Wrestling Forum banner

"Wrestlemania 27 will be the worst in history". Eurgh.

6452 Views 67 Replies 49 Participants Last post by  ViolenceIsGolden
Is anybody else feeling the retardedness of people flat out guarunteeing that the Wrestlemania coming will be the worst? It's a complete summing up of everything wrong with the IWC; people that will bitch and moan, no matter what. Yes, the booking has been poor, but how about we keep a cool head, sit back, let things pan out, and enjoy the product?

Booking aside, whatever happened to being 'pleasantly suprised' by something?

Edit: Yes, this is a thread bemoaning the thoughts, feelings and emotions of the IWC. . .sue me. Stuff like this needs to be commented on, lest the retarded majority think their deluded way of thinking should somehow be the norm.
Reactions: reDREDD
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,247 Posts
I dont care what other people think, It is freaking Wrestlemania, and those so called fans are talking like it is a TNA PPV. I been more excited bout this Wrestlemania than the past 3. Also I am looking forward all the matches.

· Registered
22,340 Posts
I agree, its fucking stupid that people are saying shit like that. Sure, between bad booking/lack of booking/shitty booking for a lot of the matches, and the fact that on paper its not that appealing (imo of course, outside of about 3 matches), it has potential to bomb, but it also has the potential to be great. I admit, I'm not looking forward to WM that much this year, but the last time I felt this "underwhelmed" I guess about a WM was WM 22. And I had so much fucking fun watching that show, and it surprised me with how good it ended up being overall. This year could be the same, but had potential for better match quality than 22 imo.

· Registered
106 Posts

^This, pretty much summed it up perfectly. Has any one ever watch a movie that was slated by someone you know before hand and then when you get around to watching it your pleasantly surprised or the complete reverse when something is built up as amazing/must see or something like that just for it to be a huge let down. I think that the show put on at mania will supersede he piss poor booking. Well at least thats what i'm hoping for anyways.

· Banned
4,205 Posts
I dont care what other people think, It is freaking Wrestlemania, and those so called fans are talking like it is a TNA PPV. I been more excited bout this Wrestlemania than the past 3. Also I am looking forward all the matches.
lol and how would you know? No doubt you dont watch them, like most who hate on TNA.

Aa for WM, it looks pretty crappy at the moment, but you cant really judge until the show itself.

· Registered
415 Posts
I'm psyched...it's WRESTLEMANIA.

Up until The Rock's involvement I thought it looked kinda lackluster, but with his involvement alone it upped it a lot. And really in the past month or so they've really grabbed my attention w/ more additions to it, namely the Triple H vs Taker which should be solid and deliver an amazing match.

Reactions: Tronnik

· Registered
243 Posts
Everyone will always look like 5 years ago and say that it was better, In 2005 everyone complained about the attitude era being gone, in the nineties everyone complained about the 80's being gone. Now people complain because it's pg and theres no blood and shit. Who cares?

The product is good right now, and I'm a pessimist when it comes to wrestling. I'm not saying everything is done perfectly. I'm not saying everything on the show is great, or even good. but for the most part I have been entertained with Raw and Smackdown week in and week out. and I haven't wanted to see a match as much as I want to see Cole/Lawler for SO LONG.

· Registered
4,543 Posts
Is anybody else feeling the retardedness of people flat out guarunteeing that the Wrestlemania coming will be the worst? It's a complete summing up of everything wrong with the IWC; people that will bitch and moan, no matter what. Yes, the booking has been poor, but how about we keep a cool head, sit back, let things pan out, and enjoy the product?

Edit: Yes, this is a thread bemoaning the thoughts, feelings and emotions of the IWC. . .sue me. Stuff like this needs to be commented on, lest the retarded majority think their deluded way of thinking should somehow be the norm.
WWE has their work cut out for them to make the Wrestlemania really good. First off they can't rush through matches like they did last year that would be one thing that would help.

· Registered
1,996 Posts
The build up has been the worst in history and I make no apologies for that. I've always defended the WWE when possible but I've never seen it this bad.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Everyone will always look like 5 years ago and say that it was better, In 2005 everyone complained about the attitude era being gone, in the nineties everyone complained about the 80's being gone. Now people complain because it's pg and theres no blood and shit. Who cares?
Point me me to who wants 2006 wwe back?

· Registered
951 Posts
ECW rarely announced the card until the show (save 1 or 2 matches) and half this forum are huge ECW(original) marks. I smell hypocrites...

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
People need to be sure not to forget that, there is such a thing as a bad Wrestlemania. There have been a couple in the past and it looks like there's another bad one looming on the horizon.

IMHO the card looks extremely drab and, as it stands right now, I probably won't watch it (excepting downloading Dragon's first ever WM match but that's no credit to WWE). The build period has been an all time poor one. I usually have the optimistic opinion that "No matter what, Wrestlemania always delivers" but, looking at the match listing, it's going to have its work cut out this year.

If you look up and down the card, you can see that WWE are in the middle of a major transitional period and they're trying to rush new guys into higher level spots.

Am I a huge fan of Punk, Bryan, Rhodes, Del Rio etc.? Yes. Do I think WWE has done enough for them with the build up/angles? No, not in the context of Wrestlemania matches. It's questionable whether the WM crowd will even respond well to most of these newer guys. WM isn't the time to be creating new stars but WWE have painted themselves into a corner over the past 5-10 years. It looks like the kind of card you'd expect to see at Summerslam or a B-PPV, not WM.

On top of all that, you have a recycled HHH vs. Taker match and guys like a squeezed-dry Cena and a half-crippled Edge, who would have been nowhere near the World titles in eras gone by, let alone dominating the main event scene.

The fact that they've taken out the MITB match, over the past couple of years, to shift a separate PPV is pretty cynical too. Overall, the product is stretched very thinly atm.

lest the retarded majority think their deluded way of thinking should somehow be the norm.
The IWC aren't the retarded majority, when it comes to wrestling.

Regardless, whether you look at it from the perspective of a mark or a smark, I don't think it changes anything, when it comes to this topic. When I look at this card, I don't see a Hogan-Andre for the marks and I don't see an Angle-Lesnar for the smarks.

· Registered
5,733 Posts

· Registered
4,017 Posts

don't be shocked my friend, people always claim that the ppv is going to be the worst ever every fucking month, and all the time they claim that they'd rather watch TNA only to go there and claim the same thing...

if something is bad i say it but i don't go as far as calling it "the worst ever"

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.