Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
A lot of people rave about this PPV, but personally I like Summerslam 2000 as best ever.

·
Registered
961 Posts
What I will say about it is, I can honestly watch the whole show without skipping it. I can't do that with many PPV's through the years, always something I didn't want to see.

I think back then especially, it was the first huge crowd for mania in years and it made it feel BIG TIME (no pun on the later mania which used big time as a catchphrase)

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Slightly overrated to be honest.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
There are some underwhelming matches but also some great ones. I believe that in four matches, they took to the crowd and spent excessive amounts of time outside the ring. There was a brawler mentality to the show, which is not bad, but it was done excessively. In terms of WrestleManias, I like 24 and XIX better.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I don't think it's the best of all time. There are a few good matches, but I feel myself wanting to skip some of the PPV. Austin/Rock was good, as was Trips/Undertaker, Shane/Vince and TLCII. Benoit/Angle let me down a little bit, RTC/APA and Taz bored me, Chyna/Ivory is skippable as is the gimmick battle royal.

I rate WM19 and Summerslam 2002 over this PPV.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I go back and forth between Wrestlemania X-Seven and Wrestlemania XIX. Both were fantastic and had some mega matches. I think if Brock had actually hit the Shooting Star Press and had finished the match - and the PPV as a whole - that way, Wrestlemania XIX would have been perfect.

As for other awesome PPVs, I would have to give mention to these:

- Summerslam 1996
- Royal Rumble 2000
- Fully Loaded 2000
- Summerslam 2002
- No Way Out 2001
- Wrestlemania 24

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
It is up there, but there are few who are better like WM21, WM 19, Series 01,WM 24,Rumble 92, Slam 96 IYH Buried Alive. All in all it is one of the best but there are better and outside of WrestleMania i haven't sawn much PPV's between 98-03.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Wait.. this one had Raven with a golf cart, right?

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
X-Seven is one of the better Mania's out there. Mainly due to TLC II and Rock/Austin II better the best matches of the night in my opinion. However it did have some moments that were passable like APA & Tazz/RTC and the Gimmick Battle Royal. Both of those were pretty terrible. The tag team match seems like it would of been better on a Raw or SmackDown. For the most part though it's not the best PPV ever. I just think the timing of the PPV itself being after WCW closed and all of this. Made it more popular than it should be.

Summerslam 2002 is still one of my favorites and one of the better PPVs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts