Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall I don't think TNA protected him enough and hes back to where he was prior to his title win in 09. Its as if TNA gave him the "Punk" treatment if you know what I mean. Maybe TNA gave him the legends belt to make him at least look "somewhat" good but we all know how credible the legends title is as of now. You guys think we'll ever see a title win from him in the near future? Or does TNA have to build him back up again like they did in 09?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
He needs to be a strong heel and then turn face to feud with Hardy.
I agree with exactly what you say, I think AJ is getting stronger week by week as a heel. He is definitely a lot better then in january when he turned @ genesis. I do enjoy him as a heel and I think eventually when he turns face, it will be pretty awesome.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with exactly what you say, I think AJ is getting stronger week by week as a heel. He is definitely a lot better then in january when he turned @ genesis. I do enjoy him as a heel and I think eventually when he turns face, it will be pretty awesome.
AJ just needs to ditch Flair imo. Be his "own" heel if you know what I mean. Hes already dropped the robe, and hes got his old pyro and song back so thats a good start. Actually you know I don't really mind Flair but he needs to be more what he was to Triple H back in the Evolution days. Too much of the spotlight is on Flair especially when it comes to Fourtune.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not until he breaks away from Flair and develops his own character. I don't think he's capable of ever reaching that level, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
He's currently not, but he's a former TNA WHC and got more titles then anyone else in TNA history (including Angle and Jarret) so he's bound to be able to get back credibillity whenever he wants. Actually he's beeing kinda protected in matches aswell as he pretty much always wins.

·
Premium Member
13,799 Posts
He's around the Jericho/Punk level. Not really a main eventer, but does not look out of place when he gets the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
From the beginning, AJ has been solidified as being the true face of TNA and has gotten over with TNA fans as such, so much like Jericho in the WWE, he can believably bounce back and forth from mid card to main event. So personally, I believe he is in fact a main eventer in TNA, just currently not in the main event picture.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
He's around the Jericho/Punk level. Not really a main eventer, but does not look out of place when he gets the opportunity.
Close but he's more like Jericho than Punk

He can wrestle in the main event one week and job in the mid card the next

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think he is in wrestling today. When I think Main eventer, I think of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Vader and Ric Flair. Is what he should be is a guy that can wrestle anyone and put on a great match. It does not matter if he is in the main event. When Benoit, Mysterio, Saturn and Guerrero left WCW it died. Better yet when Russo came and they stopped wrestling it died. Styles is one of those guys, that is more of a honor then the main event.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Would you still consider AJ a "Main Eventer"?

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2010

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling :

NWA World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

TNA X Division Championship (6 times)
TNA Legends/Global/Television Championship (2 times, current)

NWA World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Jerry Lynn (1), Abyss (1), and Christopher Daniels (2)
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Tomko

First TNA Triple Crown Champion (4 times)
First TNA Grand Slam Champion (2 times)

And by the way, his last World Title reign was pretty good IMO and he's always improving as a heel. I used to really love him as a heel in the Christian Coalition :)

He's also only 32 years old. So yeah I would still consider him a main eventer...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Just held the belt for a long ass time, but just like I feared theres to many guys taking HIS camera time in Fortune.

He's gotta leave when RVD or Anderson turns heel.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Would you still consider AJ a "Main Eventer"?

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2010

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling :

NWA World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
TNA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

TNA X Division Championship (6 times)
TNA Legends/Global/Television Championship (2 times, current)

NWA World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Jerry Lynn (1), Abyss (1), and Christopher Daniels (2)
TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Tomko

First TNA Triple Crown Champion (4 times)
First TNA Grand Slam Champion (2 times)

And by the way, his last World Title reign was pretty good IMO and he's always improving as a heel. I used to really love him as a heel in the Christian Coalition :)

He's also only 32 years old. So yeah I would still consider him a main eventer...
Hell yeaah thats it !

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Yes, in the same way I consider Jericho to be one. He may not actually be in main-event matches a lot of the time but he can be slotted in there with relatively little build.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts