Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the arena with the entrance, the colors, old guardrails, and whatever else I left off. Personally I really liked the old RAW letters and the old Titantron without a ramp, and the whole set up. I used to like Black and Red a lot, but honestly I'm so tired of the colors especially how prominent they are on RAW now, and really wish WWE would finally come up with a new damn logo. I miss the old logo so much, and it just seemed more important than some scratch art a moron could draw. If there were things you didn't like what would you keep and what would you get rid of from tonight?

It's sexual baby!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I am in favor of anything that's entertaining. The look is merely cosmetic, and soon we'd be making threads asking for the PG era look back. The real issue is how watered down the product is. Call it PG, call it PC, call it VD, I don't give a shit. The bottom line is that they have shown tonight the E can be very "over" and a lot more entertaining than it's been for a long time; doesn't matter if the refs wear bow-ties or zebra stripes or Otunga speedos. Better content is what I'm in really favor of.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
With the advances of HD they can't realistically go back to the old set. But I do believe, as I have for a while, that they should use some variation of the classic logo. Tonight only solidified that feeling in my mind. It not only looks fantastic, I think it fits the product better than the scratch logo.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
The look contributed so much and it would be awesome to see it every week. Such a nostalgic feel for us older viewers and I think overall it looks more attractive.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
no chance in hell!! the guardrail looks 10 times better padded the ropes make the ring look twice as small the raw logo was way to big. id like to go back to the set 2002 era

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
It looked great tonight imo. Just the way things looked, it was incredible to watch the show. Maybe change a few things like guard rails but the way the arena looked, it looked smaller and the fans looked really into it . When you look at wrestling today, it doens't seem that way now. If they did that same set each and every week I'd love it. The new sets suck , im all for change but they suck

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I'd rather they just change the new set to something better

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Yes I would love it. It's a million times better than the over exaggerated crap they have today.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I much prefer it, my favourite Raw set of all time, very retro, but that's The New Generation set, smarter to keep the new one, more attractive to the non-viewers, IF people are to come and watch WWE for the first time, little things like that. And the HD set suits this era, so keep it as it is.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I prefer the new one. It's alot easyer on the eyes , the old one just screams fake...

·
Registered
208 Posts
No. I absolutely loved it and thought it looked great last night, but that's where it needs to stay. The only thing I'd take from last night into future shows is to stop using the colored lighting effect that makes the entire audience red on RAW and blue on Smackdown. I hate that crap.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes. The red, white, and blue ropes, the guardrail, the blue steps, etc. were part of what drew me into wrestling in the first place... as a kid! Kids LOVE a lot of color and the old school set brings back memories for the adult fans like myself. But I doubt they will go back to it on a full time basis unfortunately.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
RAW 2006 set up I'd be all for.

No. I absolutely loved it and thought it looked great last night, but that's where it needs to stay. The only thing I'd take from last night into future shows is to stop using the colored lighting effect that makes the entire audience red on RAW and blue on Smackdown. I hate that crap.
Fuck yes. I've been bothered by this for a while, dimming the crowd down with the abundance of red and blue colors really shits me. Light the crowd up, dont put them in shadows.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I support more Sexual Chocolate!

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I'm never a supporter of going back to the past to find your identity. You gotta change iwth the times and move forward. Going back to the old look, to me, would just give off the impression that they don't know where to go from here.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts