Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@TheRock
WRESTLEMANIA 28 sets all time record. 1.3 million PPV buys. $67 million one day gross. BIGGEST MATCH OF ALL TIME. #MyHonor
The Great One

The People's Champion

The Greatest Wrestler of All Time

The Biggest Draw of All Time

The Rock

Who said The Rock was going to hurt the business? LMAO

Reactions: Boots2Asses

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I saw. Pretty awesome! I hope next years can do just as well. I'm guessing longer feuds will happen now and i'm happy for it. Longer feuds will help hide the fact that the roster is so small and will bring more emotion to matches and stories. Maybe someday we'll have a feud that matches Stone Cold and The Rock's.

The roster has no right to bitch at The Rock taken their spot with these kind of numbers.

Though PUNK, Chris, Cena, Bryan and everyone else all helped. It wasn't done all because of one man :)

·
Banned
914 Posts
I saw. Pretty awesome! I hope next years can do just as well. I'm guessing longer feuds will happen now and i'm happy for it. Longer feuds will help hide the fact that the roster is so small and will bring more emotion to matches and stories. Maybe someday we'll have a feud that matches Stone Cold and The Rock's.

The roster has no right to bitch at The Rock taken their spot with these kind of numbers.

Though PUNK, Chris, Cena, Bryan and everyone else all helped. It wasn't done all because of one man :)
I think it's official.

Rock has now surpassed Hogan as the biggest draw in pro wrestling history.

He's now officially become the G.O.A.T.

Now it's....

1-Rock
2-Hogan
3-Austin

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

and if we get Rock, Brock, Taker and Austin in next year's Wrestlemania it has potential to shatter this year's buys... especially with the New York media

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
I think it's official.

Rock has now surpassed Hogan as the biggest draw in pro wrestling history.

He's now officially become the G.O.A.T.

Now it's....

1-Rock
2-Hogan
3-Austin

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!

Not really. If you're ranking G.O.A.T by a PPV buyrate, Hogan drew 1.9 with Sting for Starrcade 1997, and in WWE, the runner up was Wrestlemania 23 headlined by John Cena and Shawn Michaels.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Nice of him to shit on everyone else on the card by taking personal responsibility for the buyrate.. because nobody wanted to see any of the other matches and it was all about him..?

Personally I didnt care about the Rock/Cena match going in and the fact that nobody's talking about it just shows how irrelevant the outcome of the match was, just a publicity stunt really. You're a mark if you bought WM just to see Rock wrestle and get gassed in 10 minutes cause his steroids didn't give him built-in cardio conditioning.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
But unless the other PPV's are good, it won't mean much in the long run

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Unbelievable number, GOAT.

Posted in the WWE PPV section BTW.

As for Hogan/Sting at Starrcade 97, the number is actually 680k-700k domestic, and WM23 which was Trump/Vince did 1.2

·
Banned
741 Posts
Nice of him to shit on everyone else on the card by taking personal responsibility for the buyrate.. because nobody wanted to see any of the other matches and it was all about him..?

Personally I didnt care about the Rock/Cena match going in and the fact that nobody's talking about it just shows how irrelevant the outcome of the match was, just a publicity stunt really. You're a mark if you bought WM just to see Rock wrestle and get gassed in 10 minutes cause his steroids didn't give him built-in cardio conditioning.
obivious troll is obvious

·
Registered
281 Posts
I saw The Rock boasting on Twitter and Facebook today.

He made money but Daniel Bryan outpoped him. YES! YES! YES!

*d-bry mark*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts