Wrestling Forum banner

Wrestlemania 18

1174 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Razor King
Who remembers wrestlemania 18 in Toronto, Rock Vs Hogan? The crowd were going nuts all night, surely they are the best crowd for wwe ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aQO0-1OKRw&feature=related

Forward to 2mins 30 Hulkamania truely was running wild that night!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,204 Posts
For a Mania match, it is by a distance the best crowd I have ever seen. Shame we may never see that again.
If Cena and Rock ever step into the ring and face each other you'll see a reaction like that again... accept this time there will clearly be someone who is booed and someone who is cheered.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
If Cena and Rock ever step into the ring and face each other you'll see a reaction like that again... accept this time there will clearly be someone who is booed and someone who is cheered.
That's why I said we may not, seeing as Rock is more than likely not to have a match as opposed to having one. And there was 'someone who is booed (Rock) and someone who is cheered (Hogan)' in the match.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
X-8 was a weird one. It was like "We don't know where the fuck to go next" Attitude Era was basically over and this was kind of the last gasp.

Hogan Vs. Rock was the major highlight. Its probably the most emotionally charged match I've ever seen and was a true dream match in every sense. It should have closed the show quite honestly because Jericho/HHH for the Gold was built up so horribly, it had no business being the main event. It bombed, big time.

There were a couple of solid things here and there. Taker Vs. Flair was pretty good, and I liked RVD/Regal & DDP/Christian as well. Everything else though was very "take it, or leave it" which is probably how I would sum up this Mania had it not been for Hogan/Rock

· FORZA AC MILAN
6,329 Posts
Gives me goosebumps thinking about it. I heard that the original plan was for The Rock to win the undisputed world championship and face Triple H at WM, and do Austin vs Hogan but Hogan and Austin couldn't agree to a finish.

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
For a Mania match, it is by a distance the best crowd I have ever seen. Shame we may never see that again.

If WWE gave a damn enough to build a match between 2 top level stars at Mania instead of giving half assed low quality match ups I'm sure we'd see loud crowds. If you give the crowd a reason to cheer they will. If you give them a match between 2 mid level guys with no story, its unlikely to have a loud crowd.

Any one who is even a casual fan remembers that match.

The true main event of WM 18 for sure. Felt bad for the women's match that went on right afterwards. They didn't have a chance.

Thats actually the point. You put on a match no one cares about so they won't cheer but will rest and get charged back up for the next big match.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
You know I still to this day never understood why they stuck with Jericho/Triple H instead of going with Triple H/Austin. The crowd was hot for them when they had their face off at the Rumble, that match still wouldn't have lived up to Rock vs Hogan, but they crowd would have cared more then Jericho/Triple H, whom was not only underwhelming for a Wrestlemania main event, but was also booked terribly.

· Registered
57 Posts
I've wished for so long we'd have crowds like that nowadays. Our only real hope for a repeat is some form of Rock vs. Cena to be honest.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
I think Jericho/HHH SHOULD have been the main event based on the way Triple H was taken off TV (he wrestled Jericho in the match where his quad tore) but they wanted to focus more on making Jericho Stephanie's little man slave and the build up to the main event just collapsed under the weight of that. Keep Triple H/Jericho, but with a much better build up: Jericho & Steph aren't "Business partners", they are flat out fucking like sea otters. Don't make World Champ a bitch. Make more out of the fact that Jericho put HHH out...maybe even have Jericho try to cost HHH the Rumble so he won't have to face him. Just a few ideas...its better than Jericho cleaning up dog poop anyway.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Watched this again yesterday, the crowd were abosolutey sublime. Today's RAW/Smackdown crowds should take notes. Admittedly, you don't get Hogan/Rock every RAW/Smackdown but none the less todays crowds should be ashamed when they look back and watch that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.