Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestlemania Looking Better

755 6
At first, this Wrestlemania was not looking all that great. It looked like it was going to have some lackluster matches and just be kinda, whatever.

Now, however, while I still dont think this will be an amazing Wrestlemania, it definately is starting to look more promising.

The Miz vs. John Cena

While I hate John Cena being in yet another World Title match at WM (His 8th straight world title match) he does at least put on a decent show at WM. His matches with HHH, HBK, JBL and Batista were all good matches, IMO.

Then there is The Miz. I know everyone hates him on here, but I dont think he is a complete joke. I blame the booking more than anything. He seemed to have some good moves in his tag team match last night and while the match (matches) were GREAT, they were still fun to watch. His promo last night was also pretty good as well ("Let me look at my tears in my CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD!", I thought that was funny).

Then if you take into account their past rivalry, it makes it more exciting. Miz had called Cena out and came up short. It was probably one of his best feuds to date and reigniting the feud is a great WM story. Miz has more to prove than ever this time. This title match is more personal.

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio (Possibly vs. somebody else)
If it is just Edge vs. ADR, it will be a mediocre match at best. ADR's Rumble win is seen by some as too soon, and I would probably have to agree. While I think he is good in the ring and on the mic, he was/is still establishing his status in WWE. But, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the grandest stage of 'em all. And I'm excited to see someone new win the Rumble and be in a world title match at mania.

Then add in the factor that you have on going feuds with Dolph Ziggler (with Edge) and then the returning Christian. Whether Christian returned perminantly or not still remains to be seen. But I see either Christian or Dolph being added to make the match a triple threat. Either superstar being added would be great for 2 reasons. It gives another fresh face (Christian isnt new but he has never main evented mania either) a chance to be in a world title match at mania and it will add another wrestler to carry Edge (who, lets face it, isnt at his peak anymore).

Another match that has potential to turn out great.

Undertaker vs. HHH

Both of these men had, what I consider, one of the best matches at Wrestlemania 17, and looking back on Undertakers "streak" matches, this is probably in the top 5 for many. Undertaker is old and beaten but the past couple of years have shown that he can still go at Wrestlemania.

With the rumor that HBK will return to serve as special guest ref., that makes for one exciting match. I think we all know that Undertaker will retain, but I expect to see a great story told in the ring on this one. Plus, I love how they sold the match on Raw without saying one word. This should be a great feud.

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole

I know almost everyone is not looking forward to this at all. As a wrestling match, nobody should be. It isnt meant to be a big draw or a great match or anything like that. Its just for the pure entertainment of it. Michael Cole is hated by almost everyone and Jerry Lawler, especially after the personal comments made by Cole on Raw, is going to kick his ass. Should be a fun segment to watch, IMO.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

This feud has been building nicely for awhile. Orton usually bores me, but I see this feud being intense and I see both men putting on at least a good match at Mania. So far, Punk's only one on one match at Mania didnt eve last 10 minutes, so hopefully they give this match the time it needs. Again, the intensity of this feud is going to make or break the match, but it looks promising.

other possible/probable matches...

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus for the US Title

There was a teaser for a feud on Raw this week and I for one would be excited to see both of these superstars in a feud for the title. Sheamus seems to be where he should be for awhile, mid-card. His fast push was too much for most people and I think spending a little bit of time at the midcard/upper midcard would do him some good in the long run. Daniel Bryan has had basically nothing to do for awhile, so seeing him in a feud period would be awesome.

Plus, when was the last time the US Title was defended at Wrestlemania? I think it was WM23 when it was Chris Benoit vs. MVP. So seeing this midcard title defended will be great, especially since it will be a match with two very capable superstars.

Money in the Bank

For some reason, I see them going back to a smaller number of guys for this match. Last years 10 man MITB seemed too much and I think WWE was criticized for it. It was jsut a mess. I can see them going back to 6, maybe 8 guys total for the match. Plus, most of the possible wrestlers in the match (John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler (if not inserted in main event), Christian (Same as Ziggler), Wade Barret, Jack Swagger, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhode, etc.) are mostly the ones that can be seen as a legitimate favorite to win the match.

Vacant Intercontinental Championship Match

It looked as if ADR took Kofi Kingston out of action last night. I see a vacant title match being booked at Mania. If it is, either big Zeke or Wade Barret will most likely be in the match (lets hope for Wade). May not be a show stealing match, but again, to see a mid card title defended at Mania (in a match that hopefully isnt 20 seconds long (looking at you Rey)) would be a treat.

Tag Team Championship match

I like Slater and Gabriel as a team. I think they work well together and I think being solo, neither of them would be doing anything. I dont know who they could feud iwth other than Santino and Kozlov, but I think they could probably put on a decent tag team match to fill out the undercard.

Divas match

nothing new here really.

So again, while this isnt going to be the best wrestlemania ever, it certainly doesnt look like the worst and it is starting to look very promising.

What do you guys think?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· #EMMAtained
5,963 Posts
Its not looking too great to me. Im sure it'll be better than most PPV's just because it is Mania and they are gonna hype it to no end, but honestly the card isn't a 'Wrestlemania' esque card yet. Sure they've got the Rock coming in for it, but he's a guest host. They don't have that definitive Mania match like they have every year. I guess they are gonna build Taker/HHH into that match, but that doesn't even interest me because I believe Triple H has zero chance of breaking the streak. I think they are gonna have Trish Stratus work the show teaming with Kelly Kelly vs Laycool, so that will be something to look forward to for people who love Trish or for doubters of the diva division, that match could actually showcase the division in a positive light.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
At first, this Wrestlemania was not looking all that great. It looked like it was going to have some lackluster matches and just be kinda, whatever.

Now, however, while I still dont think this will be an amazing Wrestlemania, it definately is starting to look more promising.

The Miz vs. John Cena

While I hate John Cena being in yet another World Title match at WM (His 8th straight world title match) he does at least put on a decent show at WM. His matches with HHH, HBK, JBL and Batista were all good matches, IMO.

Then there is The Miz. I know everyone hates him on here, but I dont think he is a complete joke. I blame the booking more than anything. He seemed to have some good moves in his tag team match last night and while the match (matches) were GREAT, they were still fun to watch. His promo last night was also pretty good as well ("Let me look at my tears in my CHAMPIONSHIP GOLD!", I thought that was funny).

Then if you take into account their past rivalry, it makes it more exciting. Miz had called Cena out and came up short. It was probably one of his best feuds to date and reigniting the feud is a great WM story. Miz has more to prove than ever this time. This title match is more personal.

If it is just Edge vs. ADR, it will be a mediocre match at best. ADR's Rumble win is seen by some as too soon, and I would probably have to agree. While I think he is good in the ring and on the mic, he was/is still establishing his status in WWE. But, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the grandest stage of 'em all. And I'm excited to see someone new win the Rumble and be in a world title match at mania.

Then add in the factor that you have on going feuds with Dolph Ziggler (with Edge) and then the returning Christian. Whether Christian returned perminantly or not still remains to be seen. But I see either Christian or Dolph being added to make the match a triple threat. Either superstar being added would be great for 2 reasons. It gives another fresh face (Christian isnt new but he has never main evented mania either) a chance to be in a world title match at mania and it will add another wrestler to carry Edge (who, lets face it, isnt at his peak anymore).

Undertaker vs. HHH

Both of these men had, what I consider, one of the best matches at Wrestlemania 17, and looking back on Undertakers "streak" matches, this is probably in the top 5 for many. Undertaker is old and beaten but the past couple of years have shown that he can still go at Wrestlemania.

With the rumor that HBK will return to serve as special guest ref., that makes for one exciting match. I think we all know that Undertaker will retain, but I expect to see a great story told in the ring on this one. Plus, I love how they sold the match on Raw without saying one word. This should be a great feud.

I know almost everyone is not looking forward to this at all. As a wrestling match, nobody should be. It isnt meant to be a big draw or a great match or anything like that. Its just for the pure entertainment of it. Michael Cole is hated by almost everyone and Jerry Lawler, especially after the personal comments made by Cole on Raw, is going to kick his ass. Should be a fun segment to watch, IMO.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

This feud has been building nicely for awhile. Orton usually bores me, but I see this feud being intense and I see both men putting on at least a good match at Mania. So far, Punk's only one on one match at Mania didnt eve last 10 minutes, so hopefully they give this match the time it needs. Again, the intensity of this feud is going to make or break the match, but it looks promising.

There was a teaser for a feud on Raw this week and I for one would be excited to see both of these superstars in a feud for the title. Sheamus seems to be where he should be for awhile, mid-card. His fast push was too much for most people and I think spending a little bit of time at the midcard/upper midcard would do him some good in the long run. Daniel Bryan has had basically nothing to do for awhile, so seeing him in a feud period would be awesome.

Plus, when was the last time the US Title was defended at Wrestlemania? I think it was WM23 when it was Chris Benoit vs. MVP. So seeing this midcard title defended will be great, especially since it will be a match with two very capable superstars.

Money in the Bank

For some reason, I see them going back to a smaller number of guys for this match. Last years 10 man MITB seemed too much and I think WWE was criticized for it. It was jsut a mess. I can see them going back to 6, maybe 8 guys total for the match. Plus, most of the possible wrestlers in the match (John Morrison, Dolph Ziggler (if not inserted in main event), Christian (Same as Ziggler), Wade Barret, Jack Swagger, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhode, etc.) are mostly the ones that can be seen as a legitimate favorite to win the match.

It looked as if ADR took Kofi Kingston out of action last night. I see a vacant title match being booked at Mania. If it is, either big Zeke or Wade Barret will most likely be in the match (lets hope for Wade). May not be a show stealing match, but again, to see a mid card title defended at Mania (in a match that hopefully isnt 20 seconds long (looking at you Rey)) would be a treat.

I like Slater and Gabriel as a team. I think they work well together and I think being solo, neither of them would be doing anything. I dont know who they could feud iwth other than Santino and Kozlov, but I think they could probably put on a decent tag team match to fill out the undercard.

Divas match

nothing new here really.

So again, while this isnt going to be the best wrestlemania ever, it certainly doesnt look like the worst and it is starting to look very promising.

not very hard considering most of them were s**t

BUT manias 14/17/19/22/24 have shown that wwe can perform up to standard

OH SURE throw Shawn in of course, make it even more of a shrine to better days gone by

Looking forward to HHH VS Undertaker, Orton VS Punk and the Money In The Bank. I couldn't honestly care less about the King VS Cole.
no offe dude but im still vying for Triple h vs Rey as well as this

MITB, do we really need this with a whole ppv behind the concept

Wow, Cole really is becoming another Coach, AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,511 Posts
It is looking better than it was a few weeks ago, but it's still pretty lacklustre for a WrestleMania. The Rock will bring in a few extra buys, but it says something when the biggest match on the card, yet again, is between two ageing superstars who don't have long left. Makes you wonder what will happen when guys like Taker, HHH and Edge aren't around anymore.

· Banned
2,272 Posts
Miz v Cena could be godd as we all know the great one will be involved somehow.

Don't have much hope for HHH v Taker unless they really put their working boots on.

Punk v Orton could be match of the night if given the opportunity, however because they'll probably flesh out the awful Cole vs Lawler thing and have Beiber involved in the show it will only get ten minutes.

ADR v Edge v Christian could be cool if Christian goes over.

· Registered
5,034 Posts

The Miz vs. John Cena

Undertaker vs. HHH

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Money in the Bank

Divas match

nothing new here really.

What do you guys think?
I totally agree with everything you just said.

Plus, we still a long way to get there. It will get even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.