Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't expecting the roster to be this weak, the only guy there who seemed ready for a match was Ziggler and even that is a joke because he hasn't one an important match in such a long time...

They really need to bring some people in, cause this is very weak right now, also where was Cody?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The current roster is a disgrace.

I can't remember a time it was this weak..i really can't.
They do have tons of potential but WWE can't book for shit anymore, there's a lot of talent in the back not being used properly.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
doom mongers

This can only be a good thing for the roster if guys like Ziggler now get an opportunity to have world title matches, its only going to benefit him as he climbs up the roster and we then have another credible guy.

Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, HHH.
As well as all the potential returning stars for the 1000th episode.

Are all coming back in the near future.

What would be better however is lees squash matches and matches that mean fuck all.

We get it Ryback can squash 2 9 stone unknown jobber every week, give him a real opponent.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What bothers me is that they do push people but not the right way, we have sandow, cesaro, and even all undefeated and they don't bother putting them in the match, instead let's give it to the guy who hasnt had an important win in a long time, it just screams filler, just why not rely on the 4 above, at least they have momentum unlike the four they put out there...
It's just frustrating, they aren't even gonna bother to push these guys that haven't lost? Hell sin cara has more to offer then Ziggler in terms of winning. No one watches matches or bothers to when they know it is filler, or when they know the guy being booked is automatically going to lose...so much for things changing...

·
Administrator
59,124 Posts
Well that's what happens when you bury the mid-card for 4 plus years straight. Their formula has changed from future main-event guys flourishing in the mid-card first, to moving them straight to the main-event picture, and leaving mid-carders as mid-carders. Now they are seeing the effects.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The 3-hour format will expose the roster even more.

They're giving more time to the midcard as a result.

It's not all bad though, it will give the midcard guys the time they need to shine and step their game up.

Guys like Ziggler and Cody will take full advantage of this I'm sure.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
You could make an all star team from the guys that are injured and suspended.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doom mongers

This can only be a good thing for the roster if guys like Ziggler now get an opportunity to have world title matches, its only going to benefit him as he climbs up the roster and we then have another credible guy.

Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, HHH.
As well as all the potential returning stars for the 1000th episode.

Are all coming back in the near future.

What would be better however is lees squash matches and matches that mean fuck all.

We get it Ryback can squash 2 9 stone unknown jobber every week, give him a real opponent.
Yes it is a good thing, I am personally glad people like orton and del rio are gone at the moment because it makes the wwe try new things, only problem is dolph Ziggler is also another guy who needs to get out of the hunt for awhile, he's had at least 4 world title feuds already and he hasn't generated any more heat then he did in his past feuds, he's just not at that caliber yet, he had the same exact kind of match in back to back royal rumbles, so I'm not happy with there choice, I think it needs to be given to someone else, it's already a thrown away match, you might as well give it to someone else that the crowd hasn't seen before, or maybe pull off that bs 18 second win once again...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
WWE needs to buy out TNA and merge the rosters. Because at the moment, TNA has a better roster.
I agree that TNA has a better roster. However, the WWE has plenty of great wrestlers like Tyson Kidd, Hunico, McIntyre, and others who aren't being used properly. That's why the Raw Supershow is a bad idea and they should have kept the roster split.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
I don't feel the slightest bit bad for the company. They dug themselves into this hole by half-assing with the mid card and not building up any younger guys properly. The talent is there but the company seems to be too concerned with the main event to bother building up their mid card.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
As said it's a combination of not caring about the midcard and getting absolutely wracked with suspensions and injuries lately. That's never a good thing, but I feel like they had this coming. Now they have no choice but to elevate their talent.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I agree that TNA has a better roster. However, the WWE has plenty of great wrestlers like Tyson Kidd, Hunico, McIntyre, and others who aren't being used properly. That's why the Raw Supershow is a bad idea and they should have kept the roster split.
You mean the Tyson Kidd who doesn't have a personality, or any semblance of a gimmick? The one who for the last month has been straight-up jobbing to new talent? Sorry, Brye.

McIntyre is laughable at this point. I don't think they are going to be able to refuel his career. Losing streaks don't help wrestler's careers, just look at MVP.

I can see Hunico in the mid-card easily, as he can work a mic and is great in the ring. But, he needs to be re-packaged quick, fast, and in a hurry. His current gimmick will get him nowhere, and with carrying baggage like Camacho, not gonna end well.

My two cents.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
For all the people that wanted Sandow, Cesaro or Ryback.

Lets remember that it's obvious Sheamus is going to retain.. a defeat this soon for those wrestlers doesn't benefit them.Ziggler is the only one that can gain something for a Sheamus lose and that thing it's character progression in order to make him break up with Vickie because hes tired of losing and ends blaming her.

·
Banned
990 Posts
You mean the Tyson Kidd who doesn't have a personality, or any semblance of a gimmick? The one who for the last month has been straight-up jobbing to new talent? Sorry, Brye.

Yes he means Tyson Kidd

The guy that hasn't had any mic time on Raw or Smackdown to develop his character.

The guy who was putting on better matches on Superstars last year than anything we saw on Raw and Smackdown.

The guy who is one of the best pure wrestlers on the roster and given compliments by plenty of veterans

The guy who could easily get over as a face if booked in a proper feud or given time to wrestle.

Yes that guy.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yes he means Tyson Kidd

The guy that hasn't had any mic time on Raw or Smackdown to develop his character.

The guy who was putting on better matches on Superstars last year than anything we saw on Raw and Smackdown.

The guy who is one of the best pure wrestlers on the roster and given compliments by plenty of veterans

The guy who could easily get over as a face if booked in a proper feud or given time to wrestle.

Yes that guy.

He was given mic time on NXT multiple times, and never delivered. Always sounded monotone and generally just being un-interesting. You could say he was being a Randy Orton just to take the piss out of me, either way its true. Best pure wrestlers? I never said anything about his wrestling ability. I've said he is probably the best pound for pound wrestler in the WWE, and I fully know Daniel Bryan is still wrestling.

So yes, I am talking about the Tyson Kidd that can put on an absolute clinic in the ring. I am talking about the Tyson Kidd that many people with pull/credit have put over. I am also talking about the Tyson Kidd that is absolutely dead on the mic.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I doubt it but I really hope Christian showing up at the PPV was the start of something big. Both companies could use each other's help. Some of you don't realize how AWFUL the WWE's roster is right now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts