Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Been taking some time off WWE so i've skipped NYC this year and haven't been uptodate with anything since last year, and only have NJPW shows on the calendar for live stuff, but seeing pics and clips has me super jealous so i just impulsively booked a hotel for Tampa. Guess Mania number 4 for me is on.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Another one in the books and another one to plan for.

Looks like the Axxess location is .5 mile from the arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to go. It would be about a 6 hour drive or so for me. I would fly there but with no direct flights it would be easier to just drive there. Anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Another one in the books and another one to plan for.

Looks like the Axxess location is .5 mile from the arena.

Its a good setup pending where non-WWE is. WWN is 2-3 miles from arena/Axxess. Janela said he already got something in Tampa. Wrestlecon will be the big ?

I have the Hyatt Busch Gardens booked right now but will try to get something close to arena/convention if I can if price is right

·
Registered
131 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to go. It would be about a 6 hour drive or so for me. I would fly there but with no direct flights it would be easier to just drive there. Anyone have any recommendations for a nice hotel?
Candlewood Suites or Extended Stay America is the place to get, as they have mini kitchens and don't charge as much as other chains with that amenity. Extended Stay America also offers 20% discount on every account's first hotel booking. Having a mini kitchen is essential for multiple reasons. You can buy groceries and cook, which will save money. If there's a weather emergency like a hurricane too, you already have an amenity that won't make you worry about restaurants being shut down. You also won't have to worry about finding a place to eat should you still have the energy to do so when WrestleMania ends at 2AM or whatever.

I know that for every time I stay in New Orleans going forward, it's gonna be Candewood Suites in Slidell. That chain gets my strongest recommendation, and I look forward to trying Extended Stay America at a lower rate next year in Tampa too.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to swing a trip. Ended up with airline vouchers from an issue with our return from NYC yesterday, so would have free airfare. Got a few months to convince my husband I need to go, even if it's not a full blown long weekend like the past 2 years. NOLA and NYC are cities I like to visit, Tampa itself is just meh for me and I've been there several times. But Mania itself is a draw so maybe I can swing a Fri-Mon trip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My plans may have now changed a bit.

I'm flying in from Toronto on the 2nd.

But instead of going back on the 9th, I might be staying in Florida through Easter weekend.

Tentative Plans include:
5 Day Wrestlemania top tier package
Blue Jays game (if they are in Tampa that week)
Walt Disney World,

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where am I best staying in Tampa then?

Beside Raymond James? Near Busch Gardens?

Thinking of doing

Edinburgh - NYC - Tampa - Vegas

Last time I done Edinburgh - NYC - Chicago - NOLA - LA - Anaheim - Vegas - Arizona

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Where am I best staying in Tampa then?

Beside Raymond James? Near Busch Gardens?

Thinking of doing

Edinburgh - NYC - Tampa - Vegas

Last time I done Edinburgh - NYC - Chicago - NOLA - LA - Anaheim - Vegas - Arizona

Somewhere near the convention center.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Like this year in NY, Tampa will definitely be another short trip for me. Anywhere from one to three days depending on if I can stay with my friend who lives in St. Petersburg. I wish my daughter was a little older, I'd take the family down to Orlando for a week to do Disney and just drive over to Tampa for the day for Mania, but oh well. It will be interesting to see what WrestleCon comes up with. Just listened to an interview with the guy who runs it and mentioned that due to the long time relationship that WWE has with the City of Tampa, Wrestlecon will most likely be locked out of city-owned venues and large chain hotels creating a situation similar to what happened in San Jose in 2015, which I was not a fan of the hotel WrestleCon used as it main hotel that year at all. It was a disaster.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Like this year in NY, Tampa will definitely be another short trip for me. Anywhere from one to three days depending on if I can stay with my friend who lives in St. Petersburg. I wish my daughter was a little older, I'd take the family down to Orlando for a week to do Disney and just drive over to Tampa for the day for Mania, but oh well. It will be interesting to see what WrestleCon comes up with. Just listened to an interview with the guy who runs it and mentioned that due to the long time relationship that WWE has with the City of Tampa, Wrestlecon will most likely be locked out of city-owned venues and large chain hotels creating a situation similar to what happened in San Jose in 2015, which I was not a fan of the hotel WrestleCon used as it main hotel that year at all. It was a disaster.
Link to the interview?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where are good places to stay? New Orleans was awesome everything close. This year at 35 everything was spread out. But if I start looking at hotels soon maybe I ca. Get a good location and save some money. Where will Raw be?
Raw, SmackDown, and NXT will be at the Amelie Arena.

I always go with Extended Stay America or Candlewood Suites since they have mini-kitchen and free wifi. Comes in handy at night, as you can buy groceries and cook to save money. You also wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to eat should you have the energy to do so when WrestleMania ends.

Extended Stay America also gives 20% discount on each account's first reservation up to 6 nights.

21 - 40 of 237 Posts