Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestlemania could be the best ever?

5321 Views 55 Replies 45 Participants Last post by  Funaki7
The Rock is cofirmed involved and has started a rivalry and promised some action. This itself is awesome.

Undertaker returns at Elimination Chamber, although I don't know his role. No doubt the legend defends his streak at Wrestlemania.

Stone Cold is working on Tough Enough and with the WWE. They could perhaps persuade him to have some sort of role at Wrestlemania, or maybe the event persuades him itself. We were all dissappointed with no stunners when he was guest host, perhaps that would change now.

Triple H is almost guarenteed. He origionally wanted to return before, but I see no place for him at E.C. His movie is done and out so no doubt he will return at WM or before.

Mick Foley is rumored to be leaving TNA, and has had one TV role in 4 months. His good friend Rock is back, and he remains on brilliant terms with WWE, as seen when they promoted his most recient book. I'm sure he could be hevaily tempted to join aswell, and what better place than WM? Long shot though.

With 3 definite massive legenary returns, one which has a good chance and another long shot, this wrestlemania could easily be the best ever, and I mean the shit inbetween Alberto Vs Ray Mysterio and Miz Vs John Morrison, which I'm pretty positive will be the match ups.

Thoughts?
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· "Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,934 Posts
48 hours ago, wrestlemania looked like it was going to be complete shit...now the rock makes it better, but he wont make it the greatest ever. and...no, now if it wasnt a given before, the stinger is now going to the wwe. that would take away from the rock etc...we know 2.21.11 is taker...and apparently he's coming to raw...so who is he after?
This. Listen, I'm as excited about Rock coming back as anyone else, but let's not get carried away.

· Banned
2,677 Posts
It's probably going to be crap. The Rock is only hosting. He can only do so much. You'll likely get a few entertaining segments with him and one big "Wrestlemania" moment.

There's still 3 other hours to worry about which has the rest of the talent performing. Rock's hosting doesn't change the lacklustre main events and the horrible potential the rest of the card has. It's far from having the potential of being the best ever.

If anything, The Rock should have hosted last year, Bret and Vince should have been part of the Cena/Batista match (in their corners) and that show along with The Rock could have given you one of the best Wrestlemanias ever. It would have been packed with historic stuff and moments. Only issue is that Shawn probably wouldn't like getting overshadowed by The Rock, since he can still be childish at times.

· Banned
18,124 Posts

· Banned
266 Posts

· WCW Fan
269 Posts
i think when you have the Rock at wrstlemania its gonna be worth watching but he came out the other week and said he wouldnt wrestle again so either he was lying or the most we are gonna see is a rock bottom or a peoples elbow.

Takers mtch against whoever WWE decides to put with him wont be able to live up to his last two mania matches with HBK. i dont wnna see him face barrett because that will suck in my opinion. i know Sting is old and so is Taker and it wont be a 5 star match and it wont last that long but i think it would be epic to see Sting and The Undertaker staring down each other on the grandest stage of them all more than 20 years on from the last time they were in the ring together. Its like Hogan vs Rock its a dream match and Wrestlemania always provides that moment that you will always remember and i want it to b that. If they put him up against HHH with HBK as the ref ye it might be a gd match and itl create a wrestlemanaia moment but i just dont wnna see it.

the rest of the matches do lack star power but thats because wwe is in a transistional phase and are trying to make stars so this mania culd be when we see new stars born.

· Registered
2,476 Posts
well not the best card certainly.
the only matches I give a damn about are HHH/Undertaker and (if) Cena/Rock.
Alot of hype thats for sure.

· Registered
103 Posts
Wrestlemania 17 is the best Wrestlemania ever. There will NEVER be a WM better. WM 21 came close for me simply because of the Angle/HBK match that wound up being my favorite match of all time. But this one won't be half as good as 17. Just be happy there's still Wrestlemanias to even watch.

· Registered
317 Posts
I think this is shaping up to be an excellent WM given the roster. Sure, there's no Batista, Brock Lesnar or whoever else was around from the end of the attitude era that no longer works in the business and neither is Sting likely to sign. But a 'Taker return, a HHH return, a match refereed by HBK, a possible cameo appearance from SCSA and to top it the fact that that the event will be hosted by The Rock means something.

And if they are able to pull this off while still giving the limelight to younger talent like Barrett, Del Rio, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler and Bryan as well as currently over faces and heels like Cena, Orton, Edge and Punk then everyone wins.

Well done WWE.

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Match wise, this Wrestlemania wont be that good probably. Why do you think Vince brought Rock in? To draw people. He knows nothing is going to draw like last years Taker/Michaels and Cena?Batista would. You have a lot of new guys going after titles and what not this year so they needed somebody with HUGE star power to kick this Wrestlemania up several notches. So, they brought in The Rock. Smart move Vince.

· Registered
10,207 Posts
I haven't looked forward to a Wresltemania like this in a long time, hopefully WWE can pull through and deliver Rock vs Cena, any other match wouldn't even matter, and there is still a possibility of Sting vs Taker, oh man if WWE has ever needed to deliver big time this is it.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Mick Foley is rumored to be leaving TNA, and has had one TV role in 4 months. His good friend Rock is back, and he remains on brilliant terms with WWE, as seen when they promoted his most recient book. I'm sure he could be hevaily tempted to join aswell, and what better place than WM? Long shot though.
who wouldnt after all the countless referacnes to WWE throught his whole time, would he be though it were the other way, we all know how petty Vince is when it comes to alligancies

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Star studded since last year, yes, best WM ever, heck no!!

1. half those guys you listed wont actually wrestle at Mania guranteed
2. Even if they did they are nowhere near in the shape for it

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.