into the 2021 hall of fame !!!
Then Rock could return at the Rumble win it and challenge his cousin Roman Rei

·
Registered
68 Posts
Latest word is it's up in the Air due to Covid-19 the new date to open SoFi is April of 2021 so I think they should have it at Raymond James Stadium for next year due to the fact they missed out

21 - 28 of 28 Posts