Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Obviously LA and likely Vegas are going to be in the future running. New Orleans, Orlando/Miami, SF, Dallas are also likely as well. Dont be surprised if we see some surprised locations though. The NFL draft in Nashville I think opened some peoples eyes. 600,000 fans in 3 days in a city with a football team that hasnt been good in 20yrs. Kinda raises eyebrows.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Observer:

WWE sent out a marketing study regarding future WrestleManias. They were asking people who have traveled to WrestleMania in the past who are in their data base what cities they were most interested in going to, as well as how much money they estimate they spend in merchandise, transportation and tickets. The cities they listed as under consideration for future WrestleManias were London (notable that the city is under consideration), Chicago, Jacksonville, Las Vegas (those three cities listed in a row are interesting, if it was just Chicago and Las Vegas you wouldn’t think twice but a number of people who got the survey immediately saw Jacksonville lumped in and saw the unique coincidence), Santa Clara, Houston, Dallas, Philadelphia, Toronto, Miami, Orlando and Tampa. Tampa on the list is weird because they are going there next year and one would think you wouldn’t be thinking about going back for many years to come. One can also note cities like New Orleans and in particular, Minneapolis and Los Angeles, were not on the list. Los Angeles is expected to get a WrestleMania within the next few years with the building of the new stadium. It’s already public that they want the 2021 WrestleMania (and the city may not be on the list they sent out because it’s already decided). The last word we had heard, which is months old, that the new 70,240-seat Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park would either host in 2021 or 2022. The city wants it in 2021 because they are hosting the 2022 Super Bowl, and feel that WrestleMania, bringing a ton of tourists in, will be the best situation for them to learn issues and get all the kinks about before hosting the Super Bowl. WWE wants it in 2022, right after the Super Bowl, so they can announce an attendance number that beats the Super Bowl number

·
Registered
16 Posts
Observer:

WWE sent out a marketing study regarding future WrestleManias. They were asking people who have traveled to WrestleMania in the past who are in their data base what cities they were most interested in going to, as well as how much money they estimate they spend in merchandise, transportation and tickets. The cities they listed as under consideration for future WrestleManias were London (notable that the city is under consideration), Chicago, Jacksonville, Las Vegas (those three cities listed in a row are interesting, if it was just Chicago and Las Vegas you wouldn’t think twice but a number of people who got the survey immediately saw Jacksonville lumped in and saw the unique coincidence), Santa Clara, Houston, Dallas, Philadelphia, Toronto, Miami, Orlando and Tampa. Tampa on the list is weird because they are going there next year and one would think you wouldn’t be thinking about going back for many years to come. One can also note cities like New Orleans and in particular, Minneapolis and Los Angeles, were not on the list. Los Angeles is expected to get a WrestleMania within the next few years with the building of the new stadium. It’s already public that they want the 2021 WrestleMania (and the city may not be on the list they sent out because it’s already decided). The last word we had heard, which is months old, that the new 70,240-seat Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park would either host in 2021 or 2022. The city wants it in 2021 because they are hosting the 2022 Super Bowl, and feel that WrestleMania, bringing a ton of tourists in, will be the best situation for them to learn issues and get all the kinks about before hosting the Super Bowl. WWE wants it in 2022, right after the Super Bowl, so they can announce an attendance number that beats the Super Bowl number
I think it is clear that Tampa cannot host Wrestlemania 37, since it will already host the 36. Furthermore, as much as WWE may love Florida, you don't even think to go back there in 2021 (therefore, I would almost totally exclude Miami and Jacksonville). Texas, I don't know, I think they come back to Dallas for Wrestlemania 40. The only possible options, in my opinion, remain Los Angeles with the new stadium, Atlanta and Santa Clara. Seattle, Indianapolis, Las Vegas and Phoenix are interesting options, but will host some editions from 2022 onwards. Ashamed as Minneapolis has not yet gotten a chance ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My hope is that Summerslam weekend in Toronto is a huge success and puts the top brass on notice that Canada deserves a Mania return.
Toronto is certainly a perfect city to host Wrestlemania. The main problem is that the Rogers Center (formerly Skydome) currently the largest stadium in the city, is too small for an event like Wrestlemania. About 54,000 people were fine in 2002, but certainly not in 2021.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
My hope is that Summerslam weekend in Toronto is a huge success and puts the top brass on notice that Canada deserves a Mania return.
I read some time ago about a deal with Canada having an event every 3 years leading to a WM.

Survivor Series 2016
SummerSlam 2019
Royal Rumble 2022 ???
WrestleMania 41 (2025) ???

Not sure if it's true, but makes sense.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,393 Posts
Toronto is certainly a perfect city to host Wrestlemania. The main problem is that the Rogers Center (formerly Skydome) currently the largest stadium in the city, is too small for an event like Wrestlemania. About 54,000 people were fine in 2002, but certainly not in 2021.
Pretty sure the Mania 18 attendance was 68,000+. And I'm sure it can be further expanded depending on the size of WWE's staging.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pretty sure the Mania 18 attendance was 68,000+. And I'm sure it can be further expanded depending on the size of WWE's staging.
You are right, but at this point I would opt for other stages of similar capacity. The Minneapolis US Bank stadium is perfect, and has a capacity of around 66,000, and is easily expandable to 71,000. I continue to hope for new areas for Wrestlemania 37. Nashville would be another unique option, like even Indianapolis or Boston. Miami and Jacksonville inspire me, but I don't think WWE comes back to Florida again. I always go to Atlanta, although I hope they don't offer a Falcons-inspired logo. At least not the colors. (i hate red and black xD)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I was thinking about something related to the location of Wrestlemania 37. I think the city of Nashville is gaining a certain notoriety from the WWE, even organizing a dedicated house show. WWE Smackville was a success in terms of sales and, considering that the Nissan Stadium is a sufficiently large stadium for large events, in my opinion it would be a location not to be underestimated. Obviously it's just my theory, what do you think?

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
Hey guys, I was thinking about something related to the location of Wrestlemania 37. I think the city of Nashville is gaining a certain notoriety from the WWE, even organizing a dedicated house show. WWE Smackville was a success in terms of sales and, considering that the Nissan Stadium is a sufficiently large stadium for large events, in my opinion it would be a location not to be underestimated. Obviously it's just my theory, what do you think?
I would like WM in Nashville, but I was told Smackville wasn't even sold out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would like WM in Nashville, but I was told Smackville wasn't even sold out.
It must also be said that it was a special event. Wrestlemania would obviously attract more people

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Shepard says there's nothing new but here's what was in the Observer last week.

The Los Angeles Rams COO Kevin Demoff this past week talked about trying to get WrestleMania is the new Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park for 2021 this past week. As we’ve noted, the Rams and the city want Mania in 2021 because of how many tourist it brings in as kind of a test run for the area before the 2022 Super Bowl. WWE wants to come in 2022 because they want to announce an attendance figure that beats the Super Bowl number. The stadium regular capacity is 70,240 but it can be expanded to add 30,000 more seats. No matter what, as we saw in Dallas a few years ago, they’ll probably announce more than 100,000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shepard says there's nothing new but here's what was in the Observer last week.

The Los Angeles Rams COO Kevin Demoff this past week talked about trying to get WrestleMania is the new Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park for 2021 this past week. As we’ve noted, the Rams and the city want Mania in 2021 because of how many tourist it brings in as kind of a test run for the area before the 2022 Super Bowl. WWE wants to come in 2022 because they want to announce an attendance figure that beats the Super Bowl number. The stadium regular capacity is 70,240 but it can be expanded to add 30,000 more seats. No matter what, as we saw in Dallas a few years ago, they’ll probably announce more than 100,000

In fact this news, even if last week, was known much earlier. Last year, August 16, Shepard announced the list of cities that could have hosted Wrestlemania 36. Tomorrow is Wednesday ... May it bring any news?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Observer:

WWE has hired a lobbyist to try and get the new AB 5 law regarding the classification of employees vs. independent contractors to give the company an exemption. There have already been exemptions given written into the law. Besides WWE running events regularly in California, Los Angeles is slated to host WrestleMania in either 2021 or 2022

·
Registered
16 Posts
Observer:

WWE has hired a lobbyist to try and get the new AB 5 law regarding the classification of employees vs. independent contractors to give the company an exemption. There have already been exemptions given written into the law. Besides WWE running events regularly in California, Los Angeles is slated to host WrestleMania in either 2021 or 2022

In August, it was said that for Wrestlemania 37 there were 4 candidates to host the event; Los Angeles, Las Vegas and 2 others unknown. In my opinion, the other 2 could be Atlanta and Seattle, or Santa Clara

61 - 80 of 98 Posts