Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems WWE want to set up a face turn for David Otunga with all the frictions between him and Barrett, but isn't it kinda weird that the person has to be Otunga? I mean, i like Otunga and all, he's done his part well as the guy who's continously having friction with Barrett, i kinda sympathize for the guy, he's really great at showing his emotion, but i don't think this is a good idea for the long run because when he finally breaks up from the group i can't expect him to have a great showdown with each member of the Nexus in the ring, this mega face turn would have benefitted someone else more, that's why i think Justin Gabriel would have been a better guy in Otunga's shoes right now because he's simply an overall better talent than Otunga and he will get a major rub from breaking up with Nexus once he goes solo as a face. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just because heels split up doesn't mean one of them will end up as a face all the time. Otunga can still leave Nexus as a heel.
Yeah i know, my initial post was only based solely on my assumption, but it seems they will go with a face-turn route because it'll be logical if he breaks up as a face after being treated so badly by Barrett, of course he will have to be a face if he wants to get revenge on him, right?

·
Registered
14,223 Posts
Or he could just walk out on Barrett. For example, let's say Barrett is defending the WWE Championship in a TLC Match against Cena & Randy Orton (which will most likely happen), all the other Nexus members are down and Otunga is about to help Barrett but instead walks out and Barrett ends up losing the belt. Sure he will get a pop from the crowd but he can still do something the next night that confirms that he is still a heel.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or he could just walk out on Barrett. For example, let's say Barrett is defending the WWE Championship in a TLC Match against Cena & Randy Orton (which will most likely happen), all the other Nexus members are down and Otunga is about to help Barrett but instead walks out and Barrett ends up losing the belt. Sure he will get a pop from the crowd but he can still do something the next night that confirms that he is still a heel.
It makes sense but i think it will be waste if he still stays heel because a face turn will likely benefit him more, without Nexus it will be more difficult for him to gain heat. Crowds will sympathize for him after he breaks up from Nexus and WWE should capitalize on that, with the crowds support it will give Otunga an easier job to build his character as a face because the crowds's perception on him will be that he's turned into a 'good guy'.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It makes sense but i think it will be waste if he still stays heel because a face turn will likely benefit him more, without Nexus it will be more difficult for him to gain heat. Crowds will sympathize for him after he breaks up from Nexus and WWE should capitalize on that, with the crowds support it will give Otunga an easier job to build his character as a face because the crowds's perception on him will be that he's turned into a 'good guy'.
Dont worry dude I get what your saying.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Great points here for the original thread starter. Gabriel does seem like the more likely candidate to leave from Nexus. He has a finishing move that pretty much screams "face". Not to mention every time he goes to hit the 450 it seems as though he has regrets. Send him off to Smackdown, and pair him up with Kofi. Those two would make a solid "face" tag team.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
My take on the situation is that it's Otunga's ego that is leading to the friction - meaning it could be a split with both remaining Heel.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Didn't Wade say that if Otunga acted up then he'd (basically) feel the wrath of Nexus? Ya' know, the whole "you're either Nexus or against us" thing and that's why Otunga didn't leave this week, because Wade brought in Harris & McGuillicuty to intimidate him out of leaving.

If he leaves he'll either disappear, get beaten down and turn face or go to Smackdown. If he leaves Nexus and stays on Raw he's got to be a part of the fight back.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I really hope Otunga doesn't go face. To hear even 10 people cheering his entrance would be tragic.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
otunga will never be face, noone wants to cheer a whiny bitch who is only there because of his wife

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
He won't turn face if/when he leaves Nexus. Nobody cares enough about him to cheer him, it would just be embarassing. (Unless he goes to Smackdown where the gods of editing can help him out. ;))

Nah. He'll remain heel, go back to his "A list" gimmick and just bitch and brag about how he's better off without Nexus anyway. Done.

·
Registered
975 Posts
if turning Otunga face was the case (which I highly doubt) the reason they're doing it with him and not Gabriel is bc Gabriel can't talk for shit. He looks and sounds nervous literally every time he speaks, so they prob don't have faith in him yet to send him on his own. Eventually, when Nexus splits, he will be face, but this time in the group will hopefully allow him to develop more. Otunga sucks as well, though, so I don't see it happening to either of them.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i'd like to see them try and turn him face just to see what the crowd would do.

this guy was the #1 heat magnet in NXT, and he still rivals Barretts heat. how they could just turn that, i'd like to see them try.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why You say that for?? His wife is Jennifer Hudson an Over Rated Singer...
Erm, say what you will about Otunga but i think his wife is a really great singer :p. Her music is actually not my cup of tea but she certainly can sing.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
she has a good Voice but her songs are just Horrible..
Well i tend to agree with you there, i never dig any of her songs tbh, but i can admit that she has talent. Too bad her husband doesn't even have an ounce of it inside the wrestling ring, lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well i tend to agree with you there, i never dig any of her songs tbh, but i can admit that she has talent. Too bad her husband doesn't even have an ounce of it inside the wrestling ring, lol.
Thats the truth about Otunga, Also his Voice doesnt match his Look...He sounds like a little Girl..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts