Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So the overwhelming majority don't want to see it lol, I guess I can understand that. It is definitely a played out angle in WWE. Something tells me its gonna happen eventually though. If AEW one day starts to beats RAW/SD consistently in the ratings, I can see Tony Khan wanting a piece of that glory by doing something on air.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
You are way too invested in being right, my man. It’s why you don’t have any meaningful convos with anyone of a dissenting opinion.

Here: you flat out wish bad will on the company as a means to be “right”.
Actually, not true. I love being wrong -- gives you a chance to learn something. Have no problem being wrong and will admit it if I am. It's just rare on this subject and because the AEW fanboys are so goddamn smug and get so up-in-arms about people's "opinions," it's just fun when they have to eat that crow.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No On-screen authority. I like that all the match making happens off screen. Who did Teddy Long ever get over as authority figure?

Authority Figures are a lot of wasted segment and time that don't really get wrestlers over. Every segment on a wrestler show should build heat for a match or build up a wrestler.

If you can't wrestle you shouldn't be on screen unless absolutely necessary like a commentator or a referee. You're getting somebody over that can't work a match when you could spend that time getting somebody over who can work a match.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
Would I like it no, 20+ years of seeing the McMahon's do it and I'm over it, but eventually he will make himself an on-screen presence. He's a fan of pro wrestling to the point he made a company. Eventually he's going to get the itch to be apart of it all the way. I mean he couldn't stop himself from doing Stone Cold Stunners and Austin doesn't even work for him lol. In the next 3 or 4 years you're going to get something like Tony vs Cody/Moxley/Omega.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
The only thing I would like less than an evil boss angle is if they ran a foreign heel vs USA angle

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Would I like it no, 20+ years of seeing the McMahon's do it and I'm over it, but eventually he will make himself an on-screen presence. He's a fan of pro wrestling to the point he made a company. Eventually he's going to get the itch to be apart of it all the way. I mean he couldn't stop himself from doing Stone Cold Stunners and Austin doesn't even work for him lol. In the next 3 or 4 years you're going to get something like Tony vs Cody/Moxley/Omega.
I agree with the general sentiment here, but Tony Khan didn't just start a wrestling company because he's a fan. He started a wrestling company because he thought he could make millions off TV rights fees.

·
Registered
21,618 Posts
I agree with the general sentiment here, but Tony Khan didn't just start a wrestling company because he's a fan. He started a wrestling company because he thought he could make millions off TV rights fees.
I won't deny money had a part in it. But I'm primarily going the main reason is he's a big wrestling fan. Because if it's just money he wants feels like there are tons of better options you know.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I won't deny money had a part in it. But I'm primarily going the main reason is he's a big wrestling fan. Because if it's just money he wants feels like there are tons of better options you know.
Oh, and I'm not arguing that he's a fan. But getting into wrestling was actually a really smart decision. Live entertainment is sought after, and if you can get a promotion that gets anywhere close to what the WWE gets in terms of eyeballs, you're cooking with gas -- and there is a lot of fan dissatisfaction. The timing was brilliant, but it's just a shame that the execution has not been.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts