Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know, last year because 30 wasnt enough they made it a 40 man Royal Rumble, something i fully expect next year too. But where do all these superstars fit into a match at Mania? And i am not talking about the battle royal that they will inevitably do

Rumoured matches

Rock vs Cena
Punk vs Miz
Henry vs Sheamus
Sin Cara v Rey

So assume there is going to be another 4 to 5 matches, and one of them will be the now regular publicity stunt. Still missing from that list is

Undertaker, possibly Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Christian, Kofi, Barrett, Kane, Big Show, Del Rio, Rhodes, Bryan, R-Truth, Morrison and Ziggler to name more than a few. Now the sensible thing, and smart thing, would be to put a MITB match in. This year i think it was very much missing this match but with a whole PPV dedicated to it i can see them not doing it. So what do they do?

Taker vs Barrett? Orton vs Jericho? What then for the others. Potentially the card could be absolutely epic, but the way the above are being used regularly now, how will they squeeze them in. Maybe do a ladder match but instead of briefcase put either/both US and IC belts on the line?

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
With Rock/Cena on the card, this is the year they can afford to play around with the undercard and title matches. Wrestlemania 28 is going to sell no matter what next year. It can sure as hell sell more if they stack the shit out of it but Rock/Cena is going to sell. I hope they use the opportunity they have to take a chance on some of the guys they would normally be too afraid to take a chance on incase they didn't get any buys. Having said that though, I don't mean they can just fuck anybody in there. If they continue with the slow builds of Ziggler, Cody and Seamus then come next year I don't think it would be too hard for anybody to process them being in a title match. It may not exactly scream Wrestlemania but everybody has to start somewhere. The worst thing they could do is rely on the old guard once again with the exception being if they are there to put the new guys over. HHH vs. Punk with HHH going over would be completely stupid. HHH vs. Punk with Punk going over = instant legit star. Same for any other combo they can come up with.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but even if they do, they still have to have to fit Taker and Orton into the card, arguably their 2 biggest stars. The Taker match HAS to be a big deal, the streak is too big now for him to have a mediocre opponent. Theres 4 main events there, even if they push some other stars where do they fit them in?

·
Registered
977 Posts
They'll put Henry vs Taker (possibly with Kane involved too)
Orton vs Rhodes.
Miz will face HHH (yeah, this storyline will run til then imo)
Punk will end up facing one of Austin or Jericho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts