Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in turn causing the WWE Championship to play a headlining/main event role again and give it back some kind of 'prestige'?

but is it even possible to have Cena feud with anyone holding the title anymore? Is he permanently 'above' it?

·
"I wunna eat his children"
432 Posts
Nope. Nada. Not even. Not a chance. Neggy. Naw. Fuck no. :)

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Your signature explains why today they have gone back to the the superhero past. :no:

But on topic I agree I mean CM Punk and Sheamus are shitting on both titles right now, maybe Cena can fix that. I don't know.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hulk Hogan lost the title to Ultimate Warrior, was "injured" by Earthquake, and took months off which allowed for Warrior to take the reigns and remain center stage. His feud with Rick Rude for the world title was their #1 program. When Hogan returned at Summerslam, his match with Earthquake was not the main event. The world title feud was still booked above all. They didn't lose anything by not having Hogan in the main event. He was already a living icon. As long as he remain protected, he was always going to be viewed as a legitimate main eventer... even if he wasn't technically in the main event. Mind you they didn't exactly adhere to that philosophy when it came to Wrestlemania VIII, but a lot of that had to do with the fact that many believed it to be Hogan's last match in the WWF at the time.

Cena is absolutely "above" the title. But that doesn't make it alright for the WWE to book him as such.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Nope. I would rather them treat the WWE Championship like it actually matters, regardless of who has it.

I don't mind Cena headlining PPVs against guys like The Rock and Brock Lesnar, but him Main Eventing No Way Out against fucking Big Show for the 1000th time, the WWE Title should Main Event.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cena is only 'above' the title as he is continually being booked that way. The WWE title scene is meant to be the main event matches and storylines. Just over a year ago, there was a lot of us that wanted CM Punk to become to WWE champion as we wanted a new face of the company. Well we got part of it right, basically they gave him the title but just slipped that title down the card whilst Cena stayed above. Now don't get me wrong i do like Cena. But i feel that he needs to take a backseat for a while. No i dont think he should have the title placed on him.

I know ive strayed from the point a bit, but if the WWE had even at the very least had him take a break after Extreme Rules, we could have had Punk have his shot at being the main event but they would rather have Cena throw around "Mr Wrestlemania" Michael Cole and pour bbq sauce over him and beat Laurenitis up (that was pretty funny), but not a ME match. And this Big Show match at NWO is boring, regardless how much they build him to be a wrecking machine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your signature explains why today they have gone back to the the superhero past. :no:
off topic but I wish Vince would come out and say something similar to 00:48-1:08 on his RAW appearance next week.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree Cena definitely needs to take a backseat. But can the company afford him to?

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
I'd rather see Cena back with the title. At least have him feud with a mid card guy and eventually lose the belt to them, maybe DB or Ziggler can be that guy. It would benefit a guy more if he defeats someone of Cena's caliber for the belt, rather than win it off Punk, who doesn't have the star power or is established enough to actually get a guy over.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Might as well. John Cena = ratings, and it's important to have your biggest draw represent your company as champ. People will argue that CM Punk's run has been a failure so far. John Cena is a proven to be a great champion countless times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Punk may not garner TV ratings, but the live crowds love him.
I'm sick of Cena in the main event pucture, with, or without the title.
I can't wait until Ziggler gets his push. Too bad they fucked up The Miz..

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
It would be amusing to watch someone else with the belt be tossed at the 10pm timeslot, have the ratings stay exactly the same and watch the people who currently blame CM Punk for the ratings break their neck flip flopping to lay blame on that person instead.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hell no put Cena on vacation for about a year and let someone else fully take the reigns.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Why yes I would because I have stock in the WWE and want their ratings to boost.

Oh, wait! No I don't and I want the WWE title to be held and challenged by the two most talented guys on the roster!

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Hell no. He doesn't need it at all. They can keep the title on Punk for the next two years for all I care.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No he doesn't need it, the Wwe is all about trying to push and establish new stars, which all the idiots on these sites bitch about. giving it back to cena just defys the whole point. If the Wwe had a set of balls they'd main event punk (or whoever the wwe champ is) on every singgle raw, and PPV, and they wonder why people have turned off the wwe, everybody is sick of it all being about Cena. You can't make new stars or faces of the wwe or guys to take over the company if ur not prepared to give them that chance to prove themselfs. whilst cena is there noone will ever get a huge push, and when he leaves the wwe wont have anybody. they're digging their own grave.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts