Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good long showing against Orton this week while being on tv each week on top of that. Is management seeing something in him?

·
Likes wrestling....
10,842 Posts
English is great, but the problem is that once a guy goes comedic Vince rarely lets him go to the top......I don't understand it myself because Angle had a lot of comedy to his career, but for whatever reason once a guy gets a comedy tag like Santino no matter how much the fans pop for them it is a no where proposition. I hope I am wrong here and English is reinvented.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
English is great, but the problem is that once a guy goes comedic Vince rarely lets him go to the top......I don't understand it myself because Angle had a lot of comedy to his career, but for whatever reason once a guy gets a comedy tag like Santino no matter how much the fans pop for them it is a no where proposition. I hope I am wrong here and English is reinvented.
To be fair, I don't think any of us wants to see English go to the top. He is perfect where he is now. We'll see if he can go further in the future but for now, I don't see it.

Also, Jinder Mahal has proven that theory wrong(as he has proven many things wrong.)

·
Likes wrestling....
10,842 Posts
To be fair, I don't think any of us wants to see English go to the top. He is perfect where he is now. We'll see if he can go further in the future but for now, I don't see it.

Also, Jinder Mahal has proven that theory wrong(as he has proven many things wrong.)
Well touche' Mahal is the fly in the ointment.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
I have always been a proud supporter of my man. He's would be a better champion than that Gynder Trasharaja in every imaginable way.

Now, please show some appreciation for, THE MAESTRO OF MAYHEM, THE PICASSO OF PAIN, THE BEETHOVEN OF BARITONE, THE REMBRANDT OF RAGE...

THE DRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMA KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
I wonder if they'll have his name shortened to "Aiden" as a part of the budget cut lol.

·
HEADBANGA
25,277 Posts
We need some fresh lower card/mid card heels and English is a perfect fit for that role. If Mike Kanelis wasn't doing rehab, English probably wouldn't be having as much TV time as he has now so good for him.

·
Premium Member
17,716 Posts
It's very unique that WWE has a staple jobber and allows them to get their character across. This is good long term, to the point I'm surprised WWE is doing it.

Smackdown did the same with Heath Slater. Made him a jobber but allowed him mic time and to get across a character. Aiden is a jobber, but he's a defined character who is given enough time to be seen and remembered. I think Smackdown is great in this regard and I'm happy for Aiden. It's not a burial for his jobber status.

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
I've enjoyed Aiden's solo gimmick. I think he makes hilarious and obnoxious facial expressions and draws heat with his annoying singing. I hope he gets some opportunities against AJ for the US title. If they keep bringing Aiden on slowly he has a chance to really get over as a heel. It's always refreshing to see underrated wrestlers get a push especially when they have been perpetually booked as jobbers.

Same thing with Elias who I think has a much higher ceiling than Aiden. He has a great look and gimmick and he's also getting much better in the ring. I'd like to see Elias win the IC title and I'm annoyed that Jason Jordan is getting the match against The Miz instead of him. I love his catchphrase too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts