Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Meant to update this thread ages ago but just a reminder the show is 3 weeks from today on 7/25. As of now we only know the main event of Shingo vs. Ibushi.

Honestly with everything happening recently my NJPW watching has fallen off. I hope that changes after this show but it honestly feels like they're kind of cool down mode until the G1 in September.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,968 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OP updated with Full Card:

IWGP World Heavyweight title: Shingo Takagi vs. Kota Ibushi
IWGP Tag Team titles: Tetsuya Naito and SANADA vs. Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr.)
Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb
IWGP Junior Heavyweight title: El Desperado vs. Robbie Eagles
IWGP Junior Tag Team titles: Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo vs. Rocky Romero and Ryusuke Taguchi
New Japan Ranbo battle royal for the KOPW 2021 trophy

·
Registered
752 Posts
F4W:

Kota Ibushi has been diagnosed with aspiration pneumonia and will miss the next three NJPW dates.

The website reported that in order to make a full in-ring recovery, he will miss the July 22 and 23 shows in Osaka, and July 24 in Nagoya. They also wrote that a final decision regarding Ibushi’s appearance at Wrestle Grand Slam, where he is slated to face Shingo Takagi for the IWGP World Heavyweight title, will be determined after assessing Ibushi’s recovery.

NJPW further explained that the pneumonia Ibushi is suffering from is not a side effect of a COVID-19 vaccination.

“Ibushi’s illness was originally reported as a result of side effects arising from his COVID-19 vaccination,” they explained. “Aspiration pneumonia has no connection to COVID vaccinations, and Ibushi’s illness is not a result of his inoculation. We apologise for any misunderstanding. Ibushi has also tested negative for COVID-19," they wrote.

Ibushi was slated to team with Master Wato against Shingo Takagi and BUSHI on all three dates he will now miss. Tomoaki Honma will replace him on all three shows.

The last time Ibushi wrestled was prior to the Summer Struggle tour, where he defeated Yota Tsuji in a singles match on July 2.
What if Kota won't be able to make the Tokyo Dome show?

Shingo Takagi doesnt really have any other properly build up challengers at the moment, so what if they would shock the world and kick the forbidden door wide open by having Kenny Omega filling in for Ibushi and main eventing Tokyo Dome with Takagi? I'm sure they could make fantastic buisness with it!!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Damn, that new title is really cursed. I hope Ibushi gets well soon and nothing bad happens to Shingo.
I've missed more than a month of NJPW shows so I don't exactly know what feuds are going on but Minoru Suzuki can always attack and beat the hell out of Shingo to set up a match for the title.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No Ibushi, Tana vs Shingo main event.

Chase Owens winning Ranbo from #1 was actually good to see, Yano and KOPW was getting stale so a nice Chang, hopefully.

Jr tag was enjoyable and fantastic match between Eagles vs Despy and holy **it at the ending and next Jr title match , didn't expect this.

Defiently has the feel of anything can happen at this show at the moment.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Throughly enjoyed Okada vs Cobb, LIJ vs Tekkers and Shingo vs Tana.

Next World title challenger was predictable due to previous challengers and currently injured list but can't wait. Tag title picture is definitely interesting and hoping we do get 3 way tag title next and hoping it actually main events a show to. Think it's Destruction next which is normally 2 or 3 nights so Tag title, Jr title and WHC title would be perfect for each night main event.

Still disappointed that there is no IC title currently as Okada would have perfect for IC currently. Cobb to and potentially Tachi post tag run.

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,968 Posts
Show sounds pretty good but also longggg. The tag match went 40? Jeez. I mean I'll probably find time to watch it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts