Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...oey-Ryan-Has-A-Camera-And-Youtube-Account.htm

-The first TNA Gutcheck contestant to earn a contract, Alex Silva, was originally not supposed to be hired.

He is currently training at Ohio Valley Wrestling, TNA's developmental territory. He hasn't been back on TV because he was initially scripted to lose, with Al Snow being the only judge to vote Yes.

Bruce Prichard and Flair were both supposed to vote No. Flair was so impressed with Silva's promo that he changed his vote to yes instead. Prichard was also impressed by Silva but caught off guard by Flair's move. He improvised and changed his vote as well. TNA could have re-shot the segment but thought it would have looked bad in front of the crowd so they just decided to hire him.

My reaction? That is just a dick move by flair. Can't believe he did that

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Re: Wow, Flair=unproffesional. He was supposed to say no to Silvia, but said yes anyw

So they're saying the Gutcheck segments can't be 'won', as it were? That's kinda disappointing.

·
"I wunna eat his children"
432 Posts
Re: Wow, Flair=unproffesional. He was supposed to say no to Silvia, but said yes anyw

You're a little late on this, kiddo. But are we surprised? It's Flair for fucks sake.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Eh, which is worse: hiring a guy you don't even want or reshooting one segment??

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

It all depends on who you want to believe. Meltzer or Alavrez said this wasn't true. Other people are saying it is. The problem is this article as a little flaw in it.

Alex Silva is not at OVW or TNA because is having visa issues. Weather he was scripted to lose or not wouldn't really matter at the moment.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts

Flair did say no , Silva cut the promo and Flair changer the vote

·
Registered
9,486 Posts

Makes sense seeing as he hasn't been on tv & the consensus was the more recent guy was better than Silva

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

Gut Check is a shoot segment, flair asked silva to make the promo of his life... the kid made it.
What's wrong with that? Maybe in the future TNA will have to thank flair for this.

·
Registered
708 Posts

Has to be the funniest story of the year so far in pro wrestling.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts

Gut Check is a shoot segment, flair asked silva to make the promo of his life... the kid made it.
What's wrong with that? Maybe in the future TNA will have to thank flair for this.
the promo sucked to be honest lol..

·
Registered
9,861 Posts

It all depends on who you want to believe. Meltzer or Alavrez said this wasn't true. Other people are saying it is. The problem is this article as a little flaw in it.

Alex Silva is not at OVW or TNA because is having visa issues. Weather he was scripted to lose or not wouldn't really matter at the moment.
Meltzer and Alvarez did say it wasn't true. They also pointed out that you need a majority vote to win the gut check challenge and Silvia already did with Prichard and Snow both voting yes.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts

Snow voted first & said yes, Flair voted 2nd and said no. Silva cut the promo & Flair grabbed the mic from Snow before he gave it to Pritchard & changed his vote to yes..Theb Pritchard basically admitted on the mic he was going to say no but changed to yes due to the promo

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

I doubt it's a shoot. I think it's scripted. I bet Alex Silva and Joey Ryan knew beforehand whether they would make the cut or not. TNA wouldn't leave talent hires to the whims of three "judges."

·
Registered
154 Posts

I think it was a move by Flair to get himself fired. He's bad mouthed TNA in the press, whilst under contract, bad mouthed TNA talent, no showed at events.. I think he's wanted to be released for a while, and this was the final straw.. probably wanted to return to WWE

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

I doubt it's a shoot. I think it's scripted. I bet Alex Silva and Joey Ryan knew beforehand whether they would make the cut or not. TNA wouldn't leave talent hires to the whims of three "judges."
Flair fucked up the segment because like in any other reality show the last judge is the one that decides everything. It's either yes-no or no-yes, then comes the "drama".

Flair said no, then al snow said yes...
Prichard would be the one with the last word but flair changed his mind right after silva ended his promo resulting in a yes-yes, there was no point in brother love even saying anything.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

I think it was a move by Flair to get himself fired. He's bad mouthed TNA in the press, whilst under contract, bad mouthed TNA talent, no showed at events.. I think he's wanted to be released for a while, and this was the final straw.. probably wanted to return to WWE
I tend to agree with this, and if true its not a good move by Flair. He can't exactly afford to burn bridges at this stage. What if the WWE run fails to happen, or comes and goes with nobody caring? He might need a job with TNA in a few years, and they would rightly be reluctant to bring him back.

Flair should hang out and party with Joe Namath.

·
Registered
895 Posts

The screwed up segment with Alex Silva is what made TNA create this angle with Joey Ryan, since he was probably supposed to get the yes by all 3 judges.
Alex Silva didnt impress me, but he is young and might change our opinion, who knows.
They can just release him, i dont what the big deal is, when Daniel Puder won TE, he didnt even got the whole winning paycheck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.