Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Guys, it's looking very likely that Mania 35 was my last Mania for now. I don't think we can afford 36, so I won't be around in this thread as much now
It sucks, but that's life. At least I went to nearly all of the Manias Dean/Mox was at (I only missed 30 and The Shield barely did anything so I'm not mad)
I hope you can make WM 36 and/or at least still visit this thread! You are one of the most entertaining and helpful posters on here:smile:

·
The Angle Slammer
2,172 Posts
Guys, it's looking very likely that Mania 35 was my last Mania for now. I don't think we can afford 36, so I won't be around in this thread as much now :( It sucks, but that's life. At least I went to nearly all of the Manias Dean/Mox was at (I only missed 30 and The Shield barely did anything so I'm not mad) :lol
I feel it. I'm debating as well. You are international right? That must be crazy expensive.i salute you for going every year! We dropped like 5k for me and nephew in new york this year. I went to 31 cuz it was in my area. Then when Angle went back to WWE I said i would keep going until he retired. Now that he is idk. I'm addicted but its mentally and financially taxing. Ots always fun to be around crazy fans and meet up with Kurt during mania weekend tho.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I hope you can make WM 36 and/or at least still visit this thread! You are one of the most entertaining and helpful posters on here:smile:
Aww thank you! :) I try to be as helpful as possible. I might still be around to help people with package questions, but it'll hurt knowing I'm not going haha.

I feel it. I'm debating as well. You are international right? That must be crazy expensive.i salute you for going every year! We dropped like 5k for me and nephew in new york this year. I went to 31 cuz it was in my area. Then when Angle went back to WWE I said i would keep going until he retired. Now that he is idk. I'm addicted but its mentally and financially taxing. Ots always fun to be around crazy fans and meet up with Kurt during mania weekend tho.
Yeah, I'm super international, I live in New Zealand. The exchange rate kills us badly every year, 35 was the most expensive Mania for us yet. We can't justify it anymore, cos even flights are pricey.

·
Registered
199 Posts
2 questions.

1. How soon does everyone book their travel? Flights from San Francisco to Tampa show 2 nonstop as of now. Will more be added?

2. Same question for hotels. I see a ton of hotels that day fully booked. But I've also heard that not all hotels are open for next april?
Around 6 months for both. A lot of flights/rooms won't be open til then.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I can't speak for any wrestling fans.

But does anyone really have time to do any sightseeing during Wrestlemania weekend?

There's stuff to do all day from Thursday straight through the following Tuesday. That includes Axxess, Takeover, HOF, RAW, SDL, and the show itself.

Of course, getting from one venue to another can be a pain in the ass.

For WM 35, I did Axxess on Friday, Axxess again on Saturday, the show on Sunday, and Axxess yet again on Monday.

I was physically exhausted by the end of WM week. And I didn't even get to do Takeover, the HOF, RAW, or SDL.

How do you guys feel?

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,376 Posts
It's definitely an intense week!

It depends on the location and how much I want to see. Because it was NY, I didn't do Axxess and I have no regrets. Managed to do a few art galleries and a Broadway matinee. Axxess is fun don't get me wrong, but I couldn't afford to remove 4 hours in the middle of the day for Axxess when it was my first time in NY.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

But does anyone really have time to do any sightseeing during Wrestlemania weekend?

There's stuff to do all day from Thursday straight through the following Tuesday. That includes Axxess, Takeover, HOF, RAW, SDL, and the show itself.

For WM 35, I did Axxess on Friday, Axxess again on Saturday, the show on Sunday, and Axxess yet again on Monday.

I was physically exhausted by the end of WM week. And I didn't even get to do Takeover, the HOF, RAW, or SDL.

How do you guys feel?
This is why we used to stay on for a few days after Mania weekend was over to do sightseeing if it was in a place we hadn't been to before.

But cos it was NYC this year, this was our fourth time there so we'd done practically all the sightseeing already so we had loads of time for wrestling stuff. I think this was our busiest year wrestling wise, we had something on everyday between Thursday and Tuesday. Saturday & Sunday were the worst though, we had the 8am Axxess.

Sunday especially - we got up before 6am to go to Axxess and we got back to the hotel after Mania at 3:30am :shocked: Talk about a long day :lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
This is why we used to stay on for a few days after Mania weekend was over to do sightseeing if it was in a place we hadn't been to before.

But cos it was NYC this year, this was our fourth time there so we'd done practically all the sightseeing already so we had loads of time for wrestling stuff. I think this was our busiest year wrestling wise, we had something on everyday between Thursday and Tuesday. Saturday & Sunday were the worst though, we had the 8am Axxess.

Sunday especially - we got up before 6am to go to Axxess and we got back to the hotel after Mania at 3:30am :shocked: Talk about a long day :lol
Well, we all hope you can make it to Wrestlemania 37 when it comes to Los Angeles.

A straight flight from New Zealand to the US West Coast is bound to be shorter and CHEAPER.:lmao

·
Registered
131 Posts

How do you guys feel?
I've placed sightseeing on a higher priority now. I'm not going to shows all fucking day anymore when there are parks, beaches, mountains, museums, etc. to take in.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've placed sightseeing on a higher priority now. I'm not going to shows all fucking day anymore when there are parks, beaches, mountains, museums, etc. to take in.
The problem is with Axxess, which is essentially an all-day engagement.

For a single session, you're standing in line for over 90 minutes just to meet a few wrestlers. By the time you get all the autographs/pictures, all of the other lines are already closed.

On top of that, Axxess is crowded as hell.

They really need better organization and logistics.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Do any of you guys keep your Axxess wristbands? I have all of my VIP ones going back to 2015 :D

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I tried but they get all ripped apart when I try to get them off my wrist.:(
I always cut mine off and make sure they don't get ruined. I also make sure my Mum keeps her ones in case one of mine gets lost :lol

I'm just annoyed though cos I got one for a Summerslam signing I did in 2016, but they made us give them the wristbands back afterwards. I wanted to keep it for my collection :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
The problem is with Axxess, which is essentially an all-day engagement.

For a single session, you're standing in line for over 90 minutes just to meet a few wrestlers. By the time you get all the autographs/pictures, all of the other lines are already closed.

On top of that, Axxess is crowded as hell.

They really need better organization and logistics.
I'm glad I don't go to any fan conventions.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,356 Posts
Is WWE still planning on banning independent shows to appear and perform in Tampa and anywhere within it? If they are, fuck them.
They can't actually do that. They can get the city to agree not to rent city owned venues to wrestling companies. And they can get hotel corporations that they work with a lot to also not rent their venues. But they absolutely can't stop anyone from running.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Well looks like Wrestlecon is happening

WrestleCon
@wrestlecon
·
9m
Tampa, FL! April 3rd and 4th.
Quote Tweet

Phillip
@fowlerp90
· 21h
@wrestlecon Ive just heard of the event, I was wondering when is wrestlecon 2020 and what is its location?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I’ve been doing one of the top packages for the last 5 years but with changes in Myers I am going to drop to a lower travel package but still want a good view, any chance people can post there view for gold and platinum package from last couple years?

61 - 80 of 237 Posts