Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then marv albert (commentator) fucks it up by having a good chuckle at its inclusion

No matter how much success Vince has had this past 30 years so many in the media still consider pro-wrestling a joke :frown2:

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,736 Posts
Re: Wrestlemania 1 gets listed among top iconic moments in MSG history during NBA all-star game

Marv Albert should be one to laugh at anything. The Crossdresser of the Garden should keep his worthless opinions to himself.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Wrestlemania 1 gets listed among top iconic moments in MSG history during NBA all-star game

50 shades of Grey is a success but is still treated as a joke.

Not really an issue.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

Then marv albert (commentator) fucks it up by having a good chuckle at its inclusion

No matter how much success Vince has had this past 30 years so many in the media still consider pro-wrestling a joke :frown2:
An NBA commentator chuckling at wrestling.. especially an event and time period where it might have been the biggest athletic event in the US? Too bad some people like him are apparently stupid beyond belief...

·
Registered
6,644 Posts

Doesn't matter how you brand it. Pro Wrestling or "Sports Entertainment" will never be taken seriously in the world of professional athletics. It's hilarious Vince hasn't come to terms with that.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts

Those who laugh at pro wrestling do so until they take a bump in the ring....then they stop laughing

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,484 Posts

The best part was he called it WWF :jordan5

Unfortunately, THIS didn't make the MSG history list 8*D

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/sep/26/news/mn-36348

Marv Albert Pleads Guilty in Sex Case, Is Fired by NBC
Courts: Admission ends trial abruptly. Sportscaster faces up to year in jail.
September 26, 1997
:LOL

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

Those who laugh at pro wrestling do so until they take a bump in the ring....then they stop laughing
There's that.. but what's even dumber is they are willing to view Ice Skating as a legit athletic endeavour and snicker at something that takes as much if not far more athleticism and toughness than many "sports" and "athletic events".

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Pro Wrestling has been and will always be the red-headed, bastard step child of entertainment.

No matter how much Vince panders to the "mainstream", it'll never get the respect it deserves unfortunately.

According to the "mainstream", pro wrestling should keep to itself unless it's called upon to get laughed at, marginalized or vilified.

Oh, and fuck you Larry King.

·
54,736 Posts
He's not universally loved anymore. He's seen as a joke by a good number of folks, too. And rightfully so.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Lmfao no. Maybe by a couple posters like yourself. He literally does nothing wrong to be seen as a joke. If you can find something go ahead and post it

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've noticed a lot of people who make fun of WWE and what not now a days were fans back when it was "cool".

Now they have no problem making fun of those who do...

Often times when I'm ask them if they are fans or if they watch it...they are like..when i was a little kid I did...

i guess liking pro wrestling is something kids like...

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
Marv Albert kind of laughed when he read it.

Douche!

·
54,736 Posts
Kind of funny that Marv would laugh at WWE. Some folks think the NBA is officiated so terribly that it is just as pre-determined as WWE.

:ti

1 - 20 of 32 Posts