Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think 37 in LA is pretty much a lock. Although I would love to see Kroenke and Vince doing the press conference together (doubtful Kroenke will be there, he will probably send Rams CEO or something).

Las Vegas Mania is also a lock, but only question is, do they go to Vegas right away or wait a year and avoid back to back west coast Mania? If so, I would venture Atlanta hosting one before Vegas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-wwe-westlemania-20190408-story.html

The football stadium under construction in Inglewood, which will open in 2020 as the home of the Rams and Chargers, is the front-runner to host WrestleMania 37, according to multiple sources. City and stadium officials would like to use hosting it as a test run for Super Bowl LVI in 2022.
Brad Shepard (who broke the XFL scoop in December '17 and was the first to very strongly hint that Tampa got WM36) told me this:

"That LA report has zero basis... That is not even a serious conversation yet"

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
I think 37 in LA is pretty much a lock. Although I would love to see Kroenke and Vince doing the press conference together (doubtful Kroenke will be there, he will probably send Rams CEO or something).

Las Vegas Mania is also a lock, but only question is, do they go to Vegas right away or wait a year and avoid back to back west coast Mania? If so, I would venture Atlanta hosting one before Vegas.
Agree. LA for 37, Atlanta 38, Vegas 39 and probably return to Dallas for the 40th version

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,534 Posts
Los Angeles is a huge sports town. Sure, Rams and Chargers attendance hasn't exactly been on par. However, the Dodgers have had top attendance in the MLB for years, and also in that town is one of the most prestigious and storied sports franchises of all time, the Lakers. 16 championships and have had many of the greatest to ever play basketball on that team. Names such as Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Dennis Rodman, Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and most recently, LeBron James. the Staples Center is electric for that team almost every night.
That's not really true, especially when you consider the other factors at play. Yes, the Dodgers have led the league in attendance for years, but consider that Dodger Stadium has nearly 4,000 more seats than the league's next-largest venue (Yankee Stadium), which equates to a built-in regular season attendance advantage of at least 320,000 tickets sold every year when compared to any other team. Combine that with the other built-in advantage LA enjoys (the second-biggest population in the US), and LA frankly should be embarrassed if it weren't at or near the top of the list every year.

Sure, you still have to put on a good enough product to bring people to the stadium, and it doesn't mean LA is a BAD sports town, but to say that LA is a top-notch sports city isn't really true. The Lakers were 10th in attendance this year, the Clippers a pitiful 20th (and they made the playoffs!). The Kings were a middling 15th. As for the football teams, the Chargers play in a soccer stadium filled mostly with opposing fans and the Rams only managed 10th in the league this year despite playing in a cavernous stadium and making it to the frickin' Super Bowl.

So no...great sports town, LA is not.

·
Likes wrestling....
7,949 Posts
Well Nashville just put 250,000 a night people on the streets of the new southern party city for the NFL draft, In a visually pleasing venue.

I know Vince has some weird Northern fetish but even he cannot ignore the exploding Nashville phenomenon. Atlanta, Orlando, Memphis, Charlotte......just lost their space in line.

Nashville is a big event city that people want to travel to.

Even Las Vegas just bumped Nashville to a Super Bowl location favorite lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree. LA for 37, Atlanta 38, Vegas 39 and probably return to Dallas for the 40th version
I think they go back to NOLA for 39 or 40. Dallas should get one by 40 for sure.
Pls, Nola again no! Surely it is an attractive city, but repeating it too frequently does not help! Same for Florida. I would prefer Minneapolis for 38/39, if for 37 there are no possibilities, instead of Nola!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Pls, Nola again no! Surely it is an attractive city, but repeating it too frequently does not help! Same for Florida. I would prefer Minneapolis for 38/39, if for 37 there are no possibilities, instead of Nola!
Florida and NOLA will get it every 3-5 years probably, they very attractive for WWE. LA will no doubt be getting one every 4-5 years as well with the new stadium. I think Minnesota lost their chance for a Mania, had a chance for 33 and 36.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd love to have one here in Atlanta, of course, who doesn't want it in their backyard. What really makes it attractive is the Brand new Mercedes-Benz stadium, the thing is incredible! Atlanta is also a huge market plus it's easy to get to from surrounding states.

I can see them doing it in Nashville, San Diego, St. Louis anywhere that will give WWE the freedom to takeover for a week and those towns are good for that kinda event. Even Salt Lake City is good for that too. Nola is a given every few years and somewhere in Florida. Albuquerque would be great if there was a large enough venue. Hopefully we get one in Atlanta soon though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd love to have one here in Atlanta, of course, who doesn't want it in their backyard. What really makes it attractive is the Brand new Mercedes-Benz stadium, the thing is incredible! Atlanta is also a huge market plus it's easy to get to from surrounding states.

I can see them doing it in Nashville, San Diego, St. Louis anywhere that will give WWE the freedom to takeover for a week and those towns are good for that kinda event. Even Salt Lake City is good for that too. Nola is a given every few years and somewhere in Florida. Albuquerque would be great if there was a large enough venue. Hopefully we get one in Atlanta soon though.

For me the only concrete candidates for Wrestlemania 37 are Los Angeles and Atlanta. The latter, in my opinion, is not to be underestimated!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
This was Brad Shepard's response when I asked about Nashville:

"Nashville is booming and the draft was such a massive success that its probably going to lead to a WM there"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dave Meltzer on his Saturday podcast essentially said Los Angeles was a done deal. WWE apparently prefers WM 38 to be there but Los Angeles isn't budging.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm surprised Saudi Arabia hasn't bought out a Wrestlemania from Vince. I wonder if they've tried. Nah, because Vice would've had "The Greatest Wrestlemania".....to take place in a desert...full of people who live in the past.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Dave Meltzer on his Saturday podcast essentially said Los Angeles was a done deal. WWE apparently prefers WM 38 to be there but Los Angeles isn't budging.
Brad Shepard:

"That is the exact report someone else reported first lol. When there is real news on this I will report it."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Observer:

Regarding the 2021 WrestleMania, this is the update. Los Angeles is the likely destination. The city has put in a bid for it for the new Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park. The stadium will be the new home for the Rams and the Chargers, and will have a capacity of 80,240, but will be expanded to 100,000 for the 2022 Super Bowl, World Cup games, Olympic events and other major events. WWE wanted to go in 2022, after the Super Bowl, with the idea they would announce a number bigger than whatever the Super Bowl does and probably also announce a new attendance record for the company. But the city put in a bid for 2021, wanting to use WrestleMania, with so many out-of-town tourists, to kind of test everything out and remove the kinks before the Super Bowl comes the next February.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Brad Shepard told me this:

"The mayor hasn’t put in an official bid yet but he is interested. Nothing has been decided yet. Dave has a habit of piecing things together with what he believes the truth could be... And I’m not saying that won’t end up being the case, but look at last year all of the hype was Minneapolis they were an early candidate and were not selected"

41 - 60 of 98 Posts