Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year they offiacillly announced Atlanta the day after the Royal Rumble, but evryone knew it 2 weeks prior... So just 3 weeks to go and we haven't heard anything yet! I can't wait to know it!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The choices are highly limited, really. Maybe Toronto, though they do try to keep Wrestlemania in the US. They're looking for a NFL stadium, preferably with a roof that can be retracted if the weather's expected to be good enough. They've been in the south (roughly...) the last 4 years, so look to it to be somewhere in the North, but not the Northeast (because MSG is almost certain to get WM 30).

That leaves, imo, Toronto, Seattle, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, or St. Louis.

From those 4, I'd say Seattle or St. Louis are the best bets, with a slight edge to Seattle. It seems that the WWE doesn't go to Washington very often, but that when it does, the crowds are decent. Additionally, there's great transportation to and from Seattle, particularly for those coming from Australia and Japan.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
The choices are highly limited, really. Maybe Toronto, though they do try to keep Wrestlemania in the US. They're looking for a NFL stadium, preferably with a roof that can be retracted if the weather's expected to be good enough. They've been in the south (roughly...) the last 4 years, so look to it to be somewhere in the North, but not the Northeast (because MSG is almost certain to get WM 30).

That leaves, imo, Toronto, Seattle, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, or St. Louis.
Wrestlemania has been held outside USA before
Toronto doesn't have a NFL specified stadium, but they have a MLB stadium that has held NFL games
Torontos roof I believe was one of the first retractable roofs in pro sports

The only problem with Toronto though is that the roof wont work for WM because they can't open it for certain months of the year, especially with one like rogers centre where the weather wouldn't even feel like spring yet and the roof opens up like half the stadium.

In about a month I'd expect them to announce the location because they're randomly having a WWE event in Toronto(no other canadian city for that week) on a saturday in an arena they've never been to before, so I'd expect them to be doing that for some specific reason. They probably decided since they're gonna make the WM announcement that weekend, might as well have a show too and that was only place available since other places were booked.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I read somewhere that it would be in Toronto or just somewhere in Canada?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^It has to be Toronto.

I'm not sure if anywhere else in canada has an arena fit to hold 50,000 + people. Only one I can think of is in montreal, but WWE has only held 1 ppv in Montreal in several years compared to Toronto that gets a ppv almost every other year and at least 1 Raw every year

·
Registered
458 Posts
^It has to be Toronto.

I'm not sure if anywhere else in canada has an arena fit to hold 50,000 + people. Only one I can think of is in montreal, but WWE has only held 1 ppv in Montreal in several years compared to Toronto that gets a ppv almost every other year and at least 1 Raw every year
BC Place Stadium in Vancouver has over 50,000. Though when was the last time a PPV was in Vancouver?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts