Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would everyone feel about this? Cena has reportedly requested a big Wrestlemania match and that he is from the Tampa area. He goes after Brock to break the World championship record. Regardless of how you feel about this match, could we all agree that breaking the record is a huge Wrestlemania moment?

Think.... would wwe really main event with Brock vs McIntyre or Brock vs Kevin Owens? At a Wrestlemania? I highly doubt it. I ask this because they usually never close mania with the Smackdown title as it looks like we are probably Getting Reigns vs Bray Wyatt.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Cena seems obvious choice right now. Unlikely they are doing Brock vs Rock or Brock vs McGregor this mania, Rollins and Styles are heels, Reigns is on SD while as you said WWE aren't doing Brock vs McIntyre/Joe/Owens at Mania in main event.

It's Tampa where Cena has lived for years, it's been nearly 6 years since their last one on one match, Cena is going for 17 and most importantly I think is he is star of upcoming Fast and Furious movie which comes out a few weeks after Wrestlemania

Florida four times in 12 years is a tough sell. They are going to need major starpower on this show to shift tickets and network subs in an area of the country where NFL, NBA, MLB struggle to sell tickets

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, i wouldn't mind it at all actually. Would be way better than a Lesnar/Fury program.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I called this a few weeks ago when my friend and I were talking about the Rumble. I almost expect Cena to win and challenge Brock for the title. It’s by far the biggest match they have to put on at the moment.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
It's got a lot of story threads-- they keep replaying how Cena got squashed at SS, how Cena beat Lesnar at ER so this is the rubber match, Cena going through Lesnar to get number 17 and pass Ric Flair, Cena winning in his adopted city.

It's not a match I want to see but WM is supposed to be about big moments and I can't think of any that would be bigger than that.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
No. I never want to see Cena again.
This is exactly how you know how effective Cena was as a FOTC. I honestly do not miss Cena. I do miss the previous FOTC guys like Hogan, Warrior, Bret, etc.

Bottom line is regardless of how much of a spectacle WWE tries to make them; both Reigns and Cena flopped as FOTC.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
This is exactly how you know how effective Cena was as a FOTC. I honestly do not miss Cena. I do miss the previous FOTC guys like Hogan, Warrior, Bret, etc.

Bottom line is regardless of how much of a spectacle WWE tries to make them; both Reigns and Cena flopped as FOTC.
Yup, every time they announce Hogan, Bret, Austin, or Rock will be on a show I instantly want to tune back in. With Cena, I get the fast forward button ready.

If WWE honestly want him to get some respect as a veteran they need to have him never beat Flair's record. He will get booed out of the building. The only worse thing they could have done would be if he were the one who beat the streak. I was worried they were going in that direction years ago but thankfully not.

·
Registered
133 Posts

I won't disagree with anything you have said regarding Reigns although c'mon there have been times where Cena was white hot as FOTC for example his feud with Edge in 2006, you can't deny that both superstars were white hot during that time.

I personally don't miss Hogan, Warrior, or Bret now you know who was a great FOTC? Stone Cold, now he was the man.

Personally I think they should do Punk and Lesnar at Mania and I personally would like to see Lesnar start speaking more , it seems he at times has quite a sense of humor.

Personally I'd do Lesnar and Punk for the WWE title and Wyatt and I may try Aleister Black or Drew Mcintyre for the Universal Title, I think that could be an interesting feud, they desperately need to build new stars.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,138 Posts
It makes sense for it to be him at this point. Especially seeing as he needs one more title win to hit Flair's record and he reportedly requested a big Mania match. I would hate it though. I honestly have no interest in a Brock vs Cena match.

They should have built Black or Joe as main event stars. Now we have to settle for fuckin Cena or Cain Velasquez. I may skip Mania this year if Cena is the plan alongside fuckin Roman vs Bray. Nobody wants to see that shit. And if Rousey is not back to face Becky, then there REALLY is no reason for me to watch.

This company is always scrambling to put together the biggest match possible and calling part timers but if they would actually put some effort into creating stars then it wouldn't be an issue. Fuckin John Cena smh....unbelievable. But yes it is a big moment and could be a big storyline so I guess they gotta do what they gotta do.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I won't disagree with anything you have said regarding Reigns although c'mon there have been times where Cena was white hot as FOTC for example his feud with Edge in 2006, you can't deny that both superstars were white hot during that time.

I personally don't miss Hogan, Warrior, or Bret now you know who was a great FOTC? Stone Cold, now he was the man.

Personally I think they should do Punk and Lesnar at Mania and I personally would like to see Lesnar start speaking more , it seems he at times has quite a sense of humor.

Personally I'd do Lesnar and Punk for the WWE title and Wyatt and I may try Aleister Black or Drew Mcintyre for the Universal Title, I think that could be an interesting feud, they desperately need to build new stars.
Everyone wanted to see Cena get beat back then. He was hot in that respect. I just wanted him off my screen. I could never take anything he did or said seriously.

·
Registered
12 Posts

You might not of liked him as many others. But he sold tickets and he sold merch for years! Reigns is nowhere near any of them but Cena was anything but a flop. He just got want loved by internet fans

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It’s still a big match and there is a story there for sure, it makes sense from that perspective.

Do I want to see it?? Absolutely not, Lesnar needs to lose the title and stay out of the title picture for a long time. There are multiple people who could use the win and my vote is Joe all the way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now I may get some flack for this, although why not do Cena and Orton again?

Seriously why not, now a lot of people like to speak poorly of their feuds in the past and you know I actually though most of their feuds were actually pretty good.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts