Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Seattle has never been known to show any interest. It's not an ideal host until the market routinely sells out the smaller events WWE already hosts there, and there's a closed-roof stadium with significantly more max capacity than T-Mobile Park. The weather is too unpredictable for the Clink, although D-Bry main-eventing a "hometown" WrestleMania inside that noise factory would be something special.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Still waiting for the day they bring it to Philadelphia and go ahead and induct Paul Heyman, Taz, Dreamer, etc. Its a faraway dream and not nearly possible but hey wouldn't that be a hell of a fantasy scenario for OG ECW fans?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I get the many reasons why they are hesitant to do Minneapolis, but it would make it very easy for me to go to Mania if they would just do it in Minneapolis.
I woud Agree to Minny or Toronto It hasn't been to Toronto in 18 Years !!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now personally I could care less where they hold the 2021 Mania and I know they like the warmer cities in the southern region of the country, although the Midwest hasn't held a Mania in over a decade.

I think Minneapolis or Indianapolis would be ideal destinations.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Definitely had been expecting it to be Los Angeles.

I also think this also all but confirms The Rock will be headlining next year's Hall of Fame class.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Damn, heard it was gonna be in LA from a friend that went to Raw tonight but I was hoping it'd be @ Staples.

Thinking about going to this, since I've never been to a WM even tho' I don't watch anymore...anyone been to Wrestlemania before, Is it worth it? How much should I expect tix prices to be for decent seats...

How are Stadiums for wrestling shows vs regular arenas...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been hoping it would be LA. It will be great to only have to take one plane trip to get there this time. Albeit a 15 hour one. Now I can start planning.

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
Damn, heard it was gonna be in LA from a friend that went to Raw tonight but I was hoping it'd be @ Staples.

Thinking about going to this, since I've never been to a WM even tho' I don't watch anymore...anyone been to Wrestlemania before, Is it worth it? How much should I expect tix prices to be for decent seats...

How are Stadiums for wrestling shows vs regular arenas...
I personally love stadium shows. The crowd size is awe inspiring and makes the NBA sized arenas feel rinky dink in comparison.

This should be a closed roof show and they differ quite a bit from open stadium shows.

There was never any chance Staples hosting mania given the success of the stadium shows over the past 13 years

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Love the logo for WrestleMania Hollywood. I think this is going to have awesome promotion. The Rock headlining the Hall of Fame would make sense.

The next Manias after that are likely to be Phoenix and New Orleans again, folks. Then it will be WrestleMania XL, which I could see as being in either Texas (going for a record crowd), New York, back in Florida (since that seems to be a base for them), or wherever the SuperBowl is announced for.

I've always felt that Detroit is a good Mania town. I know they like to go to places where it is warmer, but WrestleMania III and WrestleMania 23 are both pretty epic feeling Manias. Of the "wild suggestions," I'd throw Detroit out there as a location, although maybe that would be better for SummerSlam if they ever decide to stock that up and take it to stadiums.

But my real guess for XL is probably Orlando, given that it will have been seven years since Orlando hosted and four years since another Florida Mania. It'll be either XL or 41 in Florida.

·
Registered
11,344 Posts
It's pretty obvious that the WWE is trying to build some serious headway in the United Kingdom, and in 2022 I don't think it would be all that radical if London, Glasgow, or even Dublin hosted Wrestlemania.

I would think London as it is the largest although like I said I think a 2022 Wrestlemania somewhere in the United Kingdom would be a great move and I could very well realstically see it happening.
Not a chance at this stage.

I was hoping for Summerslam in London but Mania outside North America is not happening.

Dublin or Glasgow in March or April hosting outdoor show has potential to be disaster. I have been to concerts in June and July in Dublin with biblical levels of rain. Climate the way it is now we get storms every second weekend it seems in Ireland between October and May.
The next Manias after that are likely to be Phoenix and New Orleans again, folks. Then it will be WrestleMania XL, which I could see as being in either Texas (going for a record crowd), New York, back in Florida (since that seems to be a base for them), or wherever the SuperBowl is announced for.
Predicting Atlanta for 38 in 2022 because they haven't played that stadium yet.

Vegas for 39 in 2023 because it's new stadium and it would be 30 years since last mania in Vegas

Dallas again for 40 because 32 was huge success and they might want biggest possible venue and attempt to break attendance and gate record on the 40th show.

Phoenix just had a big stadium show last year's Rumble, New Orleans has been done twice since 2014 so they won't want to burn market out and only reason Wrestlemania ran there in 2018 was because city included them in centenary celebration advertising. Orlando is unlikely for a while given they had show in 17, Tampa is next door so again don't want to burn out that market.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts