Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
Wrestle Kingdom 12 by a pretty considerable margin imo, had more consistently high quality matches and the main event didn't offend me with how bad it was.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Wrestle Kingdom 12 without a doubt. Much higher match quality, much better undercard as well. The structure of the card was better as well. It certainly helped that I watched WK live at 8 AM whereas I was watching WM live at 3 AM.

·
Waiting for Kawato
975 Posts
Hard to disagree with what Vegeta is saying. Had you asked this question after the Rousey match I might have thought we were heading for a competition, but it has got to be historic how fast and how hard that thing fell apart last night just when it should have started picking up.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
WrestleMania was a 7 hour show that felt like 20 hours, WrestleKingdom was about 5 hours that felt like only 3.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Wrestle kindom for sure. Roh event was better than mania. Mania is just hype and the product is horrible

·
Premium Member
44,064 Posts
Yeeeeeeah.

Wrestle Kingdom wins this one hands down.

Mania wasn't terrible, but WK was like the Netflix binge watching of Wrestling shows where almost every match got me amped up where as Mania had some things that worked, and some that didn't.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
That's like comparing The Godfather to Dude Where's My Car?

Now if you wanna compare NXT NO to WK12 that's a much better conversation. Again still a little tough cause WK is a marathon show while NXT is a sprint.

If you look at the top 3 matches of each it's a dead heat almost. But overall it's still WK cause of the sheer amount of content vs NXT.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Now if you compared Takeover to Wrestle Kingdom that is tough. However Mania? No contest Wrestle kingdom.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think Wrestlemania was rather solid with at least some good matches, though that was to be expected with the stacked card, but yeah overall have to go with WK too ;) .

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
I didn't think one show was better than the other, honestly, as both are doing very different things and so it makes the two very hard to compare.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
This is such an odd comparison... just because they're the two biggest in-scale wrestling events of the year, that doesn't make them comparable. WK is all about the wrestling, WM is more about pomp and circumstance. NXT Takeover NOLA would be a much better comparison to WK tbh.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Why is this a thread :kobe

Everyone knows WK was better. Heck I know and I didn't watch WK outside of some highlights. I mean come on, Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers was better than Wrestlemania and it wasn't even on WK!

I don't understand why people can't be fans of "wrestling", becuause NJPW and WWE are completely different companies, without the need for dick measuring exercises at every opportunity. MY LIKES ARE BETTER THAN YOUR LIKES.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts