Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
14,092 Posts
I think it would definitely get them more air time if they dropped their other belts and focused on their company's belts instead of other company's. Maybe that's why they're not featured as much.

What do you think?
I’d suggest they focus on requesting Tag Team matches from Tony Khan for their airtime instead of goddamn dream matches against Bryan Danielson, all in an effort to cosplay Bret Hart, but I don’t see an end in sight for that. Sooo…

The Bucks forced Dax to ask for that Bryan dream match of his…

“Look Ma! I’m on tv! Hey pa! Pa!!! I’m Bret Hart! Ha-yuck, ha-yuck!!”

· Registered
10,473 Posts
I'd like to see them get the Bucks in the ring and start working extremely stiff. That being said, The Acclaimed are pretty over at the moment, and the Bucks and Kenny are busy with their playground trios matches.

· Registered
1,841 Posts
I think it would definitely get them more air time if they dropped their other belts and focused on their company's belts instead of other company's. Maybe that's why they're not featured as much.

What do you think?
That's exactly why they are not featured on AEW television as much. When Omega was doing his Belt Collector storyline only to get hurt how do you think Impact and AAA felt about that? You don't think they wanted Josh Alexander and Vikingo to beat Kenny and get that massive rub don't you?

· Registered
14,092 Posts
I'd like to see them get the Bucks in the ring and start working extremely stiff. That being said, The Acclaimed are pretty over at the moment, and the Bucks and Kenny are busy with their playground trios matches.
FTR are pussies. They talked all that shit about “a real fight” on the Cucknette Podcast when they were coming into AEW, then they did a goddamn “History of Tag Team” wrestling montage the moment they got in a ring with The Bucks.

All talk…

· Registered
14,092 Posts
What is funny in ALL of this is pretending that FTR wouldn’t have chose holding the IWGP tag titles over holding the AEW titles for a second time. Those (Dax) geeks are major fucking marks and wanted those IWGP titles.

And if we want to get REAL about things, Cash needs to start wondering, “Why have I only wrestled a couple of matches since the Owen Hart tourney AGAINST DAX, but he is requesting all of these singles matches?”

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I'd like to see FTR go back to WWE personally and cut ties with the dead weight.

But sure, while theyre still stuck in AEW it would make sense for the best tag team that company has to have their titles instead of holding meaningless indie titles.
Big fat nope to going back to shitty 7 minute matches with the same 3 other teams.

I want more of the FTR VS Briscoes, VS Aussie Open, VS Young Bucks... they literally put on tag team clinic after clinic outside of WWE.

· The Face of Evil
6,979 Posts
Big fat nope to going back to shitty 7 minute matches with the same 3 other teams.

I want more of the FTR VS Briscoes, VS Aussie Open, VS Young Bucks... they literally put on tag team clinic after clinic outside of WWE.
WWE under HHH has a bunch of workrate garbage now so they'd get longer matches and with more talent available than whats in AEW. Briscoes? Another match would be nice. Aussie Open? Eh. Young Bucks? Fuck no, keep FTR away from bad comedy acts, this includes the New Day in WWE too.

· Registered
2,308 Posts
Yes and no.

Yes into dropping AAA belts as they don’t mean much in general. IWGP tag work with their deal with NJPW aren’t aren’t defended often so them holding them isn’t a problem. ROH is literally AEW so holding them is a positive as holding them keeps them in spotlight without being AEW tag team champions.

By holding 3 different company belts then it mirrors Omega belt collector in that the end game is hard to predict as each company want the rub to defeat the champs but of course, AEW want FTR to be strong so that when they lost ROH belts, they put over another team in their company.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
WWE under HHH has a bunch of workrate garbage now so they'd get longer matches and with more talent available than whats in AEW. Briscoes? Another match would be nice. Aussie Open? Eh. Young Bucks? Fuck no, keep FTR away from bad comedy acts, this includes the New Day in WWE too.
Yet both their matches with the Bucks were off the charts.

Same with the Aussie Open match.

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,245 Posts
I don't mind because I watch other promotions and have seen FTR put on some great matches there. But for people who just watch AEW/WWE, I can understand them wanting FTR focused only on the AEW tag belts. At the same time, this has been the breakout year for The Acclaimed so in a sense letting FTR spread their wings hasn't been a bad thing, as they would've been in secondary feuds anyway. It's allowed the top act in AEW, their best merchandise sellers of 2022, to become stars. If FTR do stay, then nothing is stopping 2023 from being their year to win the AEW Tag Title again.

FTR's ROH Tag Title reign has seen two of the best tag matches I've seen against the Briscoes. It's a shame the Briscoes are barred from AEW by Warner as that series happening before more eyes would've meant a lot.

FTR's IWGP Tag Title reign has seen one of the best matches I've seen against Aussie Open.

· Registered
14,092 Posts
One last thought about FTR: I know I’m not the only one who remembers how many fans were crying about The Lucha Bros and Proud and Powerful being booked like shit in early AEW, because The Bucks were somehow scared someone else would be more over than them.

Right? @LifeInCattleClass , I’m sure you can correct me if I am misremembering.

· Registered
14,092 Posts
I don't mind because I watch other promotions and have seen FTR put on some great matches there. But for people who just watch AEW/WWE, I can understand them wanting FTR focused only on the AEW tag belts. At the same time, this has been the breakout year for The Acclaimed so in a sense letting FTR spread their wings hasn't been a bad thing, as they would've been in secondary feuds anyway. It's allowed the top act in AEW, their best merchandise sellers of 2022, to become stars. If FTR do stay, then nothing is stopping 2023 from being their year to win the AEW Tag Title again.

FTR's ROH Tag Title reign has seen two of the best tag matches I've seen against the Briscoes. It's a shame the Briscoes are barred from AEW by Warner as that series happening before more eyes would've meant a lot.

FTR's IWGP Tag Title reign has seen one of the best matches I've seen against Aussie Open.

View attachment 141278
I think a proper FTR and Bucks feud is coming in 2023, which would explain why they held off on the rubber match, have kept FTR busy with other work, and allowed Acclaimed time in the spotlight.

2023 is the year of a tag title main event.

· Registered
27,586 Posts
One last thought about FTR: I know I’m not the only one who remembers how many fans were crying about The Lucha Bros and Proud and Powerful being booked like shit in early AEW, because The Bucks were somehow scared someone else would be more over than them.

Right? @LifeInCattleClass , I’m sure you can correct me if I am misremembering.
nope, you remember it well

when the bucks put people over nobody said boo, and when they won it was like the crucified someone

i remember TK once said he had to put his foot down and forced the YB to win a feud - cause he spent so much money on them xD

but they are scared of losing their spot, yup yup yup yup yup

· Registered
10,473 Posts
So people actually want them to go back to WWE to job to Dwayne's cousins 🤣

· Registered
27,586 Posts
I think a proper FTR and Bucks feud is coming in 2023, which would explain why they held off on the rubber match, have kept FTR busy with other work, and allowed Acclaimed time in the spotlight.

2023 is the year of a tag title main event.
FTR will leave in 2023

and they will do the right thing and go out on their backs to the bucks

and the marks will cry, even though we all know its the best way to leave a territory

· Registered
14,092 Posts
FTR will leave in 2023

and they will do the right thing and go out on their backs to the bucks

and the marks will cry, even though we all know its the best way to leave a territory
FTR winning tonight would be a glorious first step in making that into a reality, and the bitchfests will be even more glorious. Lol

1 - 20 of 41 Posts