Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is talking about it on facebook(and probably their site too) about the DX reunion in Dallas. Then hinting at WM in Dallas.

Looks like WWE has it all set up.

WM28 is in Miami
WM29 in Dallas
WM30 in New York
WM21 in LA

For those canadians. Only 1 thing to say.....at least we have UFC.

Sad how MMA was banned in Ontario just a few years ago, and within the past year, they've had more PPVs in Toronto than WWE has had in 6+ years.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Well LA will probably have its new NFL ready stadium built by WM 31, so WWE will definitely want to do a WM there. WM 30 is a no brainer being in NYC and with Austins rumored in ring comeback, Cowboys staidum is the perfect place to host WM 29. If Austin wrestles at WM 29, then WWE has a shot of getting 100,000 people at Cowboys stadium.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Well LA will probably have its new NFL ready stadium built by WM 31, so WWE will definitely want to do a WM there. WM 30 is a no brainer being in NYC and with Austins rumored in ring comeback, Cowboys staidum is the perfect place to host WM 29. If Austin wrestles at WM 29, then WWE has a shot of getting 100,000 people at Cowboys stadium.
L.A. wouldn't have the stadium done until WM 32 at the earliest so that leaves WM 31 open.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
im fine where ever the Event goes, i go every year and it takes me to different places in usa, so dont moan about it - if your that bothered about going to see it you will travel anywhere ! even if u have to start saving Now to Go 2 NYC for Example ... FREAKIN DO IT ! ! !

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^That doesn't seem to matter to WWE. They had WM24 in Florida and WM28 will be there too.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:sad:

When does this get announced for definite
It'll be announced around January-February.

One, It's been in Canada twice. Two, WWE doesn't really care about the international audience. Three, WWE wouldn't do it because of the tape delay.
Technically Canada is part of american(north america), but people just get so used to calling USA america, when other countries like canada and mexico count too.

·
Registered
712 Posts
its either Dallas or Toronto by the sounds of it. Personally would prefer Toronto but everything points to Dallas, if Austin isnt wrestling in this years Mania then its almost a guarantee

Christ, i havent even got my spends for Miami yet, this Mania thing isnt a cheap hobby!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Nothing in the video suggests that Wrestlemania XXIX will be going to Dallas, though. I believe Cena talked up New Orleans at a live event there in the last few years, saying that Wrestlemania should go there one day. Edge was vocally hopeful for Toronto receiving Wrestlemania XXVIII at a live event there only a week or two before it was announced to be going to Miami. Miz spoke a lot about Miami being home to a Wrestlemania in the future in a newspaper, which is very different, of course, but I think a lot of people in WWE thought Miami was a natural because it was the #2 choice behind Atlanta for Wrestlemania XXVII.

Despite Cena also saying he looked forward to Madison Square Garden hosting Wrestlemania 30, and someone on this forum saying that MSG has been booked for the last couple of days of March in 2014, there's been no concrete confirmation from WWE that Wrestlemania will actually be going to Madison Square Garden. When you think about it, if they were to actually have it somewhere else, Dallas, TX, at the new Cowboys Stadium would probably be the place they'd like to have it, as Jim Ross was saying the new Cowboys Stadium should host a "round number Wrestlemania."

So, who knows? For all of the speculation, Wrestlemania XXIX may still be going to Toronto, Wrestlemania 30 may in fact actually go to Dallas, TX (God, they'd need a supercard to pull that off, though, built around one massive match and beyond Rock/Cena and, to a lesser extent, Cena/Taker, there's really nothing that comes to mind involving the roster), and we just don't know what else. We don't know what the cities are offering WWE, which is where the rubber meets the road in these discussions. Atlanta and Miami both respectively offered comprehensive and attractive deals to WWE. It's all a bit more complicated and hinging on business decisions than Vince McMahon waking up one morning and saying, "I think the next 'Mania should be in _____!"

Not to mention, what probably made Miami an even bigger "slam dunk" of sorts was Rock's return. Vince, Cena and others were doubtless aware that Rock could be more easily lured back into the ring in a year's time should the following Wrestlemania take place in his home city. Maybe Vince and others have ideas revolving around Steve Austin/Shawn Michaels/The Undertaker (Texas).

We just don't know yet and it's presumptive to assume because DX stirred the pot to get Dallas excited about a future Wrestlemania, that they will be hosting Wrestlemania XXIX.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts