• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He seems to be one of the most hated wrestler of all time. He had a good career though. I loved watching him and Jeff back in the day and actually loved his singles career for the most part. He was great as Version 1.0 and the MVP and Edge feuds were classics.

Obviously I'm not a fan of him since getting cut but I would think based off his accomplishments, he's worthy of an introduction with Jeff as the Hardy Boyz and also a solo introduction.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would you consider Jeff his better? Matt was always better than him up until Version 1.0 ended and he got fat.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Only if it's with the hardy boys., if not then no. And Jeff easily had the better career.

·
Banned
237 Posts
Hardy Boys and Team 3d both will go in after Jeff and Dudley are done with TNA.

Also Matt Hardy had the better storylines (kane/lita, Edge/lita) and he took a real life feud and turned it into a good story with edge. But jeff had more accomplishments. Matt was a better mic worker than jeff, just jeff appealed to more people

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes, without question. He's more than worthy for WWE's Hall of Fame. Most likely inducted as a team with his brother Jeff.

But even as a singles star, he had a far more successful career than people already in the WWE HOF like Koko B. Ware.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Unless he returns to WWE for an absolutely mind-blowing legendary run, I don't think in any way he deserves to be inducted into the HoF as an individual. It's nothing personal, but how low are we setting the bar here if Matt Hardy is included? There are a million guys who have accomplished more, have been more over, and have had more impact. Yes, the V1 gimmick was great and overall he was probably better than Jeff in many respects, but there's just simply nothing HoF-worthy about his singles career.

Now as a member of the Hardy Boyz? Absolutely.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Depends...will his grapes also be inducted?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well he had a much more successful singles career than most guys. He held every belt except the two main ones and was a steady mid card draw for several years. He had a very unique moveset and good mic skills. I think he's just completely overshadowed by Jeff's success and his fake suicide sure didn't help him get over.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Like others said, as part of the Hardy Boyz, he deserves to be, but not by himself.

All 3 of the big name attitude era tag teams will probably be inducted, but I don't see anyone else(Jeff Hardy is probably only one who I'd consider) out of that group I see getting inducted by himself(besides Edge,since he already did get inducted)

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Can't stand Matt Hardy, but yeah, for sure. If you don't think he should be in there, you're simply wrong.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Like others said, as part of the Hardy Boyz, he deserves to be, but not by himself.

All 3 of the big name attitude era tag teams will probably be inducted, but I don't see anyone else(Jeff Hardy is probably only one who I'd consider) out of that group I see getting inducted by himself(besides Edge,since he already did get inducted)
Christian will probably be inducted at some point, he has found a pretty good amount of success in the WWE and was always one of their more quality performers. And he did at least stand out.

In regards to Matt, probably not as singles but the Hardys will most likely be inducted. I would like to say however that Matt is easily the better of the two, but as far as their careers go, it goes without saying that Jeff had the more successful career.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
I agree, as a Hardy Boy--he's a lock.

Matt Hardy and Matt Hardy v1., began my list of "boring wrestlers" way back when.

I'm not gonna throw stones, but Shannon Moore >>> Matt Hardy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.