Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
probably one of the biggest travesties in WWE history, so much potential that they wasted, he definitely had a high ceiling

·
Registered
14,235 Posts
I'd have liked to have seen more of him playing other character types before giving that sort of judgement.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
No. Pretty racist to be honest. He's of arabic descent so they make him act like a terrorist. Kinda boring to be honest. WWE takes things too far to be honest with the stereotypes. I rather people just be themselves turned up to 110.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Pretty sure he's not of Arabic descent.
w/e he's brown so they made him a terrorist lmao. It's too easy to get heat when you play up the fears of people. It's cheap heat. I don't buy into it, I dont like it. In my opinion a good heel gets heat organically by just being easy to hate. So I would say no he is not a good heel at least in my opinion. Sure he got a lot of heat but it was easy heat, cheap heat because of the gimmick. It was not really earned.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I would say he played his character well, he had a good look and he did a good job. Would I say he is a great heel, no. Cheap heat is still cheap heat.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Yeah, he actually has an Italian father.

I liked him and he played his character well but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
No WWE made him play a terrorist, which pissed off and offended a lot of people. They forced him off television, ruined his image and screwed up his wrestling career. WWE screwed him with a gimmick that was in very bad taste. Then again WWE don't know how to draw the line. The dude was forced to retire out of wrestling lmao.

·
Future Hall of Famer
2,341 Posts
No WWE made him play a terrorist, which pissed off and offended a lot of people. They forced him off television, ruined his image and screwed up his wrestling career. WWE screwed him with a gimmick that was in very bad taste. Then again WWE don't know how to draw the line. The dude was forced to retire out of wrestling lmao.
Well, couldn't he just have started in the Indies again with a different gimmick :shrug And I also don't think he was contracted forever to WWE. Last year or 2017 he actually had a match again as Muhammad Hassan.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Well, couldn't he just have started in the Indies again with a different gimmick :shrug And I also don't think he was contracted forever to WWE. Last year or 2017 he actually had a match again as Muhammad Hassan.
Damage was done and he did not want to wrestle in high school basketball gyms I assume. Yeah he did come back, but that's a decade later. Wrestling is exposed and everyone knows it's a work by now. People don't care about gimmicks.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No. Pretty racist to be honest. He's of arabic descent so they make him act like a terrorist. Kinda boring to be honest. WWE takes things too far to be honest with the stereotypes. I rather people just be themselves turned up to 110.
Just lol

41 - 56 of 56 Posts