Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done watching WM12. I noticed at the end, after HBK won his match against Bret Hart, it almost looked like the ref was getting ready to hand him the title, but HBK said something to him, and I couldn't read his lips. This was while Hart was still lying down on the mat by the way. So the ref looked a bit unsure of what to do, walked around a bit, and then finally about a minute later, as Hart was walking past him out of the ring and looking at him, the ref handed HBK the title.

I know Hart and HBK hated each other back then. Was this HBK's way of rubbing it in Hart's face? Or something else / nothing at all?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was actually handed the title while Bret was still in the ring.

Here's the video, at the correct position. Watch it for about a minute to see the whole thing go down.

Now that I watch it again, it looks like it could also have been what you said, as the ref didn't actually hand him the title until Bret made a move for outside the ring; he was still inside it and watching though. Hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Shawn was an ass back then. You can see him telling Earl to "Get him the fuck outta the ring" or something to that effect. I'm sure Bret wanted to shake his hand after the match, which was the typical face vs face thing to do after a title match, and you can see Bret is pissed as he exits the ring and walks to the back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
He was actually handed the title while Bret was still in the ring.

Here's the video, at the correct position. Watch it for about a minute to see the whole thing go down.

Now that I watch it again, it looks like it could also have been what you said, as the ref didn't actually hand him the title until Bret made a move for outside the ring; he was still inside it and watching though. Hmmmmmm.
He also pushed the ref away @ 5:12

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
As the story goes, he told the ref to tell Bret Hart to "Get the fuck out of his ring" because it was his time to shine. He might have also told Jose Lothario the same since you could see Jose in the ring and the ref told him something and he made a shrug and left the ring like "That mofo."

HBK knew he could get away with it since Bret wasn't going to beat the shit out of him in the middle of the ring over it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
As the story goes, he told the ref to tell Bret Hart to "Get the fuck out of his ring" because it was his time to shine. He might have also told Jose Lothario the same since you could see Jose in the ring and the ref told him something and he made a shrug and left the ring like "That mofo."

HBK knew he could get away with it since Bret wasn't going to beat the shit out of him in the middle of the ring over it.
This.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
idc about his skills, shawn michaels is complete garbage. he's as big a piece of shit as hogan, but hogan gets 10 times more shit thrown his way.
90s Shawn Michaels was an ass, but he changed while beeing away, and a lot of the shit that Hogan gets is that he does not know when to stop, and it seems like Shawn knows that.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I believe in Bret's book he states that Shawn said "get that piece of shit out of my ring" or something similar

·
Registered
400 Posts
Very selfish move by Shawn. Bret mentions this in his book and he was not too pleased.
Edit: Shawn told Hebner "Tell him to get the fuck out of my ring, this is my moment." So classless.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I dont get what the big deal is about.That was rightfully Shawn's moment.Bret should have got the hell outta there anyway.8 years of hard work finally bears fruit at the GRANDEST stage of them all when Shawn wins his 1st World Title...

That was his moment,his time to celebrate it the way he wants.Bret or Hebner had no business being there anyway.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
11 years later, Shawn refuses to shake Cena's hand. :rolleyes:
Huh?? Are you talking about Wrestlemania 23? That was a work dude. Obviously. Seeing as Shawn made a speech about how he should have won, then went on to have that rematch in England on Raw that lasted almost an hour, which he won...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
90s Shawn Michaels was an ass, but he changed while beeing away, and a lot of the shit that Hogan gets is that he does not know when to stop, and it seems like Shawn knows that.
If you actually trust the whole born again Christian crap, you really do belong in the generic wrestling fan stereotype we get put into.

I'm sure he grew up a little bit, definitely more so than Nash, Hall, Pac and Trips. Trips just threw himself another title when he got a little upset.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
It's all a big misunderstanding. Shawn is a great cook and was talking to Bret before the match about his new Asian cooking classes he loved.

He said "About that peking duck, give me a ring"

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Trips just threw himself another title when he got a little upset.
Is this HHH-hating lunacy never going to end? Everyone in the business who has said anything about HHH during the 90's said he was by far the straightest arrow of the entire Kliq. After MSG he never bitched; he took his punishment for Shawn's stupidity like a man until he got his shot years later, before he even started dating Stephanie.

The phrase "success breeds contempt" has never been truer than with Triple H, I swear.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Shawn didn't want to shake Bret's hand so when The Hitman stormed out of the ring, he was legitmately pissed. I'm disappointed HBK made that choice. After winning what I consider to be the greatest match in WWE history, a little good sportsmanship wasn't too much to ask for especially considering he got the damn torch passed to him!

- Vic

1 - 20 of 21 Posts