Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Nexus vs. Corre

Votes: 15 71.4%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nexus (CM Punk) feud with Randy Orton or with The Corre.

I'm a little torn because this means a feud with a former champion and could mean some awesome build up between CM Punk and Orton, but if Nexus takes on Corre I feel it could build up a bit of a well needed midcard with the teams of Nexus and Corre actually getting some wrestling time as well while Punk and Wade Barrett have a feud that pits two awesome (hopeful) main eventers trying to outdo one another in beating down the other team. It's something that can at times make tweeners. It seems like there's no real unsatiable competitive drive in feuds not involving a title and this would be a way to induce one. You'd actually hopefully have decent tag matches (I mean in the sense that no one will just get squashed or predictably win (hopefully). And who knows, we might even see.....oh my god....a six man tag team match!

I actually can't remember the last six man tag team match I saw.

If Nexus stays focused on Randy Orton you just have a bunch of group attacks and Orton beating down Nexus one by one, but at the same time this also allows Barrett to go after the world heavyweight title...or the Undertaker...

Though I sincerely hope they don't have Randy Orton and the Corre vs. Nexus. That makes Barrett a second fiddle to Orton subsequently making Zeke third fiddle (They claim to be equal but come on, really) and so on. That also puts two "main eventers" on Corre and only CM Punk on Nexus. You have an interesting dynamic in Zeke vs. Mason, but after that it just becomes "guys from Nexus" vs. "guys from Corre" And I just doubt anyone will really establish themselves.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I could go for some heel-on-heel action myself. I think it could really get the crowd interested, with people deciding which faction to put their chips behind. I say book a Corre vs. Nexus match at Elimination Chamber, because that card isn't looking so hot otherwise. Maybe have Cena in as guest referee or just have him and half of the rest of the locker room show up halfway through the match and turn it into a brawl. I think the crowd would like to see that, the rest of the superstars interfering in their matches for a change to turn the tables on the factions and interfere in their match for a change.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I've been wanting a Punk/Orton feud for a while now. It's a shame the Nexus lackeys have to be involved, but it's better than nothing I guess.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been wanting a Punk/Orton feud for a while now. It's a shame the Nexus lackeys have to be involved, but it's better than nothing I guess.

I know right? Punk/Orton sounds like it could be awesome. If Legacy was still together and they had Dibiase/Rhodes take on Mcgillicutty/Otunga/Mason/Harris (A combo of the two, not all four) it might have been an interesting little feud. Orton vs. 5 though? Ehhhh....

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
orton vs nexus .... let nexus and corre build up some momentum for a while, then collide - maybe in a world title vs HV title match (punk vs barret)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Nexus Black and Yellow vs Nexus Wolfpac.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
CM Punk will never win a fued against Randy Orton, never, not even with the help of Nexus, in the end just like with Cena, Orton will be victorious, this shit gets old fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I could go for some heel-on-heel action myself. I think it could really get the crowd interested, with people deciding which faction to put their chips behind. I say book a Corre vs. Nexus match at Elimination Chamber, because that card isn't looking so hot otherwise. Maybe have Cena in as guest referee or just have him and half of the rest of the locker room show up halfway through the match and turn it into a brawl. I think the crowd would like to see that, the rest of the superstars interfering in their matches for a change to turn the tables on the factions and interfere in their match for a change.
I could go for a little Nexus / Corre at the Chamber. But come on now, do we REALLY wanna see another match between them with John Cena as the ref? They need to shift away from Cena because he clearly has nothing left to prove against the Nexus. Unfortunately if they did that, it would free him up for another title run. Yawn... Cena wins and holds it forever...

·
Registered
694 Posts
I rather see Nexus Vs Orton. It makes for good tv. You have CM Punk who acts like a cult leader and Orton who is delusional. That makes for a good feud. I'd rather see that than Cena cracking jokes and saying CM Sucks every chance he gets. I think Nexus Vs Corre would be good but that would only get the fans to cheer CM Punk and I don't think the WWE wants that. They're trying to make him into a top heel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i jus want to see Orton punt Otunga then read Otunga has been sent packing

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I'd prefer Punk/Orton, I'm interested by it. Plus I want the Corre doing something to establish themeselves, not playing with the SES.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I could go for a little Nexus / Corre at the Chamber. But come on now, do we REALLY wanna see another match between them with John Cena as the ref? They need to shift away from Cena because he clearly has nothing left to prove against the Nexus. Unfortunately if they did that, it would free him up for another title run. Yawn... Cena wins and holds it forever...
I was suggesting that as I'd rather see Cena in as a ref or just interfering rather than him having an actual match against either of these guys again. I don't mind seeing them clash considering history between the bunch, and I certainly don't want to see any more meaningless Cena main event matches for a while. The TLC finale comes to mind.

Jam him in as guest referee in a no-DQ match between the Corre and Nexus at Elimination Chamber or something. That should give the fans their fill of him, at least until Raw the next day.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
These two ideas sound mouth watering but Punk/Orton interests me more, you can't go wrong with two supposed psychopaths trying to beat the crap out of each other.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I voted Nexus v Corre, just because I think Punk would go over. If this happens, we run the risk of seeing a CM Punk v Barrett match which would rely on Punk carrying Wade to a good proformance, so I hope it's Gabriel who has the matches v CM Punk and Barrett who does all the mic work.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Nexus vs Corre, because Randy Orton is a fucking goof who can't put in a decent performance to save his life and has no business going over the best talent in the WWE, much less at the biggest show of the year. Wade Barrett can actually hang with Punk on the mic and give a pretty good build up to WrestleMania. Punk has been carrying enough garbage like Jeff Hardy, Otunga, Hennig jr, Harris, etc, that he could use a break and work a program with somebody who actually knows what they're doing for once.

Punk and Barrett actually should have been in their respective WM main event title matches and we shouldn't even be having this discussion, but alas, it was not to be.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
vs Corre, has the faction dynamic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts