Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody is complaining about WM27. . .how it's going to be the worst in recent memory. . .how The Miz isn't ready to headline. The thing is, they've got to have a developmental Wrestlemania at some point, to pass a few torches onto a few new guys.

When better than now? Just in the past year:

-The Miz won his first title
-Jack Swagger won his first title
-Sheamus won his first title
-Wade Barrett and five guys no one had ever heard about in January were John Cena's primary opponents for the majority of the year.
-Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk have been pushed aggressively as main event stars
-Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble despite only being in the company seven months
-Triple H hasn't main evented a single pay per view
-Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and Batista all left the company
-Triple H and the Undertaker have been off the air for a vast majority of last year
-Edge appears to be on his way out, Taker's likely to follow and Triple H is already transitioning to an office job. Rey Mysterio's talking about hanging them up as well.

With the current company mindset they're ONLY building for the future, and at the end of a year like this, Wrestlemania 27, the developmental Wrestlemania, should happen now.

It makes sense.

14,478 Posts
Re: Wrestlemania 27 - I think the booking is necessary, and will pay off in the long

I don't think anybody is complaining about this aspect. In fact, I've seen many people praising it. It is nice to see some fresh faces at Wrestlemania for once.

Have the WWE done enough for people to give a fuck? Not really, and that's what annoys people.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Re: Wrestlemania 27 - I think the booking is necessary, and will pay off in the long

Tons of people are complaining about it. Thats why they keep saying how bad a mania its going to be. Especially and understandably before Rock and Austin made their returns not to mention snooki's match. Im super excited to see how small shes going to look since I missed her on Raw not to mention i hope she gets stiff kicked

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

I don't think anybody is complaining about this aspect. In fact, I've seen many people praising it. It is nice to see some fresh faces at Wrestlemania for once.

Have the WWE done enough for people to give a fuck? Not really, and that's what annoys people.
Bingo.

·
Mick Foley's Bitch
1,051 Posts

Actually, it does make sense. Since almost all their headliners right now are on their way out, i never really thought of that.

Chris Jericho hasn't left indefinitely, he will be back! he just took time off to tour with his band Fozzy etc, he should be back by Summer hopefully.

·
Fighting the feeling...
Service please!
2,664 Posts

And yet the same people bitching and moaning about this year's 'Mania will still buy it and still watch it so I tend not to really take any notice of them.

Hell I bet some people moaning have even bought tickets and will still be going and not selling them on eBay

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts

It'll pay off only if the bookers want it to pay of. Which is to mean, don't make their new talent look weak.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

I think this may turn out to be one of those Wrestlemanias that people go back to for nostalgic purposes. Card looks weak now, but it will pay off long-term.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts

It'll pay off only if the bookers want it to pay of. Which is to mean, don't make their new talent look weak.
This is my biggest problem. I just can't see Orton putting Punk over and especially don't think Cena will put Miz over. If either happens I'll be pleasantly surprised.

BUT I fully expect Rey to put over Cody... if he doesn't I'll fuckin rage

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

I'm super excited for 'Mania honestly. I thin the card is fine. The build could be better, but I have no problem with the matches. I hope they keep Del Rio/Edge one on one though, I was looking forward to that one the most.

·
Registered
290 Posts

the worst part isn't the booking its how they have booked the year in general... nexus has been weak and always will be weak since june now, first they sacrifice their strength to give Cena a unnecessary boost in making him look super human and now they are just doing the same to Randy Orton. They dont give anyone who has left nexus individual storylines, they tease them with Missing Link, Tarver Texting and other examples and then just give Bryan a random match every week with Ted DiBiase, Ziggler or Sheamus never allowing them to speak to builld a proper storyline between whoever he is facing.

Miz has been phenomenal these past few weeks but WWE will ruin it by having Cena defeat him at Mania so that's a complete wash. The WWE is more content booking legends and celebrities for joke matches and stipulations for their biggest pay per view than setting up decent feuds anywhere other than the top and even then, the punk - orton feud is stale as shit, anyone else sick of seeing orton dominate no matter what the circumstances are every single week and then him making his stupid stupid stupid faces and pounding the floor like a retard and thats supposed to scare punk off?

WWE creative is just beyond dumb at this point and cannot tell a good story without lots and lots and lots of help. Hell the best feud leading into mania is between the two announcers of RAW, and the only thing keeping me watching right now is rock and miz. miz has the chance to play an excellent sadist character these next few weeks but once mania comes he'll be ducking his tail between his legs as Cena whoops on him and reveals he and rock have been BFFs all along

·
Dragon Slayer
6,629 Posts

Don't excuse WWEs awful booking for the past 5 years, or their complete lack of care for anyone not named John Cena. There should always be a cycle of new guys built up over time getting mixed in with the established stars (Randy Orton and Batista are great examples, Steve Austin is a great example, Edge and Christian are great examples).

WWE has stopped building people and given us years of Triple H, Cena, Rey, and Taker beating every opponent they ever face, and burying most of them in the process. Now hotshotting guys without any build (Sheamus, Barrett, Swagger) to the top DOESN'T WORK. This WrestleMania is garbage because WWE has given us a bunch of unestablished nobodies. The Miz is the exception here. Its only his 2nd WM but hes been built great over a long period of time.

Even worse is that the established guys outside of Cena aren't booked in feuds. Yea Orton and Punk are technically feuding. But the extent of their story is Orton punting rookies to Florida. Trips/Taker aren't even in a feud. They just said "Triple H and Taker at Mania" and then nothing else. Mania is a joke this year.

Overall though, this Mania sucks because WWE books night to night, only thinking about how to put Cena over once again. Now we have a shit Mania (lowest buyrates since WM XIX I guarantee it) with the main attractions being 2 retired guys and 2 guys in one of their last matches.

·
Premium Member
32,162 Posts

Yeah but they havent made any of these new "main eventers" seem even slightly credible. Miz has looked like a shit champ and the way they've booked him particuarly in this build with Cena has made him look so undeserving. Sure they gave Sheamus and Swagger title runs but nobody takes them credibly because they constantly bury them and they never look on par with guys like Cena and Edge. Dont even get me started on Ziggler either and how legit of a champ he's looked. It's one thing to give someone a title run but they never book them like legit champions.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

it's a poor card and anyone who thinks anything other than Cena with his hand raised at the end is going to happen is deluding themselves. I'll watch with a few beers if i can get the monday off work, but if i can't and therefore miss it, it wont bother me much to be honest, all i can see from thsi mania is severe disapointment and dull, predictable matches.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

Everybody is complaining about WM27. . .how it's going to be the worst in recent memory. . .how The Miz isn't ready to headline. The thing is, they've got to have a developmental Wrestlemania at some point, to pass a few torches onto a few new guys.

When better than now? Just in the past year:

-The Miz won his first title
-Jack Swagger won his first title
-Sheamus won his first title
-Wade Barrett and five guys no one had ever heard about in January were John Cena's primary opponents for the majority of the year.
-Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk have been pushed aggressively as main event stars
-Alberto Del Rio won the Royal Rumble despite only being in the company seven months
-Triple H hasn't main evented a single pay per view
-Triple H and the Undertaker have been off the air for a vast majority of last year
-Edge appears to be on his way out, Taker's likely to follow and Triple H is already transitioning to an office job. Rey Mysterio's talking about hanging them up as well.

With the current company mindset they're ONLY building for the future, and at the end of a year like this, Wrestlemania 27, the developmental Wrestlemania, should happen now.

It makes sense.
This is a developmental Wresltmania as you said so lets look at the most likely winners of the matches and see if it's good for development.
If ADR wins the World Title then thats good for development.
If Cody beats Rey then it's good for developmen.
If Undertaker beats Triple H it's good fordevelopment.
If John Cena wins the WWE Title and Randy Orton beats CM Punk then.
:gun: Development
As long as Wresltemania doesn't end with John Cena standing over the Miz with The Rock holding his hand high in the air then it's good for development but I'm sure that Vince won't do the right thing and let his golden boys lose.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

As long as Wresltemania doesn't end with John Cena standing over the Miz with The Rock holding his hand high in the air...
I would bet every penny i have this will happne. It's absolutely nailed on i'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

Um.....honestly Randy Orton doesn't have to "put over" CM Punk. He's already over. Beyond over. This is a match for fan's entertainment, not to establish someone. Someday these two will feud again and it will be over a World Title.

Miz will be fine. All of you are freaking out. I'm not a Cena fan either, but Cena winning at WM will be OK. It's best in terms of business. Miz will be fine. WWE is obviously serious about him being a main-eventer, they won't just drop him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts