Wrestling Forum banner

Would you rather FTR drop their other belts and focus on the AEW belts?

2K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  kingfunkel 
#1 ·
I think it would definitely get them more air time if they dropped their other belts and focused on their company's belts instead of other company's. Maybe that's why they're not featured as much.

What do you think?

#14 ·
I don't mind because I watch other promotions and have seen FTR put on some great matches there. But for people who just watch AEW/WWE, I can understand them wanting FTR focused only on the AEW tag belts. At the same time, this has been the breakout year for The Acclaimed so in a sense letting FTR spread their wings hasn't been a bad thing, as they would've been in secondary feuds anyway. It's allowed the top act in AEW, their best merchandise sellers of 2022, to become stars. If FTR do stay, then nothing is stopping 2023 from being their year to win the AEW Tag Title again.

FTR's ROH Tag Title reign has seen two of the best tag matches I've seen against the Briscoes. It's a shame the Briscoes are barred from AEW by Warner as that series happening before more eyes would've meant a lot.

FTR's IWGP Tag Title reign has seen one of the best matches I've seen against Aussie Open.

#16 ·
I think a proper FTR and Bucks feud is coming in 2023, which would explain why they held off on the rubber match, have kept FTR busy with other work, and allowed Acclaimed time in the spotlight.

2023 is the year of a tag title main event.

#5 ·
I'd like to see them get the Bucks in the ring and start working extremely stiff. That being said, The Acclaimed are pretty over at the moment, and the Bucks and Kenny are busy with their playground trios matches.

#7 ·
FTR are pussies. They talked all that shit about “a real fight” on the Cucknette Podcast when they were coming into AEW, then they did a goddamn “History of Tag Team” wrestling montage the moment they got in a ring with The Bucks.

All talk…

#15 ·
One last thought about FTR: I know I’m not the only one who remembers how many fans were crying about The Lucha Bros and Proud and Powerful being booked like shit in early AEW, because The Bucks were somehow scared someone else would be more over than them.

Right? @LifeInCattleClass , I’m sure you can correct me if I am misremembering.

#17 ·
nope, you remember it well

when the bucks put people over nobody said boo, and when they won it was like the crucified someone

i remember TK once said he had to put his foot down and forced the YB to win a feud - cause he spent so much money on them xD

but they are scared of losing their spot, yup yup yup yup yup

#21 ·
I'm not the first person to point out that AEW has too many titles, but FTR are the prime example of why it's problematic: increased championships make it impossible to determine the hierarchy of stars. What's more important, the All-Atlantic championship or the TNT title? What about the Ring of Honor belts? Where do they fit in? Since FTR have three sets of titles, are they better than the Acclaimed? The same? Not as good? If they're so great and can win so many titles, why don't they just go beat the s*** out of the Acclaimed and take theirs as well?

These are questions you do not want your audience asking. The audience should roughly be able to arrange the characters in order of star power and importance, with your world champion and contenders at the top and pure jobbers at the bottom. If they can't do that, something is wrong.

#37 ·
Nah just got caught with some dumb luck and lost to a roll up.

Seems like they will lose to the Briscoes on Saturday and come out of it being a bit down/dejected having lost 2 in a row. That will further be compounded when they lose on 1/4 in Japan and come home without those straps too. Possibly even a TV loss to the Gunns upcoming as they have been teasing a match....

They will begin to turn it around in February leading to a rematch with The Acclaimed at Revolution. It's another 50/50 booking where they can get their win back and then have a run with the AEW tag straps through at least All Out. Yes, I expect them to resign with AEW.

I also think they could turn in winning the straps back but the story can also successfully have them win a as baby faces without hurting The Acclaimed.

#3 ·
I think it would definitely get them more air time if they dropped their other belts and focused on their company's belts instead of other company's. Maybe that's why they're not featured as much.

What do you think?
I’d suggest they focus on requesting Tag Team matches from Tony Khan for their airtime instead of goddamn dream matches against Bryan Danielson, all in an effort to cosplay Bret Hart, but I don’t see an end in sight for that. Sooo…

The Bucks forced Dax to ask for that Bryan dream match of his…

“Look Ma! I’m on tv! Hey pa! Pa!!! I’m Bret Hart! Ha-yuck, ha-yuck!!”

#6 ·

What do you think?
That's exactly why they are not featured on AEW television as much. When Omega was doing his Belt Collector storyline only to get hurt how do you think Impact and AAA felt about that? You don't think they wanted Josh Alexander and Vikingo to beat Kenny and get that massive rub don't you?

#9 ·
What is funny in ALL of this is pretending that FTR wouldn’t have chose holding the IWGP tag titles over holding the AEW titles for a second time. Those (Dax) geeks are major fucking marks and wanted those IWGP titles.

And if we want to get REAL about things, Cash needs to start wondering, “Why have I only wrestled a couple of matches since the Owen Hart tourney AGAINST DAX, but he is requesting all of these singles matches?”

#12 ·
Yes and no.

Yes into dropping AAA belts as they don’t mean much in general. IWGP tag work with their deal with NJPW aren’t aren’t defended often so them holding them isn’t a problem. ROH is literally AEW so holding them is a positive as holding them keeps them in spotlight without being AEW tag team champions.

By holding 3 different company belts then it mirrors Omega belt collector in that the end game is hard to predict as each company want the rub to defeat the champs but of course, AEW want FTR to be strong so that when they lost ROH belts, they put over another team in their company.

#18 ·
So people actually want them to go back to WWE to job to Dwayne's cousins 🤣

#24 ·

What do you think?
As someone who watches those other promotions, I'd say no. Also, one of those 3 companies they have the tag titles from is owned by Tony Khan, so I don't think that has anything to do with anything... It's not like they're off running around the world either. They literally just went to Japan for the first time about a month ago to defend their IWGP titles, and as far as I know they haven't been to Mexico pretty much all year.

#26 ·
I think it’s the other way around. I think FTR wants to be on AEW TV holding the AEW tag titles, but because they don’t plan to resign then Tony prefers to use the titles to get over the AEW talent who will be staying with the product.

Meanwhile he can lend out a top US tag team to multiple other promotions to improve those working relationships, while FTR is still getting to accrue some consolation titles and accolades despite being blocked from the AEW titles.

#41 ·
Well FTR should have won the AEW titles from the young Bucks instead of Swerve and Lee. Then FTR should have dropped them to the Acclaimed. This should have been obvious.
The Acclaimed are white hot and let's face it the most over people in aew, so you can't take the titles off them.

The tweets by Dax and Cash suggest they're going on a losing streak. Losing all the championships and possibly gonna have a string of solo matches against each other. To see who the better man is. Hard to predict Khan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.