Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this thread discuss what Wrestlemania matches should have different winners. The 2 that stick out to me is

HHH vs Booker T at WM 19- Booker T was as hot as he's ever been and deserved his moment. It seemed he used his whole offensive arsenel and gave a great performance then all of a sudden HHH hit one pedigree and just like that it was over

and

HHH vs Randy Orton at WM 25- Orton had great momentum and heat going into this match yet HHH basically squashed him

So what are some WM matches that you feel should have had different outcomes?

·
40,760 Posts
I think Orton being "sqaushed" by HHH was one of the best things to happen to him. He's doing pretty damn good these days after all.

Other than that, I don't really care about the outcomes of matches really. They usually play out how they should.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am going to say the title match at WM 9 most needed to end differently.

Hi, I just returned after being gone a year.. teamed with my buddy and lost to Money Inc but its ok.. now I am the WWF champion. Oh yeah I will be leaving again here soon by the way. Thank you.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
WrestleMania 16's main event not only should have had a different outcome, it should have been a different match.

In reality, Triple H retained the WWF Title in a fatal four way that included The Rock and - for some reason - Mick Foley and Big Show.

It should've been Rock defeating Triple H for the title in an epic one-on-one encounter.

And yes, I know HHH's win set up Vince's heel turn and the birth of the McMahon-Helmsley Era, but Rock won the damn belt a month later anyway.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Hogan over Sid by pinfall - WM 8

Hart over Yokozuna - WM 9

Michaels over Diesel - WM 11

Rock over HHH, Foley, Show - WM 16

Booker over Hemsley - WM 19

Lesnar over Goldberg - WM 20

Angle or Orton over Mysterio - WM 22

Orton over Hemsley - WM 25

- Vic

·
Registered
301 Posts
Booker T over Triple H, WM 19 (WHC)
The Rock over Foley/Big Show/Triple H, WM 2000 (WWF Title)
Shawn Michaels over John Cena, WM 23 (WWE Title)
Anyone else in the match over Jack Swagger, WM 26 (MITB)
The Rock and Sock Connection over Evolution, WM 20
Randy Orton over Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio, WM 22 (WHC)
The Rock over Stone Cold Steve Austin, WM 15 (WWF Title)

The last one is debatable, however.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Randy Savage Over Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania V
Randy Savage Over The Ultimate Warrior Wrestlemania VII
Bret Hart Over Yokozuna WWF Title Wrestlemania IX
Shawn Michaels Over Diesel WWF Title Wrestlemania XI
Chris Jericho Over Christan Wrestlemania XX
Triple H Over John Cena WWE Title Wrestlemania 22
Shawn Michaels Over John Cena WWE Title Wrestlemania 23
Randy Orton Over Triple H WWE Title Wrestlemania 25

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Trips over Jericho w/ Steph, WM18.... pretty much cemented HHH as God and Jericho as a permanent backseater to all the big dogs--in the eyes of the general audience, that is; personally, I'm a huge Jericho mark.

Y2J just won the unified titles by beating Austin and the Rock, only to give it up to Captain Ballhog as soon as fuckin' bignose came back from injury... thus making Jericho a paper champion in many's eyes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 22, either Kurt Angle should have retained or Orton wins the title. Rey winning gave birth to some of the worst episodes of Smackdown regardling the title I had ever seen.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
One that has always bugged me is Jeff Jarrett v. Razor Ramon at WrestleMania XI. Ramon certainly should have won, but even if one insists that Jarrett should have retained the IC title, it should have happened in a different way, rather than the lame blatant DQ by the Roadie.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Hogan over Sid by pinfall - WM 8

Hart over Yokozuna - WM 9

Michaels over Diesel - WM 11

Rock over HHH, Foley, Show - WM 16

Booker over Hemsley - WM 19

Orton over Hemsley - WM 25

- Vic
All of these for sure. I would like to add Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena at Wrestlemania 23. Shawn should have won the match, but I understand why they had Cena retain the belt...but I just find it interesting how they had both Triple H and HBK tap out to the STFU at back to back Wrestlemania's to let Cena retain his WWE Championship. :argh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yokozuna vs Hogan - Wrestlemania 9
Jericho vs Triple H - Wrestlemania 18
Booker T vs HHH - Wrestlemania 19
Orton over REy Rey an Angle - Wrestlemania 22
Orton over HHH - Wrestlemania 25

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Out of them all, I would have loved if HHH went over Cena at Mania 22 for the sole reason that the next night on Raw he could have took a sledgehammer to the Spinner belt and destroyed it. That would have been pretty darn awesome.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
WrestleMania 16's main event not only should have had a different outcome, it should have been a different match.

In reality, Triple H retained the WWF Title in a fatal four way that included The Rock and - for some reason - Mick Foley and Big Show.

It should've been Rock defeating Triple H for the title in an epic one-on-one encounter.

And yes, I know HHH's win set up Vince's heel turn and the birth of the McMahon-Helmsley Era, but Rock won the damn belt a month later anyway.
This. The one-on-one match where Rock beats HHH at Backlash 2000 is a brilliant match and it really shoulda happened at Wrestlemania.

WM19 where HHH beat Booker is the other obvious choice. The ending of the match is ridiculous as it takes HHH eons to actually pin Booker off the Pedigree.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bret Hart over Shawn Michaels - WM 12

Brock Lesnar over Goldberg - WM 20

Bret Hart over Yokozuna - WM 9

1 - 20 of 20 Posts