Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked the set up of WM 19 at Safeco Field in Seattle. It got me to thinking of which other Major League Baseball Stadiums could conceivably host a Wrestlemania.

Petco Park, San Diego

Good weather, seats 42,691 for baseball which could likely be converted to something around 55,000 - 60,000 for WM.

Miller Park, Milwaukee

Features a retractable roof that can be opened and closed in 10 minutes so weather is not a factor, seats 41,900 for baseball which could also likely be converted to something around 55,000 - 60,000 for WM.

Chase Field, Phoenix

Also features a retractable roof and seats 48,633 for baseball, which again, could likely be converted to something around 60,000 for WM.

Thoughts? Has WM gotten too big for a venue that only offers 60,000 seats? Any other parks you think would make a good WM host site?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
WM shouldn't/wont go to Phoenix anytime soon again(hopefully) since they got WM26.

Not Milwaukee! Wisconsin crowds suck!

I heard about this place called Rogers Centre(home of the Jays), it'd be great for Wrestlemania.....(yes,I know already Skydome WM6/18)

WM in Boston at Fenway(and keep the green monster too) would be great

AT&T park would be another great place for WM(especially for those birds eye view shots of WM)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
WM shouldn't/wont go to Phoenix anytime soon again(hopefully) since they got WM26.

Not Milwaukee! Wisconsin crowds suck!

I heard about this place called Rogers Centre(home of the Jays), it'd be great for Wrestlemania.....(yes,I know already Skydome WM6/18)

WM in Boston at Fenway(and keep the green monster too) would be great

AT&T park would be another great place for WM(especially for those birds eye view shots of WM)
LOL, no offense, but it doesn't really matter where they hold it in terms of the crowd. The majority of fans there are from outside of the area and are predominantly smart marks who will supply a strong crowd for the show and Raw the next night. Miami was never known as some kind of truly great wrestling city for a crowd, and look at the crowd at Wrestlemania and at Raw the following night. Furthermore, to what degree it does matter, I believe that as Michael Cole said this week, one of WWE's great cities, Chicago is not too far from Milwaukee. Most diehard WWE/wrestling fans from Chicago would probably make the short trip up to Milwaukee for Wrestlemania, tilting it even further to a potentially fantastic crowd.

Boston is too questionable with the weather, Fenway is arguably not big enough and with WWE going to New York/New Jersey next year, they'll feel like they've covered the American northeast for a good while.

But AT&T Park? Yes! Yes! Yes! :)

Although I think that unless it is either Miller Park in Milwaukee or perhaps the SkyDome one day in Toronto, it'll be football stadiums rather than baseball stadiums for Wrestlemania. They're bigger stadiums and are logistically easier for Wrestlemania, by and large. If WWE were to go to, say, San Diego, in the future, they'd probably go to Qualcomm Stadium for Wrestlemania itself--it holds 70,561 for football, which could very well translate to 75,000-80,000 for a Wrestlemania. Which is a considerably bigger crowd than PETCO Park would hold.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^Skydome/Rogers centre is a football stadium too(convertible stadium,which makes having WM there even easier setup wise). Attendance at WM18 was around 67,000 wasn't it? They've added more seats since then,and their tron is one of the best of all baseball/football stadiums.

·
Registered
226 Posts
AT&T Park in San Francisco would be a great venue, I just don't know about the weather predictions around that time. You never know in SF, especially right on the Bay.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
^Skydome/Rogers centre is a football stadium too(convertible stadium,which makes having WM there even easier setup wise). Attendance at WM18 was around 67,000 wasn't it? They've added more seats since then,and their tron is one of the best of all baseball/football stadiums.
Yes, you're right.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Where did Skydome add more seats? I can't recall hearing that, and I have no idea where more seats could of possibly been added.

The nice thing about some ball diamonds is that the ones with no seats in center field, the stage could be build out there with the walkway leading from centerfield to second base and you could have a big stage without blocking out to many seats. Not like Miami where they had to block out 10,000 seats because of the set.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
nvm, didn't add more seats, but more people can attend(the suites can hold 150 people each)

Pan Am games are in 2015. WM 30 or 31 HAS to be there, so WWE can brag about WM being the biggest event there of the year(unless the Jays win the world series that year....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts