Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Unpopular opinion alert.

I want to see Becky Lynch main event for the 2nd year in a row. Becky and Bray are the biggest deals in wrestling today, no question. Bray deserves a main event too, but I think, given the fact that Becky has been on top for over a year now, she has the edge.

I know she's not been given any great material to get her teeth into for a few months, but with some good booking, she could easily be back at 100% and have people tuning in for a showdown against someone like Asuka or Baszler.

If they are truly treating everyone as equal, and the biggest star is the one to get the Mania main event, then as of today, Becky is the logical pick for me.

[Edit] Before literally everyone "points out" that she slightly botched the pin at the end of the last Mania match, I'll point out that almost everyone here is calling for either Reigns or Lesnar, both of whom almost caused serious injury to The Undertaker in their Mania matches pretty recently.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Unpopular opinion alert.

I want to see Becky Lynch main event for the 2nd year in a row. Becky and Bray are the biggest deals in wrestling today, no question. Bray deserves a main event too, but I think, given the fact that Becky has been on top for over a year now, she has the edge.

I know she's not been given any great material to get her teeth into for a few months, but with some good booking, she could easily be back at 100% and have people tuning in for a showdown against someone like Asuka or Baszler.

If they are truly treating everyone as equal, and the biggest star is the one to get the Mania main event, then as of today, Becky is the logical pick for me.

[Edit] Before literally everyone "points out" that she slightly botched the pin at the end of the last Mania match, I'll point out that almost everyone here is calling for either Reigns or Lesnar, both of whom almost caused serious injury to The Undertaker in their Mania matches pretty recently.

She,s lost ALOT of steam since wm last year and doesnt have an ongoing big feud atm. What made last years mainevent so amazing was all the different dynamics going into it. Becky was the hottest thing in wrestling and she wanted to fight Ronda for months on end. She attacked her on raw in november (5 months before mania) -Ronda the biggrst female star in wrestling or martial arts history was at her peak aswell. All of that is gone now.

The fiend is way hotter atm and a mania mainevent between him and Bryan would be the best step imo. They need to start building it now and not have them wrestle until mania with Bryan winning the rumble. The crowd popped on smackdown when bray said to bryan Say yes you know want to after challenging him. Thats the hot feud atm.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
She,s lost ALOT of steam since wm last year and doesnt have an ongoing big feud atm. What made last years mainevent so amazing was all the different dynamics going into it. Becky was the hottest thing in wrestling and she wanted to fight Ronda for months on end. She attacked her on raw in november (5 months before mania) -Ronda the biggrst female star in wrestling or martial arts history was at her peak aswell. All of that is gone now.

The fiend is way hotter atm and a mania mainevent between him and Bryan would be the best step imo. They need to start building it now and not have them wrestle until mania with Bryan winning the rumble. The crowd popped on smackdown when bray said to bryan Say yes you know want to after challenging him. Thats the hot feud atm.
I agree with all of this. Bray is hotter right now, but WWE have 3 months to ruin that. That same 3 months could be used to get Backy back to where she was. It's not Becky's fault that she has no big feud, or any decent angle in the works. Hopefully, they have something planned to get her from Survivor Series to Mania, once the Brand Supremacy bullshit is over.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
If Rousey comes back wins rumble and challenges Becky that's mania main worthy

Wyatt I don't see maineventing mania. Gimmick wrestlers haven't really been success maineventing manias as we saw with Taker (lowest drawing show ever, lowest drawing show network since 2003).

Now that punk has returned he has to be option. Brock, Cena (his hometown residence), Rollins probably the other four likely.

Reigns cancer has probably put off Vince from pushing reigns on major shows at least for a few years to come

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Wyatt I don't see maineventing mania. Gimmick wrestlers haven't really been success maineventing manias as we saw with Taker (lowest drawing show ever, lowest drawing show network since 2003).
Not that I disagree, but I fully expect WWE to put James Ellsworth in the main event, if it was required to put over one of their golden boys.

Hell, Wyatt already got a Mania title match (which was supposed to be the Main Event, since Orton won the Rumble, but I digress) just so he could job to Orton. And all in all, he wasn't even that necessary in that match: Orton could have won the title off Cena or Styles, and they could have run the story of Wyatt going insane over one of his accolites winning the title (kinda like HHH kicking Randy out of Evolution back in 2004).

Never underestimate Vince. He'd burn money on purpose if that was instrumental in having the show revolve entirely around his needs.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I’m going to use logic which I know is never a good idea with WWE.

Smackdown because it’s now on Fox is the #1 show priority-wise for WWE. So the Main Event should come from Smackdown. So I’ll go with the Fiend vs Roman.

Other possibilities:
Triple Threat-Fiend vs Roman vs Daniel Bryan
John Cena vs Roman Reigns
Fiend vs Braun Strowman (this is a long shot)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hmm I'm a say for Raw - either Cain/Lesnar III, KO/Lesnar, Punk/Rollins, or Becky/Ronda or Shayna then for Smackdown either Fiend/Reigns, Fiend/Strowman, or Fiend/Bryan final encounter. I think they should go with for the Raw main event KO/Lesnar, then Punk/Rollins, Becky/Ronda or Shayna and Smackdown main event close the show with Fiend/Bryan final encounter leading to Bryan being the one to end The Fiend's terror once and for all with the Yes movement to a big ass pop, it'll be like WM 30 atmosphere!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although I doubt that they can pull this off, but what about The Fiend vs. John Cena- Title vs. Career.

Either Cena wins his 17th world title and breaks the record or his in-ring career is over.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,013 Posts
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
Brock Lesnar vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler

In a fantasy we'd get CM Punk vs. Triple H, or CM Punk vs. Seth Rollins.

·
Registered
9,623 Posts
Either The Fiend vs Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens.

I think Rollins heel turn could lead to him taking the title of Lesnar again with the help of AOP, while a white hot Owens wins the Rumble and slays the slayer.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts