Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
I'm not the first person to point out that AEW has too many titles, but FTR are the prime example of why it's problematic: increased championships make it impossible to determine the hierarchy of stars. What's more important, the All-Atlantic championship or the TNT title? What about the Ring of Honor belts? Where do they fit in? Since FTR have three sets of titles, are they better than the Acclaimed? The same? Not as good? If they're so great and can win so many titles, why don't they just go beat the s*** out of the Acclaimed and take theirs as well?

These are questions you do not want your audience asking. The audience should roughly be able to arrange the characters in order of star power and importance, with your world champion and contenders at the top and pure jobbers at the bottom. If they can't do that, something is wrong.

Yes. For the love of Jesus, yes. Get rid of the lot of them bastard belts that don’t have AEW on them.

Same with Joe, whoever the “pure” champion is these days, the Ocho, and anyone else with anything AAA or NJPW related.

I think it would definitely get them more air time if they dropped their other belts and focused on their company's belts instead of other company's. Maybe that's why they're not featured as much.

What do you think?
As someone who watches those other promotions, I'd say no. Also, one of those 3 companies they have the tag titles from is owned by Tony Khan, so I don't think that has anything to do with anything... It's not like they're off running around the world either. They literally just went to Japan for the first time about a month ago to defend their IWGP titles, and as far as I know they haven't been to Mexico pretty much all year.

I think it’s the other way around. I think FTR wants to be on AEW TV holding the AEW tag titles, but because they don’t plan to resign then Tony prefers to use the titles to get over the AEW talent who will be staying with the product.

Meanwhile he can lend out a top US tag team to multiple other promotions to improve those working relationships, while FTR is still getting to accrue some consolation titles and accolades despite being blocked from the AEW titles.

It does sort of seem like FTR may not be re-signing. They lost clean to The Acclaimed and I think they are gonna drop the ROH belts this weekend. Maybe back to WWE or an extended run in NJPW?
Nah just got caught with some dumb luck and lost to a roll up.

Seems like they will lose to the Briscoes on Saturday and come out of it being a bit down/dejected having lost 2 in a row. That will further be compounded when they lose on 1/4 in Japan and come home without those straps too. Possibly even a TV loss to the Gunns upcoming as they have been teasing a match....

They will begin to turn it around in February leading to a rematch with The Acclaimed at Revolution. It's another 50/50 booking where they can get their win back and then have a run with the AEW tag straps through at least All Out. Yes, I expect them to resign with AEW.

I also think they could turn in winning the straps back but the story can also successfully have them win a as baby faces without hurting The Acclaimed.

Nah just got caught with some dumb luck and lost to a roll up.

Seems like they will lose to the Briscoes on Saturday and come out of it being a bit down/dejected having lost 2 in a row. That will further be compounded when they lose on 1/4 in Japan and come home without those straps too. Possibly even a TV loss to the Gunns upcoming as they have been teasing a match....

They will begin to turn it around in February leading to a rematch with The Acclaimed at Revolution. It's another 50/50 booking where they can get their win back and then have a run with the AEW tag straps through at least All Out. Yes, I expect them to resign with AEW.

I also think they could turn in winning the straps back but the story can also successfully have them win a as baby faces without hurting The Acclaimed.
Maybe. I'm a big fan of FTR so I hope they stay

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.